PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Bryan sets official visit to MSU

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Name me a coach we have had that has pulled that off?

Give the man time.

He's coming this weekend

"I’ve had a lot of conversations (with Moorhead)," said Bryant. "Pretty much every week. We talk, me and him and the QB coach (Breiner). Pretty much checking in on me and making sure I’m getting everything situated for this visit."

Not only that... Look what is happening:

"And just what’s really been intriguing to me is that the players have been reaching out," added Bryant to Niebuhr. "And they just talk about how much they love playing for him. And what makes them different — everybody says it’s a family but hearing players say it before the coaches is something that’s drawing me there.

"Jamal Peters. He texts me, not blowing me up, but telling me a lot about what they have to offer there. It’s been there and UNC as well. Those players have been reaching out and I’ve been hanging out with some of the guys."

He is completing 66.5% of his passes.

msstate7
11-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Didn't cam newton OV?

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2018, 11:14 AM
He could be a great pull especially if KT and Mayden aren't ready next year. QB play is probably going to be the difference between 6-6 and 8-4.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2018, 11:15 AM
Didn't cam newton OV?

Well Cam did commit and wanted to sign, does that count? Hard to tell your dad no when he already accepted the cash.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Didn't cam newton OV?

Who?

TrapGame
11-15-2018, 11:19 AM
If we wind up with KB that will be a major coup. He's all but signed with CM and Arkansas according to the insiders.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2018, 11:19 AM
Let's just hope the nay saying *****s who are too lazy to get up and go to the game and the hunter who can't give up one hunting day of many show up and make a good impression on the guy.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2018, 11:24 AM
If we wind up with KB that will be a major coup. He's all but signed with CM and Arkansas according to the insiders.

Really? because I just heard a Clemson insider say on T&L Extra that NC was the favorite.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:25 AM

I 100% disagree with them. To me... UNC is in the drivers seat. We are #2

TrapGame
11-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Really? because I just heard a Clemson insider say on T&L Extra that NC was the favorite.

Then things have changed drastically in the last 72 hours. Which tells me he doesn't really know what he wants to do. It was Arkansas for a while.

3rdGen
11-15-2018, 11:38 AM
ARE YOU CAMMING ME? …… *****

I just cant believe that neither KT or Mayden(my guy!) have skills enough to run this offense but hey I am not the coach and don't get to see them practice.

I believe/hope Mayden could start for us if Master Shredder(Shraders new name) doesn't work out or if he ends up somewhere else.

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 11:38 AM

Arkansas is out of the running at this time. MO, UNC, Auburn and Us are the top 4. I would give MO the edge but some think it’s UNC. He still has visits to us this weekend and Auburn

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 11:44 AM
I think until he takes all of his visits its just a bunch of guessing & speculation.

BeastMan
11-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Guys, Kelly Bryant is good not great. Stop even mentioning Cam. If we sign Bryant that is an indictment on what we have and all it does is buy us a year. Scary thought. That said, I really really hope we sign KB because he’ll be the day 1 starter and really help MSU. Would be great for both parties. UNC is about to fire Fedora so they aren’t going to happen. Chad Morris recruited him in HS but never coached him. That certainly isn’t an insurmountable edge. If he makes it on campus for ov, I think we get him. And something needs to be said for what type of MSU guy Jamaal Peters has been. That guy has been all-in since he committed.

AROB44
Let's just hope the nay saying *****s who are too lazy to get up and go to the game and the hunter who can't give up one hunting day of many show up and make a good impression on the guy.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.

Cooterpoot
I can't see him at MO. I get that they throw the ball, but the real offensive genius left there two years ago. Once Lock is gone, they fall off IMO. Bryant or no Bryant. My money would be on AU. And theirs might be too.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Guys, Kelly Bryant is good not great. Stop even mentioning Cam. If we sign Bryant that is an indictment on what we have and all it does is buy us a year. Scary thought. That said, I really really hope we sign KB because he’ll be the day 1 starter and really help MSU. Would be great for both parties. UNC is about to fire Fedora so they aren’t going to happen. Chad Morris recruited him in HS but never coached him. That certainly isn’t an insurmountable edge. If he makes it on campus for ov, I think we get him. And something needs to be said for what type of MSU guy Jamaal Peters has been. That guy has been all-in since he committed.

I think it's only an indictment if you want to call it that is KT. I don't see how it could be bad on Mayden or Shrader. I'm sure JoeMo would prefer not to have to start a freshman.

Mudhole
11-15-2018, 11:54 AM
I think KT and Mayden were recruited to run Mullen's system. That may be the difference.

BeastMan
11-15-2018, 12:21 PM
I think it's only an indictment if you want to call it that is KT. I don't see how it could be bad on Mayden or Shrader. I'm sure JoeMo would prefer not to have to start a freshman.

Ya pretty much on KT but a little on Maiden too. A spring and a redshirt year where he got some snaps is enough time for JoMo to eval him. Shrader gets a pass since he’s not on campus.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Arkansas is out of the running at this time. MO, UNC, Auburn and Us are the top 4. I would give MO the edge but some think it’s UNC. He still has visits to us this weekend and Auburn

UNC based on his relationship with the players there. he's hanging out with them.

RiverCityDawg
11-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Ya pretty much on KT but a little on Maiden too. A spring and a redshirt year where he got some snaps is enough time for JoMo to eval him. Shrader gets a pass since he’s not on campus.

Maybe, but I'm sure Moorehead would rather go with a mature guy like KB that has lots of big game experience and has performed well over a redshirt freshman like Mayden that hasn't played more than 8 snaps. For example, Dak as a redshirt freshman was no where near ready to be a starter in the SEC. He obviously turned out great.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 12:49 PM
Ya pretty much on KT but a little on Maiden too. A spring and a redshirt year where he got some snaps is enough time for JoMo to eval him. Shrader gets a pass since he?s not on campus.

Yea we disagree. Mayden wasn't here this spring so he's only been seen pretty much on scout team. He may like his future & upside but doesn't think he's quite ready to be the man as a RS FR.

CadaverDawg
11-15-2018, 12:49 PM
The more potential playmakers the better I guess....but I'm not going to go all in on Bryant when he was surrounded with elite talent. But he'd still be a better passer than Fitz, so take him if possible. Give KT some running packages if he will stay. We have the talent next year to have a really solid season if we get even decent passing play out of our QB. Next year is big imo, bc if Moorhead doesn't build a gameplan featuring Hill and Guidry a lot, it's going to be tough for him to continue to get interest from 4-5 Star skill players. Gotta show them that they can excel in your offense. Same can be said for Bryant if he comes...that first batch of studs you coach in year 1&2 can really set the tone for how recruits see your program

msstate7
11-15-2018, 12:52 PM
The more potential playmakers the better I guess....but I'm not going to go all in on Bryant when he was surrounded with elite talent. But he'd still be a better passer than Fitz, so take him if possible. Give KT some running packages if he will stay. We have the talent next year to have a really solid season if we get even decent passing play out of our QB. Next year is big imo, bc if Moorhead doesn't build a gameplan featuring Hill and Guidry a lot, it's going to be tough for him to continue to get interest from 4-5 Star skill players. Gotta show them that they can excel in your offense. Same can be said for Bryant if he comes...that first batch of studs you coach in year 1&2 can really set the tone for how recruits see your program

Good point on key. Moorhead used Stevens at penn st in a running role. If we miss on KB, get fine, and tell key we're gonna break him in by using him in stevens' role

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 12:55 PM
UNC based on his relationship with the players there. he's hanging out with them.

Maybe. Our players have reached out as much if not more and UNC is the closest so that?s kind of a default. I think it?s all very close and he still has Miami and Auburn after us to visit. So it will change again I suspect.

msstate7
11-15-2018, 12:57 PM
Maybe. Our players have reached out as much if not more and UNC is the closest so that?s kind of a default. I think it?s all very close and he still has Miami and Auburn after us to visit. So it will change again I suspect.

Our players are reaching out? Boy, how does that affect key? Gotta figure he sees no future here at all

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Our players are reaching out? Boy, how does that affect key? Gotta figure he sees no future here at all

In his recent interview, he mentions Peters by name even. Texting every week

CadaverDawg
11-15-2018, 01:12 PM

Pretty sure Peters and Guidry among others have reached out to him. But let's be honest guys...Gus is in major need of something positive, so this has all the makings of a typical Auburn overpay for a transfer QB that will get them back in the good headlines during the off-season and take some heat off Gus. I fully expect him to ink with the Barn and be their next overhyped Stidham

BeastMan
11-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Yea we disagree. Mayden wasn't here this spring so he's only been seen pretty much on scout team. He may like his future & upside but doesn't think he's quite ready to be the man as a RS FR.

I thought he graduated early. Doesn’t change the fact that I think we have a good shot at KB. He’d be an upgrade and day 1 starter

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 01:22 PM
I thought he graduated early. Doesn’t change the fact that I think we have a good shot at KB. He’d be an upgrade and day 1 starter

We agree on that.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 01:50 PM
In his recent interview, he mentions Peters by name even. Texting every week

In the same interview he talks about uncertainty players talking to him and he is hanging out with them.

shoeless joe
11-15-2018, 01:51 PM

Some folks have different priorities and enjoy a long held tradition. Are they not allowed to be mad that this coach has waisted a team, especially a defense, with talent we haven't seen in 20 years because he couldn't make the obvious adjustments?

FWIW I'm not one of the ones missing to go hunting...but I do understand the motive behind it.

StarkVegasSteve
11-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Good point on key. Moorhead used Stevens at penn st in a running role. If we miss on KB, get fine, and tell key we're gonna break him in by using him in stevens' role

I just don't believe KT will accept that rule no matter if it's KB, Fine, or someone we don't know about yet. I have a feeling KT transfers at the end of the year regardless of any of it. Could be wrong, but that's just how I see it now.

msstate7
11-15-2018, 02:10 PM
I just don't believe KT will accept that rule no matter if it's KB, Fine, or someone we don't know about yet. I have a feeling KT transfers at the end of the year regardless of any of it. Could be wrong, but that's just how I see it now.

I would. I'd be calling Mullen, Malzahn, and Herman

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Some folks have different priorities and enjoy a long held tradition. Are they not allowed to be mad that this coach has waisted a team, especially a defense, with talent we haven't seen in 20 years because he couldn't make the obvious adjustments?

FWIW I'm not one of the ones missing to go hunting...but I do understand the motive behind it.

Is this team really that much more talented than the 2011 defense that won exactly 7 games including the bowl win?

Fletcher Cox
Benardrick McKinney
Darius Slay
Jon Banks
Deontae Skinner
Charles Mitchell
Cameron Lawrence
Kaleb Eulls
Dewayne Cherrington
Josh Boyd

Those are just the Junior and Seniors on defense in 2011. In that list you have Cox (top 3 DT in the NFL), Boyd (started almost every year in the NFL), McKinney (has led or was close to leading the Texans in tackles every year), Slay (top 3 corner in the NFL), Banks (Thorpe award winner and starter in the NFL for several years), Cam Lawrence (started on special teams and at LB due to injury his rookie year, had a career ending injury), Eulls (started a few games for the Saints), Skinner (started a few games for the Patriots)

So is this current talent on defense that we are losing this year REALLY once in a 20 years talent level?

Jack Lambert
11-15-2018, 02:19 PM

If hunting was one day and one day only I could understand but it isn't. Hell you can go to the game, get home in time to go hunting in a lot of cases.

shoeless joe
11-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Is this team really that much more talented than the 2011 defense that won exactly 7 games including the bowl win?

Fletcher Cox
Benardrick McKinney
Darius Slay
Jon Banks
Deontae Skinner
Charles Mitchell
Cameron Lawrence
Kaleb Eulls
Dewayne Cherrington
Josh Boyd

Those are just the Junior and Seniors on defense in 2011. In that list you have Cox (top 3 DT in the NFL), Boyd (started almost every year in the NFL), McKinney (has led or was close to leading the Texans in tackles every year), Slay (top 3 corner in the NFL), Banks (Thorpe award winner and starter in the NFL for several years), Cam Lawrence (started on special teams and at LB due to injury his rookie year, had a career ending injury), Eulls (started a few games for the Saints), Skinner (started a few games for the Patriots)

So is this current talent on defense that we are losing this year REALLY once in a 20 years talent level?

Yes it is. The only defense even close was 99. That team in 11 and even in 14 didn't have the depth and upper tier talent at all levels like this one has.

shoeless joe
11-15-2018, 03:23 PM
If hunting was one day and one day only I could understand but it isn't. Hell you can go to the game, get home in time to go hunting in a lot of cases.

Agreed.

But to someone who has grown up with this tradition in their family there really is nothing like opening day of deer season. Some folks will never understand that just like some folks would never understand getting all worked up over college kids playing a sport.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Agreed.

But to someone who has grown up with this tradition in their family there really is nothing like opening day of deer season. Some folks will never understand that just like some folks would never understand getting all worked up over college kids playing a sport.

Maybe we all should contact our representatives in Jackson and say to them fix that shit. Either make the opening day Friday or Sunday.

I also wonder if State vs Arkansas game was the for the SEC West Championship would they break their tradition for that?

Percho
11-15-2018, 04:08 PM
How about a coach being a teacher of his system and the kid being a student of the teacher? Do you have to be born natural to a system?

Methinks to Robin Hood every day was opening day.

Prediction? Pain.
11-15-2018, 04:47 PM

Fletcher Cox
Benardrick McKinney
Darius Slay
Jon Banks
Deontae Skinner
Charles Mitchell
Cameron Lawrence
Kaleb Eulls
Dewayne Cherrington
Josh Boyd

I agree with others that the the depth of this year's defense likely sets it apart from other recent good ones. But I don't think the 2011 or 2010 units were far off. If you go backward a year to 2010, remove Skinner, Eulls, Slay, McKinney, and Cherrington from your list and then add Pernell McPhee (solid DE in the NFL going on eight years now), K.J. Wright (one of the best LBs in the game in his prime, still rocking along in Seattle), Chris White (drafted by the Bills and played in 51 NFL games in the span of four seasons in the league), Nickoe Whitley (signed with the Browns as an undrafted FA, not sure how long he lasted), and Sean Ferguson (DE that played a at least a little with the Bills his first year out). Cox, Boyd, Mcphee, Wright, and White in the front seven were legit, as were Banks, Whitley, and Mitchell in the backfield.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2018, 05:03 PM
I agree with others that the the depth of this year's defense likely sets it apart from other recent good ones. But I don't think the 2011 or 2010 units were far off. If you go backward a year to 2010, remove Skinner, Eulls, Slay, McKinney, and Cherrington from your list and then add Pernell McPhee (solid DE in the NFL going on eight years now), K.J. Wright (one of the best LBs in the game in his prime, still rocking along in Seattle), Chris White (drafted by the Bills and played in 51 NFL games in the span of four seasons in the league), Nickoe Whitley (signed with the Browns as an undrafted FA, not sure how long he lasted), and Sean Ferguson (DE that played a at least a little with the Bills his first year out). Cox, Boyd, Mcphee, Wright, and White in the front seven were legit, as were Banks, Whitley, and Mitchell in the backfield.

This is a very talented and deep defense that has performed as well top to bottom as any defense we have ever had.

That being said, our scoring defense over the past 9 years has been consistently strong.
'10 - 19.8 (21st)
'11 - 19.1 (16th)
'12 - 23.3 (34th)
'13 - 23.0 (33rd)
'14 - 21.7 (23rd)
'15 - 23.2 (36th)
'16 - 31.8 (98th)
'17 - 20.9 (26th)
'18 - 13.5 (5th)

What that says to me is that we probably have a better chance of repeating the type of defense we have had the past 2 years. And that is with what - 7 different DCs. If we had had any continuity on defense over the past 8 years I think we could have consistently been a Top 15 scoring defense. If we keep Shoop, I would not at all be surprised to see that happen.

ScottH
11-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Kelly Bryant