PDA

View Full Version : Now Walker is coming in this weekend too!

Coach007
11-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Walker signed on with Michigan over offers from Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, Penn State and USC among many others.

Ranked as the #4 running back in the country for the 2016 signing class

"I am letting my coach talk with a lot of the schools and handle all of that," Walker said. "Right now, the only visit I have set up is to Mississippi State, so I am doing my research about them. I am going to take some other trips and I'll get those set up sometime soon. I am looking forward to the weekend and seeing how things go at Mississippi State."

CadaverDawg
11-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Excellent! Maybe we finally saw how little Ole Miss was being punished and decided to break out the juicy jumbos!

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Pass until we find out why he stunk so bad in juco, why no one else has offered, & if anybody else is even recruiting him. We need bodies I know but I'd rather stick with just Witherspoon & go after a legit big time back next year & maybe a solid juco to help bridge the gap.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Again, Give this man time and let's see where he takes us.

He doesn't seem to shy away from big names!

Coach007
11-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Pass until we find out why he stunk so bad in juco, why no one else has offered, & if anybody else is even recruiting him. We need bodies I know but I'd rather stick with just Witherspoon & go after a legit big time back next year & maybe a solid juco to help bridge the gap.

I can answer that. The team sucked. The leading rusher only had 30 yards more.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2018, 12:56 PM
This wasn't common knowledge yet? I thought it was.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2018, 12:57 PM

The offensive line was ATROCIOUS!! That could be a reason.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 12:57 PM

That's fine but you would a think a kid that talented would have at least 1 or 2 plays where that elite talent showed. He didn't. It's concerning. It's a reason MSU nor anybody else has offered. Maybe they find out & are comfortable with taking him I just don't think it's a slam dunk he gets an offer.

msstate7
11-15-2018, 01:00 PM
That's fine but you would a think a kid that talented would have at least 1 or 2 plays where that elite talent showed. He didn't. It's concerning. It's a reason MSU nor anybody else has offered. Maybe they find out & are comfortable with taking him I just don't think it's a slam dunk he gets an offer.

What can an OV include? Can we work him out? If the measurables are still good, maybe taking a shot is worth it. Kirby-lane is kinda the same deal, right?

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 01:06 PM

Agreed. Is he a back up for Weatherspoon if we miss?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 01:06 PM
What can an OV include? Can we work him out? If the measurables are still good, maybe taking a shot is worth it. Kirby-lane is kinda the same deal, right?

This is an unofficial hes OV in December. If the staff decides they want him cool. He obviously has/had elite talent at 1 point & he's strictly depth next year. I just would like those questions answered 1st.

msstate7
11-15-2018, 01:07 PM
This is an unofficial hes OV in December. If the staff decides they want him cool. He obviously has/had elite talent at 1 point & he's strictly depth next year. I just would like those questions answered 1st.

Can you work a kid out on a visit?

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 01:13 PM

He is 3rd on the team in yards but has the most carries. Longest run is 25 yards. There are very legit questions. Going by number on that team, the guy with the second most yards may be the best as far as yard per carry goes

msudawglb
11-15-2018, 01:29 PM
He looks pretty good to me! And yes, the OL is terrible.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AScuN

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 01:30 PM
The question with Walker is do we have room. I don't know if we do with who we've got left on the board.

fader2103
11-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Can you work a kid out on a visit?

No you cannot conduct workouts during a visit.
Well let me clarify... Coaches can not conduct workouts nor can they observe workouts. Sometimes "captains" will workout a prospect and judge how well they will fit.

msbulldog
11-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Well Huff recruited him when he was at Penn St., and obviously is familiar with his juco career and invited him, maybe Huff sees something we don't.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 01:44 PM
He is 3rd on the team in yards but has the most carries. Longest run is 25 yards. There are very legit questions. Going by number on that team, the guy with the second most yards may be the best as far as yard per carry goes

1st 2nd or 3rd.... the amount of difference in him and the leading rusher is exactly 32 yard.

Irondawg
11-15-2018, 02:16 PM
With Walker I think it's simple - if we have a spot come signing say you take him as a flier. If he doesn't work out he's easy to cut

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 02:21 PM
1st 2nd or 3rd.... the amount of difference in him and the leading rusher is exactly 32 yard.

With more carries than the other two. His numbers dropped a lot this second half and he didn’t play a couple of games it looks like. Injury? Other issues? I don’t know. Still a bunch of questions

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 02:35 PM
Well Huff recruited him when he was at Penn St., and obviously is familiar with his juco career and invited him, maybe Huff sees something we don't.

Keeping him warm in case things go all the way nuclear with RB recruiting is my guess.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2018, 02:41 PM
delete

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-15-2018, 02:45 PM
This weekend will tell me whether we are serious or not. If we keep his OV, then I take it we are serious. If he cancels his OV, then we learned what we wanted to know this weekend.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 02:49 PM
This weekend will tell me whether we are serious or not. If we keep his OV, then I take it we are serious. If he cancels his OV, then we learned what we wanted to know this weekend.

I think we still keep the OV on. If his offer is dependent on others we're not going to find out about the other guy(s) this weekend.

testuser
11-15-2018, 02:55 PM

You are kidding right. This board is full of talent evaluaters and coaches.

Leroy Jenkins
11-15-2018, 03:17 PM
Huff has said multiple times that the first quality he looks for in a back is speed, the second quality is speed, and the third quality is speed. I think he believes he can coach everything else.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-15-2018, 03:49 PM
I think we still keep the OV on. If his offer is dependent on others we're not going to find out about the other guy(s) this weekend.

good point. Do you think this scholly would be used better at another position of need?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 05:17 PM
good point. Do you think this scholly would be used better at another position of need?

Ehh if you have room to sign 2 RB with 1 being a juco I don't mind. As long as we sign a HS RB too I can be ok with this signing. I do have some questions though.

graddawg
11-15-2018, 05:31 PM
Walker who? Brandon?

ScottH
11-15-2018, 06:42 PM
Walker who? Brandon?

Sergeant Cordell Walker, Texas Ranger?

bulldawg28
11-15-2018, 07:32 PM
No you cannot conduct workouts during a visit.
Well let me clarify... Coaches can not conduct workouts nor can they observe workouts. Sometimes "captains" will workout a prospect and judge how well they will fit.

What are you talking about? I've never heard of or seen a workout during a visit. Furthermore a kid would be crazy to do so.

msbulldog
11-15-2018, 07:48 PM
What are you talking about? I've never heard of or seen a workout during a visit. Furthermore a kid would be crazy to do so.

Can't do a work-out on a visit, NCAA violation.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2018, 10:49 PM
Huff has said multiple times that the first quality he looks for in a back is speed, the second quality is speed, and the third quality is speed. I think he believes he can coach everything else.

Maybe just sign Witherspoon and if we miss move Marcus Murphy to RB. He can give us 5-7 carries per game. Or steal my man Dee Baker from USM. He can fly.

Todd4State
11-15-2018, 10:54 PM
I take him as a low risk high reward guy. If he's a bust well there were red flags. If we take him after no one else wants him and he thrives here- huge win for us.

bulldawg28
11-15-2018, 10:58 PM
Can't do a work-out on a visit, NCAA violation.

I know

preachermatt83
11-16-2018, 12:48 AM

Agree completely... also are u "Pnut" on "another page" ?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Agree completely... also are u "Pnut" on "another page" ?

Hahahha....a miraculous discovery!

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Speed is important. doesn't mean much if you have terrible vision.

Cowbell
11-16-2018, 03:47 PM

I wonder if he has changed his tune on this since facing a few SEC defenses. Speed alone wont get you very far in this league...

TrapGame
11-16-2018, 04:02 PM
I wonder if he has changed his tune on this since facing a few SEC defenses. Speed alone wont get you very far in this league...

He coached RBs at Vandy under Franklin. He's seen SEC defenses before.