PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Bryant

CadaverDawg
11-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Any word on how his visit is going? I feel like we're a long shot, but wouldn't mind getting a QB with CFP experience to add competition for the job

testuser
11-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Any word on how his visit is going? I feel like we're a long shot, but wouldn't mind getting a QB with CFP experience to add competition for the job

Sources say he is not impressed with outside talent coming back as well as lack of things to do in Starkville.

paco
11-17-2018, 08:03 PM

If Fedora is retained at UNC then Bryant will go there. If not, he will be at MSU next year. Arky is 3rd. This is from a Clemson writer earlier this week.

GreenheadDawg
11-17-2018, 08:04 PM
Sources say he is not impressed with outside talent coming back as well as lack of things to do in Starkville.

Well bye then.

msstate7
11-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Delete

DancingRabbit
11-17-2018, 08:11 PM

Hates cowbells

Cooterpoot
11-17-2018, 08:12 PM
If Fedora is retained at UNC then Bryant will go there. If not, he will be at MSU next year. Arky is 3rd. This is from a Clemson writer earlier this week.

Arkansas isn’t a consideration. It’s MO.

Dawgology
11-17-2018, 08:26 PM
Heard it went well and is down to UNC and MSU

HoopsDawg
11-17-2018, 08:32 PM

Why haven't you mods banned this obvious troll?

Really Clark?
11-17-2018, 08:33 PM

Well despite that, supposedly, we are moving up in mind as a possibility, according to sources. Everything I’ve heard and been told is been very positive

Commercecomet24
11-17-2018, 08:34 PM
It's unc or us.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2018, 08:40 PM
Anybody that would go to UNC and that dumpster fire is crazy. Fedora is a snake oil salesman.

Commercecomet24
11-17-2018, 08:40 PM
Anybody that would go to UNC and that dumpster fire is crazy. Fedora is a snake oil salesman.

You got that right.

Really Clark?
11-17-2018, 08:41 PM

Yes he is

Dawgology
11-17-2018, 08:44 PM

From what I understand he and Fedora have known each other for a long time. Don’t know that for sure though.

msstate7
11-17-2018, 08:46 PM

He really wants to go to unc and have his old team beat em 55-9 next year?

VandelayIndustries
11-17-2018, 08:50 PM
Is Fedora even going to be the coach next year? Have to think he is on the hot seat

HoopsDawg
11-17-2018, 09:05 PM
From what I understand he and Fedora have known each other for a long time. Don’t know that for sure though.

He's also from that area. And UNC recently put Trubisky in the 1st round. And he feels they lost a lot of close games.

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2018, 09:37 PM

Impressive 88th post.

Liverpooldawg
11-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Well bye then.

And absolutely NO surprise you agreed.

DogsofAnarchy
11-18-2018, 12:44 AM

You’re a douche.

BhamDawg205
11-18-2018, 01:06 AM
Well bye then.

Not on the KB train myself... But if he comes fine with the understanding he's competing for the job. KT has shown flashes he can do what's asked of him. If JoMo guarantees KB the job, will he be tied to the idea no matter how bad QB play is in a single game he won't go to the backup?

yjnkdawg
11-18-2018, 01:24 AM
Not on the KB train myself... But if he comes fine with the understanding he's competing for the job. KT has shown flashes he can do what's asked of him. If JoMo guarantees KB the job, will he be tied to the idea no matter how bad QB play is in a single game he won't go to the backup?

Like I had said a while back. I just can't see JoeMo telling him that just come to MSU and you will be my starting quarterback. That would be more of an OM tatic when Freeze was their coach. More like we need you to come in and compete, and you will have an opportunity to be our starting quarterback.

Todd4State
11-18-2018, 01:26 AM
After seeing Key play today I'm fine with either Key or Bryant.

yjnkdawg
11-18-2018, 01:29 AM

And your sources are???? The OM Spirit, NAFoom??? .........Inquiring minds would like to know, because other source don't jive with what your sources say.

yjnkdawg
11-18-2018, 01:35 AM

Mayden should still be in the mix too. He needs to digest and get comfortable with the playbook, and they need to work with him on improving his passing efficiency.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-18-2018, 01:40 AM
It might be down to UNC and us right now but if Auburn wants him, they?re going to get him. They like tran$fer player$ down there on The Plain$.

NCDawg
11-18-2018, 02:00 AM

I think it's probably as much to do in Starkville as it is in Chapel Hill. As far as "outside talent coming back", I think we probably have more than UNC.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2018, 02:28 AM
It might be down to UNC and us right now but if Auburn wants him, they?re going to get him. They like tran$fer player$ down there on The Plain$.

Yep

Commercecomet24
11-18-2018, 02:49 AM

Here's the thing though. Kelly wants a shot at the nfl and he doesn't want to run the ball 20 times a game like gus wants with his QBs. He doesn't want to get beat up. He wants pass first offense. That's why it's very unlikely it's auburn

Todd4State
11-18-2018, 03:04 AM
Mayden should still be in the mix too. He needs to digest and get comfortable with the playbook, and they need to work with him on improving his passing efficiency.

That's why I think it's unlikely that Mayden starts next year. I think he needs more time.

BhamDawg205
11-18-2018, 03:33 AM

I'm all for Key and Mayden battling it out and Schrader reshirting. Key and May will have a year more experience in this system. I feel JoMo gets 3 years or better. So this KB sweepstakes could set back our QBs maturing in the offense. If KB comes, will Key and May countinue to barely see the field?

BrunswickDawg
11-18-2018, 07:51 AM
I'm all for Key and Mayden battling it out and Schrader reshirting. Key and May will have a year more experience in this system. I feel JoMo gets 3 years or better. So this KB sweepstakes could set back our QBs maturing in the offense. If KB comes, will Key and May countinue to barely see the field?

The thing is, if we had had a normal QB depth chart, Key would have been redshirted last year and then played about as much as he did this year. As much as I appreciate what he did against Ole Miss and Louisville the best thing for his development - regardless of system- would have been for him to never have seen the field last year. Bryant puts a redshirt in play for Key because of the 4 game rule. It could be a very positive thing for us.

BhamDawg205
11-18-2018, 08:05 AM
The thing is, if we had had a normal QB depth chart, Key would have been redshirted last year and then played about as much as he did this year. As much as I appreciate what he did against Ole Miss and Louisville the best thing for his development - regardless of system- would have been for him to never have seen the field last year. Bryant puts a redshirt in play for Key because of the 4 game rule. It could be a very positive thing for us.

True about that depth chart when Mullen was here. Now JoMo has that depth, probably never seen in MSU history. Key playing, if he beats out Mayden and Schrader, Sets us up for future depth going forward. Key uses his last 2 years of eligibility, clearing the way for Mayden or Schrader to be aire apparent. This also leaves us with a capable backup. Not another 3 QB race and likely hood loosing one to tranfer. I need to brush up on the rule, because Key has played in 4 already. Can the 4 game rule be at any given year?

msbulldog
11-18-2018, 08:08 AM
True about that depth chart when Mullen was here. Now JoMo has that depth, probably never seen in MSU history. Key playing, if he beats out Mayden and Schrader, Sets us up for future depth going forward. Key uses his last 2 years of eligibility, clearing the way for Mayden or Schrader to be aire apparent. This also leaves us with a capable backup. Not another 3 QB race and likely hood loosing one to tranfer. I need to brush up on the rule, because Key has played in 4 already. Can the 4 game rule be at any given year?

Yes.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 08:17 AM

I don't see any way key sticks around if Bryant is brought in. Key could transfer and use his RS while sitting out. That'd give him 2 to play 2.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2018, 08:18 AM
Here's the thing though. Kelly wants a shot at the nfl and he doesn't want to run the ball 20 times a game like gus wants with his QBs. He doesn't want to get beat up. He wants pass first offense. That's why it's very unlikely it's auburn

Well he shouldn't come to MSU then either.

GreenheadDawg
11-18-2018, 08:42 AM
And absolutely NO surprise you agreed.

Agreed with what? Never said I thought this post was legit because it?s obvious this guy is a troll. But If he comes, great. If he doesn?t, that?s fine too. I?ve never been very impressed with him. He succeeded because he had a lot of talent around him. Absolutely NO surprise you make a dumbass post.

Quaoarsking
11-18-2018, 08:52 AM
I don't see any way key sticks around if Bryant is brought in. Key could transfer and use his RS while sitting out. That'd give him 2 to play 2.

If Bryant comes, we should offer Key to redshirt in 2019 and really immerse himself in the offense. If it finally clicks, he can compete for the starting job in 2020-21 and probably get it.

If it doesn't click or he sees that Mayden or Shrader is clearly going to beat him out in 2020, he can graduate transfer and have 2 to play 2 just like if he did now.

Or if he sticks around for 2020 and doesn't win the job, he could still graduate transfer for the 2021 season.

msstate7
11-18-2018, 08:58 AM
If Bryant comes, we should offer Key to redshirt in 2019 and really immerse himself in the offense. If it finally clicks, he can compete for the starting job in 2020-21 and probably get it.

If it doesn't click or he sees that Mayden or Shrader is clearly going to beat him out in 2020, he can graduate transfer and have 2 to play 2 just like if he did now.

Or if he sticks around for 2020 and doesn't win the job, he could still graduate transfer for the 2021 season.

I'm all for it, but that would be a hard sell imo

Commercecomet24
11-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Well he shouldn't come to MSU then either.

Why? Mullen ain't here. Joe has only run the QB so much this year cause that's what nick can do. His offense when run properly doesn't require that many qb runs.

Quaoarsking
11-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Yeah, if KB is looking for a pass-oriented offense that will give him a chance to get drafted, we're the obvious choice over Arkansas or North Carolina, who will struggle to reach a bowl even if they get him.

Commercecomet24
11-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Yeah, if KB is looking for a pass-oriented offense that will give him a chance to get drafted, we're the obvious choice over Arkansas or North Carolina, who will struggle to reach a bowl even if they get him.

Yep.

RougeDawg
11-18-2018, 09:47 AM
I heard KB enjoyed his visit and the town. FWIW a student that hangs out with KT and other football players told me KB went out with them Friday night. Not KT and out players.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-18-2018, 10:10 AM

So 4 passes against a terrible Arky defense convinced you? Ok

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2018, 10:19 AM
I heard KB enjoyed his visit and the town. FWIW a student that hangs out with KT and other football players told me KB went out with them Friday night. Not KT and out players.

That's not surprising considering players can't go out on Friday nights. They have curfews & have to be in their hotel rooms.