PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas

msstate7
11-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Let me preface by saying I'm not really worried, and I expect us to win by a couple scores. With that said, 3 of ark's last 4 sec west games have been decided by 7 or less. Alabama destroyed them, but they did score 31 on bama. I really hope our guys come ready to play Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Agree. I'm more worried about us than Arkansas.

I don't think Arkansas can beat us but we can damn sure beat ourselves.

Fact is: we haven't played well vs them in the last few years following the Bama game. That needs to change.

Mudhole
11-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if they beat us 3-0

CadaverDawg
11-15-2018, 01:30 PM
No Win is guaranteed with the MoorPunt offensive scheme we're running this year

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 01:35 PM
LSU was up 24-3 before taking the foot off the gas.
Vandy beat them by 2 TDs.
Lost to a terrible OM team.

I don't see anything impressive there. I see 2-10 and no SEC wins.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2018, 03:30 PM
They have been beaten by two g-5 s.

NCDawg
11-15-2018, 03:37 PM
I remember the 2000 Arkansas game when all we had to do was beat them and a not very good Ole Miss team to win the SECW. Arkansas had many injuries and had been blown out by Tennessee the week before. We came in not ready to play and lost to both Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Covercorner2
11-15-2018, 03:45 PM
We are 21 point favorites.

DogsofAnarchy
11-15-2018, 07:49 PM
23-13 Arkansas wins.

99jc
11-15-2018, 07:55 PM
If we lose to the Hogs I am punching Hardhead in the throat. I think we win they are horrible.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 08:28 PM
23-13 Arkansas wins.

Wager?

Commercecomet24
11-15-2018, 08:59 PM
I'm not gonna predict a score but our defense is gonna come out and play pissed off and arky qb is gonna be running for his life all day. We win by 4 tds.

RezDog7
11-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Based on how we play at home vs on the road, I say we beat them by 4 td's. But the egg bowl worries me. It will be their bowl game and they play hard for Luke.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Based on how we play at home vs on the road, I say we beat them by 4 td's. But the egg bowl worries me. It will be their bowl game and they play hard for Luke.

OM hasn't won a SEC home game this year.

Sienfield
11-16-2018, 09:02 AM
OM hasn't won a SEC home game this year.

And we haven't won a SEC road game this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-16-2018, 09:32 AM
And we haven't won a SEC road game this year.

I'm aware

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2018, 09:52 AM
I remember the 2000 Arkansas game when all we had to do was beat them and a not very good Ole Miss team to win the SECW. Arkansas had many injuries and had been blown out by Tennessee the week before. We came in not ready to play and lost to both Arkansas and Ole Miss.

You're forgetting context, which is important. This was the game when the wheels fell off for JWS, imo. It was cold and sleeted most of that game. UPig beat us up, injuring several of our key players throughout the game. Seems like we had a couple of guys blow their ACL that day. It still took them OT to beat us. It was just a really bad day at the office. We lost to Northern Miss the next week because we were so beat up. We were never the same program after that game. We became soft. It took until Mullen for us to get back there.

cheewgumm
11-16-2018, 10:03 AM
Arkansas is garbage so we should win.

My question is do we win by
1) running the RBs
2) current offense

It?s going to be interesting.

Choosing #2 is taking a chance imo, so I?m anxious to see what the coaching stafff does.

Do they feel ?we have to win this game so we?re giving it to Hill to make sure?

or

Do they feel ?win, lose or draw we are instilling our offense which is more important.?

Cooterpoot
11-16-2018, 10:06 AM
If we lose to Arkansas, I'll be on the Jo sucks train.

WSOPdawg
11-16-2018, 10:08 AM

Don't sweat it Rez. Most on here have already chalked us up to finish 8-4 and quickly drown out any one trying to throw caution into the wind regarding the Egg Bowl.

After all, most seemed to think we've owned Ole Miss of late and we've never seen our more-talented teams come up on the short end of the score against these cheating bastards... oh wait, never mind...

Maroonthirteen
11-16-2018, 10:19 AM
You're forgetting context, which is important. This was the game when the wheels fell off for JWS, imo. It was cold and sleeted most of that game. UPig beat us up, injuring several of our key players throughout the game. Seems like we had a couple of guys blow their ACL that day. It still took them OT to beat us. It was just a really bad day at the office. We lost to Northern Miss the next week because we were so beat up. We were never the same program after that game. We became soft. It took until Mullen for us to get back there.

If I remember correctly, we had a chance to win it at the end of regulation. Dicenzo Miller had a long run. We were around their 20 middle of the field. We attempted a game winning FG. But the conditions were so bad, the snap and hold were bad and i don?t think the kick even got off.

RiverCityDawg
11-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Arkansas is garbage so we should win.

My question is do we win by
1) running the RBs
2) current offense

It?s going to be interesting.

Choosing #2 is taking a chance imo, so I?m anxious to see what the coaching stafff does.

Do they feel ?we have to win this game so we?re giving it to Hill to make sure?

or

Do they feel ?win, lose or draw we are instilling our offense which is more important.?

Not sure why that's a question for you at this point other than that's what you would do, I'm guessing... It's guaranteed to look like the offense against A&M, La Tech and ULL. You're setting yourself up for unnecessary disappointment to think it may be anything else. With that said, we'll score 35+ points and win comfortably.

RiverCityDawg
11-16-2018, 10:24 AM
If we lose to Arkansas, I'll be on the Jo sucks train.

Same

cheewgumm
11-16-2018, 10:32 AM
If you are on the Moorhead wagon now and you?re attitude is it takes time to set up your offense then why would losing either or both to Arkansas and Ole Miss matter to you?

How can your stance be that it takes time to instil the offense and we need to be patient EXCePT if he loses one more, then I?m out?

RiverCityDawg
11-16-2018, 10:49 AM
If you are on the Moorhead wagon now and you?re attitude is it takes time to set up your offense then why would losing either or both to Arkansas and Ole Miss matter to you?

How can your stance be that it takes time to instil the offense and we need to be patient EXCePT if he loses one more, then I?m out?

I don't believe that logic connects. I think his offense is instilled enough to beat bad teams like Arkansas and ole miss. If we lose to them it points to issues beyond the offense.

This year has been a failure because Moorhead wouldn't adapt to the personnel, but I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water at this point if he can get his offense going with people that can run his scheme. He's done it everywhere he's been so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. For now.

If we lose to Arkansas or ole miss it will be for a reason other than our offensive issues. We've shown an offense good enough to beat those teams. If it doesn't happen it's a deeper issue that might not be fixable.

cheewgumm
11-16-2018, 10:53 AM
I see that.

I don?t want to fire him. I agree that he hasn?t adapted his offense to personel and it?s been Terrible. It also makes me think we won?t be good in the future butyoure right he?s had success elsewhere so hopefully he can do it here.

He seems smart and like a good guy so I?d like him to succeed, but not getting the ball tonour playmakers has driven me Crazy.

StateDawg44
11-16-2018, 11:04 AM
I see that.

I don?t want to fire him. I agree that he hasn?t adapted his offense to personel and it?s been Terrible. It also makes me think we won?t be good in the future butyoure right he?s had success elsewhere so hopefully he can do it here.

He seems smart and like a good guy so I?d like him to succeed, but not getting the ball tonour playmakers has driven me Crazy.

It's driven everyone crazy. I can't imagine being a defensive player for MSU right now.

Do you not think he can succeed once he has the players he wants to run his system?

drunkernhelldawg
11-16-2018, 11:10 AM
I am concerned about the trap game thing. Also, they are obviously capable of scoring a lot of points.

cheewgumm
11-16-2018, 11:11 AM
I don?t know if he?ll be able to succeed.

My worry is that it?s a lot of individual things to depend on that have historically been hard for State to recruit consistently.

It seems like we need :

Better than avg OL
Better than avg QB
Better than avg WR

Also this positions have to compete against the strength of the SEC - dominant DLs and dominant DBs. This doesn?t seem like a recipe for success.

But I?m not any expert on that. It?s simply my simple fan point ov view. I also wasn?t
Here?s in 1941 so what do I know.

I assume RB is no long a priority so we do t have to worry about that. Also it should ease some stress about losing RB recruits. They don?t get the ball mich so don?t sweat it.

Cooterpoot
11-16-2018, 11:13 AM

I've never said it takes time to set up his offense. I said it takes better players and perhaps we need to make a couple staff changes. But if he loses the next two weeks, he might as well pack up because it's going to be as ugly as I've ever seen. It's already pretty bad, which is sad. 6/7 wins with this team would be completely unacceptable though when you lose to the two worst SEC teams in your division.

WPS
11-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Arkansas is 5-1 against the spread in the last 6 games. Granted, part of that might be because the spreads have been really high lol. But I think State wins by around 17.

was21
11-16-2018, 12:04 PM
That doesn't matter. If they're ready to play and we're not and/or screw around offensively, they win

Sacrifice
11-16-2018, 12:57 PM
I'm not gonna be able to handle a lost to Arkansas. I think my head may explode. I'm talking some straight up Scanners type $hit!

Political Hack
11-16-2018, 01:06 PM
We play Arkansas this week? Thought it was Bama again.

NCDawg
11-16-2018, 01:31 PM

No, I'm not forgetting the context. I agree this was the game where Sherrill's decline really started. I remember the cold day-in fact it was the coldest game I can remember, and probably then maddest I've ever been after a MS State game. Yes, we had a few guys hurt that game but Arkansas was more beat up than we were. As I recall they were down to their 3rd string QB and 3rd string RB. In fact, they were beaten so bad by Tennessee the previous week that they fired their DC before our game and hired a guy named Thompson, who used to be at USM. I recall them running through and over our defense. I knew we had lost the game when the FG was blocked at the end of regulation and we were forced into OT.

basedog
11-16-2018, 01:33 PM
We play Arkansas this week? Thought it was Bama again.

LOL +1

Are threats for real? Why so much negative what if, I'm happy we are 20+ favorite! Long as we win right now is what is important. Kinda like my sis n law, she would rather look good than feel good!

RougeDawg
11-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Agree. I'm more worried about us than Arkansas.

I don't think Arkansas can beat us but we can damn sure beat ourselves.

Fact is: we haven't played well vs them in the last few years following the Bama game. That needs to change.

Another fact is: SloMo isn?t job shopping this November like our previous coach did every November from 2012-2017.