PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

msstate7
11-17-2018, 10:07 AM
I really like this team. Last night, shooting from the perimeter was obviously subpar, but we won't be this bad all season. Ado is struggling a little early this season, but he proved he can play in this league last year. Our starting 5 is damn good. Carter is gonna be one of the best 6th men in the sec this year. Woodard and perry aren't entirely there yet, but their bodies are ready to play. Perry had 14 freaking rebs last night with 5 pts. The most impressive stat for perry and Woodard to me though was 44 mins between them and only 3 fouls. Usually our young bigs can't stay out of foul trouble. By January, I think these 2 will be really good.

I think we're a top 4 sec team with Kentucky, auburn, and tenn. I'm only putting Kentucky in that group right now though bc of potential. This is gonna be a fun year

MarketingBully
11-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Agreed, Msstate7. Great post!

PMDawg
11-17-2018, 10:53 AM
My biggest concern is that Peters has decided he's a shooter again. We were at our best last year when he was creating space for others and dishing the ball. He should be stuffing the stat sheet with assists, rather than missed FGs. If he goes back to that, we are immediately 5-10 points better.

parabrave
11-17-2018, 10:57 AM
My biggest concern is that Peters has decided he's a shooter again. We were at our best last year when he was creating space for others and dishing the ball. He should be stuffing the stat sheet with assists, rather than missed FGs. If he goes back to that, we are immediately 5-10 points better.

Yep good assessment. He need to run the offensive instead of popping 3s all night long. He was also very effective last year when he drove inside the arc for the basket. Perry is going to be a huge force in the future if he continues to play like that.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2018, 10:57 AM
I’ve learned to wait and see with b-ball. I refuse to get excited until we beat good teams.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-17-2018, 11:02 AM

That's just not true. Last night was the 1st night he seeked his shot & honestly we needed him to. The offense was struggling for the 1st 15min. He's avg 10 shots/game & 5 assist/game.

PMDawg
11-17-2018, 11:19 AM
That's just not true. Last night was the 1st night he seeked his shot & honestly we needed him to. The offense was struggling for the 1st 15min. He's avg 10 shots/game & 5 assist/game.

He shot 6 threes game 1 (made 1), 7 threes game 2 (made 2), and 8 threes last night (made 2). 5 for 21. That's too many for a guy that's shooting at a 24% clip. Last year he was 27% I dont mind him shooting 2s (especially from the paint), but he will never be a jump shooter. He just needs to take about 5 fewer jumpers a game. It's not a huge difference numbers wise, but it makes a big difference on the floor.

WSOPdawg
11-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Really looking forward to this Las Vegas tourney starting Monday night. We play Arizona State to potentially be followed by ncaa-darling St. Mary's provided we both win. Sagarin ratings for all 3 teams are: St. Mary's = 18, MSU = 22, Arizona St = 32. Big tourney for us, can't wait to tip it off.