PDA

View Full Version : Fitz appreciation thread

Coach007
11-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Hell of a run you have had! Injury and all!

msstate7
11-17-2018, 02:54 PM
I love fitz. Kid has been criticized his whole career, but it's been a great career. Damn shame he had to follow dak

Marshdawg
11-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Concur, think back over the year how electric his runs have been. Fitz is ALL DOG.

Dawgology
11-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Well done, Fitz! Thanks for the memories and all you have done for MSU. Now...go kick tsun’s ass!!!

dawgday166
11-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Fitz is one of my guys. The kid has balled out here at MSU for the last 3 years. He's tough as hell too!

Commercecomet24
11-17-2018, 03:24 PM
I love Fitz! The kid has competed his butt off for us and left it all on the field. Dak and him helped us reach new heights and are State legends! He's got 2 more games to add to the legend! I'm proud he's Dawg!

BuckyIsAB****
11-17-2018, 03:27 PM
You dont have SEC records if you aint any good. Kid has been hated on and criticized since day 1 (some of it deserving) but played as hard as he could every single ball game.

He is the most talented QB we have ever had. If he had Mullen this year he wouldve been in the heisman talks and I honestly believe that.

I cant imagine how excited he is for next Thurs. He has got to be licking his chops

BrunswickDawg
11-17-2018, 03:30 PM
How about we take it back to the beginning and my old "This Week in GA QB Commits" threads and Fits tearing apart my Glynn Academy Red Terrors- https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?6146-This-Week-in-GA-QB-Commits&highlight=Week+Commits

Game winding down. I have Nick with 26 carries for 157 yards and 5 TDs, 2-5 passing for 90 yards and 2 TDs in a 47-28 win. Ill do a review after I pick up my band kids and get home.

Before I start - I want to emphasize that I am a football fan only - and have no real playing experience. My game was baseball, and I could give a strong scouting report for a hitter or pitcher. My closest experience with evaluating QB's is having caught a TD pass in PE from a high school All-American QB.

Richmond Hill runs a true option attack. Nick called his own number a lot. He pounded the gap off tackle. He has a quick first step off the snap when running from under center. He did a great job of hitting the gap and then just pounding the LB's. He had 6 runs of 10 or more yards. He looked good running sweeps with one back, and making the pitching just before getting hit to spring the RB to the outside for big gains. Harris the RB may have broken 100 tonight, but I wasn't keeping his stats... When Nick runs, he seemed to have good vision for the field. He had a nice side-step move that was a little Tebow-ish. This was big on a great scramble in the 2nd when he avoided the blitz and turned a sure sack into a 5 yard gain. He is a tall kid, but pretty lean not thick like Tebow or Relf.

Passing is a little hard to judge with only 5 attempts in the game. The first pass attempt was a well thrown ball, and would have been about a 15 yard gain, but the receiver ran a crappy route. The second attempt was just before the half. The receiver dropped an easy 20 yard pass on the 5 for what would have been an easy TD. The third pass was a 35 yard TD - fly route. He led the WR perfectly and hit him in stride. It was a hire, arching, tight spiral. Nice touch, and good zip. Fourth attempt was a TD - post pattern that hit the WR in stride for a 55 yard TD. 45 or so in the air. 5th attempt was a bad throw.

If I had to compare, I would say he is definitely in the run-first Relf-fense style. I think he has more touch than Chris, can throw a good deep ball, but does did not show a "cannon". He is much faster than I thought he would be, which is a big asset. On the 50 yard TD run he showed a second gear and then trucked a guy on the 5 to get the score. If, and I would say it is a big if, he made a move he has the speed to be tough TE (assuming he can catch). Honestly though, I think he has the tools to compete after a RS year. I could see Nick thriving with Shump and someone like Holloway out of the backfield. It would be a very Mullen at UF style O with Nick at QB. I am not saying he is Tebow - but he would be very good in that type offensive.

My kids say this is when my "man crush" on Fitz began. I've enjoyed the hell out of having two "local" kids - Fitz and Darrius Slay - make such great impacts on the team I love. It has opened up so many more conversations with local sports fans because they are rooting for our guys too. Could not be prouder of the kid.

Coach007
11-17-2018, 03:31 PM
You dont have SEC records if you aint any good. Kid has been hated on and criticized since day 1 (some of it deserving) but played as hard as he could every single ball game.

He is the most talented QB we have ever had. If he had Mullen this year he wouldve been in the heisman talks and I honestly believe that.

I cant imagine how excited he is for next Thurs. He has got to be licking his chops

I hope he goes there and beats them by 100!

CJDAWG85
11-17-2018, 04:19 PM
The criticism was always going to be tough being the guy behind Dak, but he has competed his ass off for us and given us everything. Two games left and two important ones. Go out with a bang!

MaroonFlounder
11-17-2018, 07:05 PM
Fitz should never have to buy his own drink in Starkvegas, ever again.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Thank you, Fitz. HailState Legend

DeputyDawg94
11-17-2018, 07:48 PM
It’s hard to be the man after the man and he did it. There’s no way to measure his heart. He just kept fighting his whole career. Glad he is a DAWG. Much respect!

DeputyDawg94
11-17-2018, 07:50 PM
I hope he goes there and beats them by 100!

I hope he wears gold socks and runs for 250!!!

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2018, 07:51 PM
I love fitz. Kid has been criticized his whole career, but it's been a great career. Damn shame he had to follow dak

It's hard to be the guy after the guy. He paved his own way. Working with less talent around him at times. Took all the bullshit from ghe fanbase week in and out. Lost his head coach. Yet still suited up week in week out. Mississippi State Style.