PDA

View Full Version : How can tomorrow be the last home game this season?

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Seems like it the season just started and now tomorrow is the last time I'll sit in the stadium until next fall. Waited and waited for the season to get here and now it's all but over.

Commercecomet24
11-16-2018, 07:09 PM
It always goes to quick.

LC Dawg
11-16-2018, 07:12 PM
This season seems to have gone by a little quicker than most.

Dawgology
11-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Seems like it the season just started and now tomorrow is the last time I'll sit in the stadium until next fall. Waited and waited for the season to get here and now it's all but over.

You’re getting old. The time goes faster. Same things happening to me.

msstate7
11-16-2018, 07:24 PM
This season seems to have gone by a little quicker than most.
We just getting older

LC Dawg
11-16-2018, 07:54 PM
We just getting older
I just woke up from a nap to read this so I can't argue.

RocketDawg
11-16-2018, 07:59 PM

I believe that's one of the postulates of Special Relativity.

msstate7
11-16-2018, 08:00 PM

Beat me to it. True though

Statecoachingblows**
11-16-2018, 08:08 PM
I guess I'm getting old and didn't realize it. Many of these posts hit home and made me laugh ��

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2018, 08:09 PM
You?re getting old. The time goes faster. Same things happening to me.

Time goes faster because as a 5 year old, 1 year is 20% of your life. As a 50 year old a year is only 2% of your life. Shit is relative.

Rick Danko
11-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Good reason to learn to enjoy it rather than bitching about everything that doesn?t go right. Love him or hate him, one of States best qbs ever will be playing his last home game tomorrow

turkish
11-16-2018, 08:53 PM
Time goes faster because as a 5 year old, 1 year is 20% of your life. As a 50 year old a year is only 2% of your life. Shit is relative.

‘61 just pulled out the calculator app on his phone and still can’t figure it out.

Goldendawg
11-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Lived in Ashland, grades 1 - 6. The school week was so long waiting for Saturday to get here. Cartoons in the morning and Tarzan followed by Jungle Jim ( News short, "The Passing Parade", in between), on Channel 3 in Memphis. Now, "The Passing Parade" is going way too fast.

Goldendawg
11-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Good reason to learn to enjoy it rather than bitching about everything that doesn?t go right. Love him or hate him, one of States best qbs ever will be playing his last home game tomorrow

Hail Nick! SEC QB Rushing Leader with more to come. Hope he runs and passes all over Arky, UNM, and a good bowl opponent. Hail State!

RocketDawg
11-16-2018, 09:54 PM
‘61 just pulled out the calculator app on his phone and still can’t figure it out.

There's a reason for that. **

Pit Bull
11-17-2018, 07:42 AM
IMO, it is past time to expand the playoffs to 8 teams. Five power conference champions however they want to determine it. And 3 at-large teams, in this case, the highest ranked teams after the P5 Champions would get selected for the playoffs. Has to be a pre-agreed upon computer formula though in order to take the human bias out that the committee exhibits. Just add a game by starting the season a week early in late August, or make the spring game an OOC meaningful game that counts in your fall standings. It just needs to happen though.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2018, 07:48 AM
I’ve never been as happy to see a winning season end as I will be this year. Too much bitching and complaining (me included) and just a weird season. I thinks it’s because we’ve never had a new coach follow a winning coach. The expectations were so high and the let down probably shouldn’t have been unexpected but it was. The off-season might be interesting.

msstate7
11-17-2018, 07:59 AM
I’ve never been as happy to see a winning season end as I will be this year. Too much bitching and complaining (me included) and just a weird season. I thinks it’s because we’ve never had a new coach follow a winning coach. The expectations were so high and the let down probably shouldn’t have been unexpected but it was. The off-season might be interesting.

I would take a serious look at Breiner and Johnson. It's concerning to me that we can't seem to get any of our QBs to learn this offense. I've been disappointed with oline play. Go ahead and get nice raises for defensive staff... keep them to together.

Cooterpoot
11-17-2018, 08:01 AM
I agree 7. And bring in Hughes somehow.

msstate7
11-17-2018, 08:05 AM
I agree 7. And bring in Hughes somehow.

Where do we put Hughes? If we don't offer on-field, you know OM will. Do you let Joey Jones walk?

Sienfield
11-17-2018, 08:14 AM
I would take a serious look at Breiner and Johnson. It's concerning to me that we can't seem to get any of our QBs to learn this offense. I've been disappointed with oline play. Go ahead and get nice raises for defensive staff... keep them to together.

Back in 2007 Croom gave the OC the same raise he gave Ellis Johnson the DC. The defense was good under Johnson but the offense was really bad as everyone knows. Johnson left and 2008 happened and Croom was fired. I may be wrong on this but that is the word I heard.

The defense this years was great and deserves a raise. I don't know what needs to be done for the offense but changes need to be made.