PDA

View Full Version : "The Mill" has some decent legs

mjh94
10-17-2013, 04:25 PM
I'll still take the "i'll believe it when i see it" road. It does seem to be picking up momentum, especially if the University is putting our press releases.

LINK (http://msstate.edu/web/media/detail.php?id=6276)

Political Hack
10-17-2013, 05:43 PM
I say we open a bar. Who's in?

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM
In. Ill run it

BulldogBear
10-17-2013, 06:41 PM

Will it have mini wings and large TVs? Or can it have mini tvs at each table and large wings!!?

Behrdawg
10-17-2013, 06:57 PM
You know I'm in.

Political Hack
10-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Boosters' sound like a good name?

hailmari
10-17-2013, 07:24 PM

Not bad. I like that.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2013, 07:28 PM

I was thinking we take a page out of Freeze's play book and call it "The Chapel".

That way we can literally tell croots' parents that we're going to take them to The chapel every Friday and Saturday night

Dawg61
10-17-2013, 07:47 PM
In. Ill run it

I'll run it. You don't know shit about running a bar.**

Behrdawg
10-17-2013, 08:23 PM
I'll run it. You don't know shit about running a bar.**

Actually...he would be excellent at running a bar.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Starkville needs a good sports bar with proper food.

Dawgbite
10-17-2013, 08:32 PM
I want my own barstool! And everybody has to say "Dawg" in unison when I walk in the door. Is anybody on here a mailman by any chance?

Behrdawg
10-17-2013, 08:47 PM

I saw that someone was building a Beef O'Bradys. What a moron. O'Bradys has the WORST business model ever and the food is terrible.

BWW, meh

Starkville needs a sports bar with MSU swag, good food with a menu that consists of more than sliders/wings/hotdogs, hot female servers, and a huge beer selection on tap...that would be a good start

Dawg61
10-17-2013, 08:51 PM

Tell ya what. I'll build "Maroon" and you build "White" right next to each other and let's see which one does better.**

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Tell ya what. I'll build "Maroon" and you build "White" right next to each other and let's see which one does better.**

What is your deal?

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-17-2013, 09:26 PM
I saw that someone was building a Beef O'Bradys. What a moron O'Bradys has the WORST business model ever and he food is terrible.

BWW, meh

Starkville needs a sports bar with MSU swag, good food with a menu that consists of more than sliders/wings/hotdogs, hot female servers, and a huge beer selection on tap...that would be a good start

Plus 1. Problem with sville is clientale. It isnt the same as oxford that will support good establishments. Sville wants 8 dollar plate lunches and dollar you call it.

It is why the veranda stays slammed and you can walk into tyler and get a table immediately.

Behrdawg
10-17-2013, 09:26 PM

The whole ** thing is used elsewhere. Not sure what you are insinuating when you are using that

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-17-2013, 09:28 PM
I dont know what ** means. I also assume he is referring to winners and losers in nashville.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2013, 09:31 PM
I saw that someone was building a Beef O'Bradys. What a moron O'Bradys has the WORST business model ever and he food is terrible.

BWW, meh

I went in Twin Peaks the other night in Jackson, and was pretty impressed. I wish they would put one of those in Starkville. It had a lot more food options than your typical Sports bar, but still had a great sports bar feel. The way they have their bar set up is pretty cool as well. And of course, the talent was decent, but I would imagine it would be top shelf in Starkville.

http://m.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/library/pdf/Twin-Peaks-Mobile-Menu.pdf

Thoughts? Too "chain-ish"?

Dawg61
What is your deal?

Geez lighten up. ** = sarcasm

Homedawg
I saw that someone was building a Beef O'Bradys. What a moron. O'Bradys has the WORST business model ever and the food is terrible.

BWW, meh

It's Donald lee. Hope he save more of that nfl money bc that is destined to fail.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Twin peaks is ok for what it is but we need a true local place.

I dont think starkville would support a twin peaks though.

Behrdawg
10-17-2013, 09:36 PM
I went in Twin Peaks the other night in Jackson, and was pretty impressed. I wish they would put one of those in Starkville. It had a lot more food options than your typical Sports bar, but still had a great sports bar feel. The way they have their bar set up is pretty cool as well. And of course, the talent was decent, but I would imagine it would be top shelf in Starkville.

http://m.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/library/pdf/Twin-Peaks-Mobile-Menu.pdf

Thoughts? Too "chain-ish"?

I like everything about Twin Peaks except for the food/menu. The food isnt that good and I felt like the menu was somewhat limited...

Then again- I was preoccupied with staring at ass all night

Robburl
10-18-2013, 12:22 AM
In all seriousness when do you think shovel hits dirt on this project? It would be huge for Starkville

Barking 13
10-18-2013, 07:30 AM
kind of off topic, but I've heard Jim & Nick's is considering Starkville (and Meridian, and possibly Tupelo)... I know that it's another BBQ place, but have you eaten there? I'd drive right past Dooeys to get to it...

'Merica Dawg
10-18-2013, 08:08 AM

I'm in! I know its virtually impossible, but a good idea would to use MSU farms as the veggie/meat supplier (instead of sysco).