PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Shrader SR Highlight Film

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 07:58 AM
Wow!!! I know it's a highlight film, which makes it difficult, but wow. IMO he looks like a bigger, white version of Kyler Murray in high school.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5557872/5becd95232dc500ee4cfe59a

- Fitz's size but twitched out of his ass with little man burst and agility in a 6'5 frame. World class athlete. Faster and quicker than Fitz.

- Average arm strength but appears to throw a softer, more catchable ball than Fitz.

- Arm action actually looks a little like Kapernick to me.

Super impressive film IMO. Not a great thrower but an absolute world class athlete with throwing ability. Very similar looking skill set to Kyler Murray in high school but in different packaging. Kyler's biggest asset though, other than his athleticism and accuracy, were his instincts and the ease at which the game came to him: both of which are impossible to see on this video.

gravedigger
11-15-2018, 08:33 AM
Wow!!! I know it's a highlight film, which makes it difficult, but wow. IMO he looks like a bigger, white version of Kyler Murray in high school.

- Fitz's size but twitched out of his ass with little man burst and agility in a 6'5 frame. World class athlete. Faster and quicker than Fitz.

- Average arm strength but appears to throw a softer, more catchable ball than Fitz.

Super impressive film IMO. Not a great thrower but an absolute world class athlete with throwing ability. Very similar looking skill set to Kyler Murray in high school but in different packaging. Kyler's biggest asset though, other than his athleticism and accuracy, were his instincts and the ease at which the game came to him: both of which are impossible to see on this video.

Nice footwork and that is the offense Joe runs. He will have to let go of that propensity to try to out athlete the defensive rush as the SEC DL's will tear him up, but I could see a kid like that winning the job pretty early. Not saying he would start day one, but he would have a tremendous head start on our current qb's with his understanding of how the offense works.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2018, 08:46 AM
The only concerning thing to me is what type of competition is there in NCISSA? Private schools playing in private school leagues always make me wonder a bit. I would feel better if they were a private school playing in the public school league - but maybe that is just my experience in Georgia high school football showing. In GA, many of the larger private schools like Westminster and Marist in Atlanta and Benedictine in Savannah play in the public school leagues.

That being said - Steph and Seth Curry went to that high school, so it can't be bad.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 08:53 AM
The only concerning thing to me is what type of competition is there in NCISSA? Private schools playing in private school leagues always make me wonder a bit. I would feel better if they were a private school playing in the public school league - but maybe that is just my experience in Georgia high school football showing. In GA, many of the larger private schools like Westminster and Marist in Atlanta and Benedictine in Savannah play in the public school leagues.

That being said - Steph and Seth Curry went to that high school, so it can't be bad.

The competition is meaningless. Absolutely meaningless.

All these guys play against crappy high school players

hacker
11-15-2018, 09:07 AM

I think it's worth noting that he had shoulder surgery and is still working on getting his arm back to 100%.

chef dixon
11-15-2018, 09:10 AM
He is making throws that we have not been able to make this year. Not saying it is anything overly impressive, but it is a start.

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 09:20 AM
Film looks good. You can see his arm strength is not all the way back from injury. His release is quick but the motion is still long. That needs to shorten up and will be corrected. He has a ton of ability and will be very good in time. The film also reaffirms that he will redshirt next year. He will need at least a year.

bulldawg28
11-15-2018, 09:26 AM

You serious? Competition is everything.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2018, 09:30 AM

I can't tell if you are being serious or not on this one Gun.

In terms of preparation for the next step it means a lot. The stronger the HS competition a player faces, the more prepared they are for the adjustments that have to be made at the next level.
I've watched it with our own local program. We play in 5A only have 5 teams total in our region, leaving 5 games on the schedule to be filled. Our coach has shifted those games from weak, local 3A and 4A teams in those games to playing 5-6A Atlanta area schools or top level out-of state teams from Charleston or North Florida. It prepares the team better for what they will face in the state playoffs.

RiverCityDawg
11-15-2018, 09:34 AM

He tested very well at camp here. Ran like a 4.51. Obviously not as heavy as Fitz but quicker and faster. He weighs 208 now so probably need to pack on around 15 pounds or so to take the hits in the SEC.

At the end is the day, he has the tools it's just a matter of whether he can run the RPO's with the level of quickness and precision required to be successful in this league. That'll be the deal with every QB under Moorhead from here on out, because if we've learned anything it's that we're now ride or die with RPO's.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2018, 09:35 AM

hahahahhahahahahaha...omg. You are surely not serious.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 09:44 AM
He tested very well at camp here. Ran like a 4.51. Obviously not as heavy as Fitz but quicker and faster. He weighs 208 now so probably need to pack on around 15 pounds or so to take the hits in the SEC.

At the end is the day, he has the tools it's just a matter of whether he can run the RPO's with the level of quickness and precision required to be successful in this league. That'll be the deal with every QB under Moorhead from here on out, because if we've learned anything it's that we're now ride or die with RPO's.

Good thing is he's run a lot of it in HS so it's not foreign to him.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 09:45 AM
Film looks good. You can see his arm strength is not all the way back from injury. His release is quick but the motion is still long. That needs to shorten up and will be corrected. He has a ton of ability and will be very good in time. The film also reaffirms that he will redshirt next year. He will need at least a year.

I agree he Red shirts, but what did you see that "affirms he will red shirt"?

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 09:47 AM
hahahahhahahahahaha...omg. You are surely not serious.

You have just solidified your spot on the mantle of having no idea what you're looking at.

This board is full of excellent posters, but your comment here has made it clear that you belong nowhere in that group.

gravedigger
11-15-2018, 09:50 AM
You have just solidified your spot on the mantle of having no idea what you're looking at.

This board is full of excellent posters, but your comment here has made it clear that you belong nowhere in that group.

He?s not on the mantle.....he and 99jc are the mantle

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 09:50 AM
You serious? Competition is everything.

Sure, when it's college or NFL players. 99% of high school players suck. The competition he's facing in this video is meaningless to the evaluation unless it was full of SEC caliber players.

In this circumstance, the completion absolutely meaningless. People that include that in their process of evaluating high school players are absolutely clueless on what they are looking at. Every high school player faces bad players on the other side.

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 10:00 AM
I agree he Red shirts, but what did you see that "affirms he will red shirt"?

Multiple things really. First his shoulder is getting better but he is not ahead of schedule either, from all reports and the film. You want to be careful and not rush him. He also needs mechanical adjustments to his throwing and you figure it may take a year to get it on the proper path. Does the shoulder injury slow that process down? He may get it quicker but most guys take a year. Those are on top of the normal transitioning to this league, weight room, dealing with college as a freshman.

YoungB
11-15-2018, 10:01 AM

Box scores https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/15312/Charlotte-Christian-Varsity-Football/schedule

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 10:03 AM
He's got some work to do. Arm strength being #1. Part of why we're recruiting a transfer QB.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 10:12 AM
He's got some work to do. Arm strength being #1. Part of why we're recruiting a transfer QB.

Have you seen him live?

Where did you see a lack of arm strength in the film?

I'm not picking on you or anyone else. I just think many times these types of things become an echo chamber of people just regurgitating what they heard someone else say instead of actually watching the film themselves & making their own judgement.

So, when I hear the echo chamber of generic opinions that maybe they heard someone mention after Summer camp, I am just curious what people actually see on THIS film that says he lacks arm strength?

I can't stand echo chambers

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 10:16 AM
That whole film showed lack of arm strength. Lot of air time under those passes. And like others have said, his release is slow and motion a little long. I can tell you with 100% certainty, he's redshirting next year. And don't mistake what I'm saying for saying he's not good. He's good. Just has to fix some things and hit the weights. Listen to Clark. He knows what he's talking about.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 10:21 AM
That whole film showed lack of arm strength. Lot of air time under those passes. And like others have said, his release is slow and motion a little long. I can tell you with 100% certainty, he's redshirting next year. And don't mistake what I'm saying for saying he's not good. He's good. Just has to fix some things and hit the weights. Listen to Clark. He knows what he's talking about.

I just didn't seeing the lack of arm strength you're talking about. Not saying he has a rocket but neither do Murray or Tua.

mparkerfd20
11-15-2018, 10:24 AM
He doesn't check around much and stares down receivers. He missed some much more open targets a few times. He is very elusive tho and has good footwork. He won't be ready to step in next year by ANY stretch of the imagination, but will be a good one in the future after a year or 2 in the program.

msstate7
11-15-2018, 10:25 AM
I just didn't seeing the lack of arm strength you're talking about. Not saying he has a rocket but neither do Murray or Tua.

Murray and Tua throw to the some of the best of the best WRs/TE. Big windows allow for lesser arm strength. I'm not saying shrader doesn't have arm strength or won't work out... I have no idea, but I do like him, a lot

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 10:27 AM
Murray and Tua throw to the some of the best of the best WRs/TE. Big windows allow for lesser arm strength. I'm not saying shrader doesn't have arm strength or won't work out... I have no idea, but I do like him, a lot

Yeah. I get it.

I just think some here are just echoing what they've heard others say instead of actually watching the video. I bet some that said he lacks arm strength haven't even clicked play on the video

Mudhole
11-15-2018, 10:28 AM
He looks very accurate. I'd like to have some of those receivers too

Gutter Cobreh
11-15-2018, 10:31 AM

I'm with you here, as I see a kid that can throw with touch on the ball. Please remember that we have fans that judge a QB's arm strength by watching Fitz. While Fitz has a big arm, he rarely throws with touch. He has placed some balls this year better than I remember him doing last year though. None of Shrader's throws give me pause about his arm.

My only concern with these tapes are that every QB in the country has one. Pardon me for not getting excited, as I'm sure if you compared Key's and Maden's tape it would look the same - yet somehow they lack the ability to be the starter for us.

What the tapes don't show is what is between the ears. Tell me what he scored on his ACT/SAT and then I'll get excited. Otherwise, meh!

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 10:35 AM
I'm with you here, as I see a kid that can throw with touch on the ball. Please remember that we have fans that judge a QB's arm strength by watching Fitz. While Fitz has a big arm, he rarely throws with touch. He has placed some balls this year better than I remember him doing last year though. None of Shrader's throws give me pause about his arm.

My only concern with these tapes are that every QB in the country has one. Pardon me for not getting excited, as I'm sure if you compared Key's and Maden's tape it would look the same - yet somehow they lack the ability to be the starter for us.

What the tapes don't show is what is between the ears. Tell me what he scored on his ACT/SAT and then I'll get excited. Otherwise, meh!

You're right in that these tapes always look good.

I think it's really difficult to evaluate QBs off a highlight tape & that's why I'm not going to make any proclamations about this kid from a future standpoint. Particularly you can't see what is between the ears.

That being said, regardless of what you can't see in this video, I believe you can definitely see the following:

1. He's a special athlete. it doesn't take special evaluation ability to see that he's big, has excellent first step burst, & has outstanding twitch & life in his body.
2. He has touch. What some are saying is a lack of arm strength, I see as touch.
3. He has enough arm arm strength to get the ball where it needs to go.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2018, 10:53 AM
Sure, when it's college or NFL players. 99% of high school players suck. The competition he's facing in this video is meaningless to the evaluation unless it was full of SEC caliber players.

In this circumstance, the completion absolutely meaningless. People that include that in their process of evaluating high school players are absolutely clueless on what they are looking at. Every high school player faces bad players on the other side.

I'm not talking about it in terms of evaluating his talent. The talent is there in the highlights. I'm talking about it in terms of facing adversity and grooming some of the intangibles. If all you ever face is inferior talent, and your abilities aren't challenged, you have a harder time adjusting when you are put in adverse conditions. It's like when you talk about "adjusting to the speed of the SEC". If you have faced a schedule that puts you against teams with kids who will play at the next level, you will have an easier time adjusting to game speed at the next level. If you are playing a schedule that allows you to blow every team out, never have to escape blitzes, never, have to run a 2:00 drill, your adjustment period at the next level could be longer and harder. And, in places like Charlotte and Atlanta that are talent hot-beds, if you playing against tougher competition you will be playing against a lot guys you will see at the next level, so wanting to know about the level of competition is a legit question.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 10:53 AM
The kid is good. There's no debate there. He needs to redshirt to get completely healthy and stronger. He also will need time with the offense, because we've seen how tough it is to figure out under game speed.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 11:00 AM
The kid is good. There's no debate there. He needs to redshirt to get completely healthy and stronger. He also will need time with the offense, because we've seen how tough it is to figure out under game speed.

I do think he will RS. Both to get stronger & also clean up mechanical issues. The offense shouldn't be as difficult to pick as other QB's because he's run plenty RPO in HS so that's a plus. He's around 210lbs now next year he'll be 225lbs with a tighter release, more confidence, & a better knowledge of the offense. 2020 is when he will really challenge imo. Whatever he does this year is just seasoning. I am glad he'll be able to get here in the spring. If we do get Kelly Bryant or another grad transfer I think a good unintended circumstance will be Shrader having a seasoned QB to watch Work & go through a year of SEC football.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Here's video of the kid we're recruiting for 2021. He's got a lot to work on too but the talent is obvious. Of course, he's a 10th grader, so he's got time. Not the runner Shrader is.
Going to watch him tomorrow. Haven't seen him since the first of the year, so will be interested to see what he's done. Great deep ball guy. I trust Jo on what he wants in a QB.

9th grade video-one game-https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9934261/5a248dbb7bd2b70e085fa582

10th grade video- partial season-https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9934261/5bd5fd4a64df560cc87387b0

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Here's video of the kid we're recruiting for 2021. He's got a lot to work on too but the talent is obvious. Of course, he's a 10th grader, so he's got time. Not the runner Shrader is.
Going to watch him tomorrow. Haven't seen him since the first of the year, so will be interested to see what he's done. Great deep ball guy. I trust Jo on what he wants in a QB.

9th grade video-one game-https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9934261/5a248dbb7bd2b70e085fa582

10th grade video- partial season-https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9934261/5bd5fd4a64df560cc87387b0

The links didn't embed.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Have you seen him live?

Where did you see a lack of arm strength in the film?

I'm not picking on you or anyone else. I just think many times these types of things become an echo chamber of people just regurgitating what they heard someone else say instead of actually watching the film themselves & making their own judgement.

So, when I hear the echo chamber of generic opinions that maybe they heard someone mention after Summer camp, I am just curious what people actually see on THIS film that says he lacks arm strength?

I can't stand echo chambers

His arm strength is fine. He will get the starting call if we do not get a transfer.

On this film as with his JR film:

1- Checks down.
2- Fast decision.
3- Burst of speed.
4- High FB IQ.
5- Runs RPO.

If he is not the starter I will be very shocked!

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:09 AM

You are saying he needs 2 years, and what would equal to 3 years to have healed. His arm strength is fine. Will he get stronger.... sur.

He already runs this type of offense. The adjustment will be to the speed. He will get that through spring and summer.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 11:10 AM
I'm not talking about it in terms of evaluating his talent. The talent is there in the highlights. I'm talking about it in terms of facing adversity and grooming some of the intangibles. If all you ever face is inferior talent, and your abilities aren't challenged, you have a harder time adjusting when you are put in adverse conditions. It's like when you talk about "adjusting to the speed of the SEC". If you have faced a schedule that puts you against teams with kids who will play at the next level, you will have an easier time adjusting to game speed at the next level. If you are playing a schedule that allows you to blow every team out, never have to escape blitzes, never, have to run a 2:00 drill, your adjustment period at the next level could be longer and harder. And, in places like Charlotte and Atlanta that are talent hot-beds, if you playing against tougher competition you will be playing against a lot guys you will see at the next level, so wanting to know about the level of competition is a legit question.

Gotcha. I could argue that is most SEC caliber HS QBs. You think Trevor Lawrence & Jake Fromm faced a ton of adversity in their high school careers?

I think this part is overrated personally I just comes with maturity

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 11:10 AM
You are saying he needs 2 years, and what would equal to 3 years to have healed. His arm strength is fine. Will he get stronger.... sur.

He already runs this type of offense. The adjustment will be to the speed. He will get that through spring and summer.

No, I'm saying he needs a redshirt year. The only thing that might change that is if KT transfers and we don't get Bryant or another transfer.

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:17 AM
No, I'm saying he needs a redshirt year. The only thing that might change that is if KT transfers and we don't get Bryant or another transfer.

Dude, Thompson will NOT be the starter next year. I don't care if we don't get a transfer... Mayden will surpass him.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 11:17 AM

Why would KT Transfer if we don't get Bryant or another transfer?

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Why would KT Transfer if we don't get Bryant or another transfer?

I don't think he does. But 007 is acting like we're going to play Shrader more than the 4 games and we're not. Only way is if we lose a QB and can't find one and only have 2 on the team (other than the walkons). Look, if any of you think we're playing Shrader, I'm sorry. We aren't recruiting Bryant to ride the pine.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 11:22 AM
Dude, Thompson will NOT be the starter next year. I don't care if we don't get a transfer... Mayden will surpass him.

Did 17ing say he was starting? Nope

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:30 AM
I don't think he does. But 007 is acting like we're going to play Shrader more than the 4 games and we're not. Only way is if we lose a QB and can't find one and only have 2 on the team (other than the walkons). Look, if any of you think we're playing Shrader, I'm sorry. We aren't recruiting Bryant to ride the pine.

You just saw JoMo use put a sr on the bench. Moved him to the 3rd rotation. You actually think this guy is not going to play the person he thinks can run his system the best?

Come on...

Coach007
11-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Did 17ing say he was starting? Nope

This kid is better now than KT is after being in our program for 3 years.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 11:37 AM

You obviously haven't seen me talking about KT. I've never said KT is starting. But we've got to have depth. If he were to leave, and we aren't able to pull a good transfer, we've got nothing but Mayden and Shrader. That would be really bad.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2018, 11:40 AM

Ahhh I am not on the list of excellent posters???? Fiddlesticks...guess what I am not commenting on here to reach some "status" and be what YOU see as excellent. I comment what I feel and look at things objectively, from all angles. I guess if I pumped sunshine on here and never took off my maroon glasses I would be near the top huh?

You saying that competition is meaningless when evaluating hs players puts you on a level with others who say that completion % doesn't matter when evaluating QBs. It is among the most stupid things I have read on this site.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Gotcha. I could argue that is most SEC caliber HS QBs. You think Trevor Lawrence & Jake Fromm faced a ton of adversity in their high school careers?

I think this part is overrated personally I just comes with maturity

Fromm was at least challenged by his competition. His first 3 seasons Houston County played in a tough region with Warner Robbins, Northside-Warner Robbins, and Lakeside among others. Northside won the state title his Sophomore year. His Junior year, they lost in the State semi-Finals to State Champ Allatoona. For his Senior year in 2016, they get moved to re-aligned region, that may be one of the toughest in Georgia - with Valdosta (24 State Titles - including 2016), Lee County (2017 State Title), Northside-Warner Robins (3 Titles since '06 - including 2014), and Coffee County (2015 Region Champ over my Glynn Academy Red Terrors). Fromm was AJC Offensive POY his Senior year and placed last in that region.

Do you think facing that level of competition prepared him mentally to make the leap from High School to SEC starter in his 2nd game better or worse?

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Ahhh I am not on the list of excellent posters?

No your not.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Fromm was at least challenged by his competition. His first 3 seasons Houston County played in a tough region with Warner Robbins, Northside-Warner Robbins, and Lakeside among others. Northside won the state title his Sophomore year. His Junior year, they lost in the State semi-Finals to State Champ Allatoona. For his Senior year in 2016, they get moved to re-aligned region, that may be one of the toughest in Georgia - with Valdosta (24 State Titles - including 2016), Lee County (2017 State Title), Northside-Warner Robins (3 Titles since '06 - including 2014), and Coffee County (2015 Region Champ over my Glynn Academy Red Terrors). Fromm was AJC Offensive POY his Senior year and placed last in that region.

Do you think facing that level of competition prepared him mentally to make the leap from High School to SEC starter in his 2nd game better or worse?

I really don't think the competition he faced in HS had to much to do with him starting at UGA quickly.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 11:51 AM
Competition helps but the top guys are facing great competition in 7v7 now. They're seeing it regardless of what they see in HS.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 12:01 PM
Competition helps but the top guys are facing great competition in 7v7 now. They're seeing it regardless of what they see in HS.

High school football is bad.

It's bad everywhere. There are just non-college level players on the field & football isn't a one on one sport.

College coaches could care less about the competition you face. It's about ability level

DogsofAnarchy
11-15-2018, 12:09 PM

You’re completely mistaken. Competition matters.

DogsofAnarchy
11-15-2018, 12:12 PM
High school football is bad.

It's bad everywhere. There are just non-college level players on the field & football isn't a one on one sport.

College coaches could care less about the competition you face. It's about ability level

Bullshit!!! Coaches can’t tell you’re ability level all the way until you compete against athletes that are as good or better than you are. It’s called the learning curve and the speed of the game. Speed of feet and speed of mind. Shit....

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 12:13 PM
You’re completely mistaken. Competition matters.

Not in the evaluation process. Particularly when you're watching a video in which you have no idea what the talent level on the field is.

Agree that competition matters in development, but people were calling into question the talent of his league when watching and attempting to evaluate Shrader in the video. In that context, it's useless.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Bullshit!!! Coaches can’t tell you’re ability level all the way until you compete against athletes that are as good or better than you are. It’s called the learning curve and the speed of the game. Speed of feet and speed of mind. Shit....

Again, in the context of people trying to evaluate THIS video, the competition he is facing is useless information

DogsofAnarchy
11-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Again, in the context of people trying to evaluate THIS video, the competition he is facing is useless information

Ok

OneArmSteve
11-15-2018, 01:06 PM

This highlight video shows that he had to escape plenty of pressure from defenses. He should transition seamlessly to playing for State.

BankerDog
11-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Ryan Buchanan,Blake Barnett, Ricky Towns, etc say competition matters. Those guys looked like world beaters in HS and what did they do in college?

The level of competition matters when it comes to evaluations, period which is why you see so many coaches preach about summer camps and evaluating.

bulldawg28
11-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Is he an early enrollee?

Cooterpoot
11-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Ryan Buchanan,Blake Barnett, Ricky Towns, etc say competition matters. Those guys looked like world beaters in HS and what did they do in college?

The level of competition matters when it comes to evaluations, period which is why you see so many coaches preach about summer camps and evaluating.

Who you play in HS doesn't matter if you're competing in 7v7 against high end competition. The best QBs to come out of MS were from the Kiln, Mt. Olive, & Taylorsville. HS competition didn't make those guys great and they didn't even have 7v7 like today. Manning was from Drew as well if you want to include him.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-15-2018, 03:17 PM
Is he an early enrollee?

Yea

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Who you play in HS doesn't matter if you're competing in 7v7 against high end competition. The best QBs to come out of MS were from the Kiln, Mt. Olive, & Taylorsville. HS competition didn't make those guys great and they didn't even have 7v7 like today. Manning was from Drew as well if you want to include him.

What are you talking about? My Olive played power Mize every year. They were both equal 6A ball today.***. To be fair to Brett though while from Kiln his high school competition was a little better than Mt Olive and TVille’s. Of course it didn’t matter since they ran triple option

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 03:52 PM

No. All those guys were slow twitch, below average athletes.

I can't help it if the recruiting services don't know what to look for.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Some of you guys are a golf ball in high grass

Stop looking for competition and stats to lead you to a conclusion. Those things can help, but watch the damn player. Watch his feet, first step, the life in his body, arm speed, strength, burst, flexibility, etc. Watch his traits and then compare them to other players you have seen in the past.

Compare Shrader's traits to Fitz's traits. Tua's traits, Hurts traits, Dak's traits, etc. it doesn't matter who he is playing against to do that. Watch the damn player.

All of you on this board have watched a ton of football in your life. Take you instincts for the game and compare Shrader's traits to those of past players you have seen.

Got it?

Ezsoil
11-15-2018, 06:54 PM
I think it's worth noting that he had shoulder surgery and is still working on getting his arm back to 100%.

I guess that explains why he has a bit of a wind up vs a quick release

Coursesuper
11-15-2018, 09:10 PM
What are you talking about? My Olive played power Mize every year. They were both equal 6A ball today.***. To be fair to Brett though while from Kiln his high school competition was a little better than Mt Olive and TVille’s. Of course it didn’t matter since they ran triple option

Hancock was a wing T school back then.

BuckyIsAB****
11-15-2018, 09:18 PM

I would be shocked if he doesnt redshirt

Really Clark?
11-15-2018, 09:19 PM
Hancock was a wing T school back then.

Yep your right.

Political Hack
11-15-2018, 09:32 PM

You have lost your mind. KT won championships at the highest level in one of the football-richest states in the nation. Kid is a baller. I like the rookie too, but the "rookie is better" mantra is dumb fan crap. It's always been that way. Always will. The backup is better!!!! It's the epitome of dumb fan bases. Remember earlier this year when KT was the savior and Nick sucked?

Shrader is damn good, but his arm strength is not what we're used to seeing. It's obvious in his video. That's not an issue though. Arm strength is one of 1,000 attributes it takes to be a good QB. I'll take his accuracy, along with danny wuerful's, any day.