PDA

View Full Version : Egg Bowl Deal

fader2103
11-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Buy 1 ticket for 45 dollars get one free.

What section is MSU fans in at VHS??

fader2103
11-15-2018, 09:04 AM
http://olemisssports.fan-one.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=f25addeb0a9bfa84c7

starkvegasdawg
11-15-2018, 09:06 AM

By the third quarter the entire stadium.

bulldawg28
11-15-2018, 09:27 AM
By the third quarter the entire stadium.

Well played

Dawgbite
11-15-2018, 10:28 AM
I was offered free tickets, will not ever set foot in that stadium for another egg bowl. It's not healthy to hate other human beings as much as I have in the past times I have attended the Egg Bowl in Oxford.

timotheus
11-15-2018, 11:08 AM
we are in sec Q row 39

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2018, 11:18 AM
I was offered free tickets, will not ever set foot in that stadium for another egg bowl. It's not healthy to hate other human beings as much as I have in the past times I have attended the Egg Bowl in Oxford.

We feel the same way. The last time we went, my wife had coke poured on her when we were under the stands. It could have been an accident but who knows. I have seen whiskey bottles get thrown into the visitors section. I don't need to deal with that kind of crap at a football game.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2018, 11:24 AM
The last game I went to there was the "Stand" game. The way I was treated as we were leaving made sure I never went back. I've been back to that stadium once since, for the high school State Championships.

SailingDawg
11-15-2018, 11:39 AM
Only time I went we were in the end zone (years ago, metal stands) with barely enough room to fit everyone who had a ticket on a row. I'm fairly thin but there was a bigger student next to me and on the end of the (front) row. Every time OM did anything this little professor came running down the stairs from way up to yell and shake his pom pom. A couple of times he ran into the student sitting next to me, so the next time the student timed his rising from his seat with the professor trying to run past our row and the little guy went flying! He came back at us yelling so we called security, who told him to remain in his seat.

This was the early 90s and a guaranteed MSU victory occurred. It's just funny how they act like they're such an important and serious team to cheer for. Can't imagine I'll go back.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
11-15-2018, 12:35 PM
My daughter went to ole miss and in 1995. She and 3 other girls went to the egg bowl. She had a KD sticker ad ole miss sticker on her back windshield. Her car was keyed so bad that it had to be completely repainted. Her back windshield was spray painter over the ole miss symbol with the words sux written over it So I guess things happen on all campuses . Needless to say those 4 girls have never returned either.

Howboutdemdogs
11-15-2018, 12:51 PM
I have not been back to that campus since the mid 80's when I was in college. Now, it has become so toxic that I really fear what their crazy fans would do. I honestly believe that it is not safe to go there as a State fan.

Bubb Rubb
11-15-2018, 12:58 PM

Awww, precious.

Never, ever be afraid to roll into oxford in your maroon.

Dawgbite
11-15-2018, 04:08 PM
Awww, precious.

Never, ever be afraid to roll into oxford in your maroon.

Go to Oxford 6-8 times a year and never fail to wear maroon. Wife has several work related social functions on the square every year. We usually make the baseball series if we play in Oxford and usually go watch the ladies play basketball and never have an issue. Have friends who live in Oxford and go out to dinner with them several times per year. The Grove becomes next level toxic for the Egg Bowl.

Ari Gold
11-15-2018, 08:25 PM
**** that place...

RocketDawg
11-15-2018, 08:28 PM
The last game I went to there was the "Stand" game. The way I was treated as we were leaving made sure I never went back. I've been back to that stadium once since, for the high school State Championships.

I've been there twice, both for MSU games: once in the '70s, and again when Eli was playing. There were no problems either time.

RocketDawg
11-15-2018, 08:29 PM

Are you sure they're not $45 each (half price)?

Goldendawg
11-15-2018, 08:45 PM

My last visit there I was pulled out of line (heavily dressed in State gear) and patted down by a "rent a cop" who just knew I had a cowbell. Will never go back!

Coursesuper
11-15-2018, 09:13 PM
So are they going to name the land shark BOGO now? It's kinda catchy, BOGO the Landshark is here kids.

LC Dawg
11-15-2018, 09:48 PM
Until 2014 I had not seen Mississippi State lose in Oxford in 3 previous visits. Thanks a lot Geoff Collins.
Never really had any problems. I've always just arrived right before kickoff and went straight back to the car after the game.
The BOGO deal has really embarrassed some of the Rebels I know. Bjork must have some compromising pictures of their biggest boosters.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-16-2018, 06:34 AM
My daughter went to ole miss and in 1995. She and 3 other girls went to the egg bowl. She had a KD sticker ad ole miss sticker on her back windshield. Her car was keyed so bad that it had to be completely repainted. Her back windshield was spray painter over the ole miss symbol with the words sux written over it So I guess things happen on all campuses . Needless to say those 4 girls have never returned either.

Edited. Nevermind. Life is too short.

State82
11-16-2018, 02:44 PM
**** that place...

This

Tbonewannabe
11-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Are you sure they're not $45 each (half price)?

Nope, the marketing piece I have seen is for $45 you get 2 tickets. They are trying to say it is to bring someone new to UM to become a fan. Because apparently "They are all Family". Does those douchebags come up with any original marketing?

yjnkdawg
11-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Nope, the marketing piece I have seen is for $45 you get 2 tickets. They are trying to say it is to bring someone new to UM to become a fan. Because apparently "They are all Family". Does those douchebags come up with any original marketing?

LOL They are just trying to get the stadium as full as possible for the national TV broadcast.

Political Hack
11-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Had whiskey bottles thrown at me just for yelling "Go To Hell Ole Miss" in the middle of their student section. They're an angry bunch. I don't plan to ever attend another Egg Bowl there.

yjnkdawg
11-16-2018, 03:22 PM
We feel the same way. The last time we went, my wife had coke poured on her when we were under the stands. It could have been an accident but who knows. I have seen whiskey bottles get thrown into the visitors section. I don't need to deal with that kind of crap at a football game.

One fan base that will put the OM fans, who act like that (or pretty much any OM fan) in their rightful place, is when OM plays LSU in Tiger Stadium. That bunch hates OM.

yjnkdawg
11-16-2018, 03:28 PM
I actually stayed in Oxford at the Ramada for about a month many years ago when I was involved in some work in Holly Springs, and I had my License Tag, "Misiisissippi State University The University of Mississippi" on my car, and some how my car survived. I was braver back then. I wish I still had that tag.

Matty Dispatch
11-16-2018, 03:33 PM

that's what I thought too, but I entered it in just to see and two tickets cost $90 + $6 in fees = $96

Tbonewannabe
11-16-2018, 03:35 PM
that's what I thought too, but I entered it in just to see and two tickets cost $90 + $6 in fees = $96

Doesn't surprise me that their marketing would mislead the consumer. They lie and cheat about everything else, just seems par for the course.

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2018, 03:38 PM

Just like their women.

GoDawgz
11-16-2018, 03:42 PM
I will never go back to that place!

wild_dawg
11-16-2018, 07:39 PM
I was spit on leaving the stadium in 2014, hope we run it up on those 17's this year. Ill be there for it this year and hope we show no mercy.

RocketDawg
11-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Had whiskey bottles thrown at me just for yelling "Go To Hell Ole Miss" in the middle of their student section. They're an angry bunch. I don't plan to ever attend another Egg Bowl there.

I'll bet if an OM fan sat in our student section and yelled "Go to hell State" he'd get the same treatment.

RocketDawg
11-16-2018, 07:51 PM
One fan base that will put the OM fans, who act like that (or pretty much any OM fan) in their rightful place, is when OM plays LSU in Tiger Stadium. That bunch hates OM.

Real Rivals.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2018, 12:37 PM
I needed three but I had to buy four. I think they should have been more up front with the advertising. It should have said all avavialbe seats at 45.00 each. Must buy in increments of two's. Still a good deal and you almost never can buy three from third party sites and they charge high fees. So I guess I am good with what I paid.

TUSK
11-19-2018, 02:27 PM
Wait a minute... EGG Bowl tickets are $45-$50 per?

starkvegasdawg
11-19-2018, 02:37 PM
I'll bet if an OM fan sat in our student section and yelled "Go to hell State" he'd get the same treatment.

Saw one back when I was in high school sneak into our student section and start waving a confederate flag. He made two waves and the flag went down and it looked like a school of piranha converging on a piece of raw meat. He left in an ambulance.