PDA

View Full Version : 2018 SOS 5th, 2017 SOS 22nd

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 02:24 PM
Of course this will drop from 5th with Ark and UM left but does it drop past 22?

I think the bowl game will probably be a push or might push it back up depending on the team.

sleepy dawg
11-14-2018, 02:51 PM
My guess is that it will be worse than 22. Assuming Ole Miss and Arkansas lose out, our sos will probably drop to the 30s at least.

msstate7
11-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Does SOS add in every new game or does it already factor in all games and just recalculate each week?

Really Clark?
11-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Does SOS add in every new game or does it already factor in all games and just recalculate each week?

It’s recalculated each week

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Just was looking at this website:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/sos-basic-by-other?date=2018-11-14

It shows the Basic SOS from last year was 37th and this year we are 15th.

In the SOS Power ranking, it shows us at 5th with last year finishing at 22nd.

sleepy dawg
11-14-2018, 04:39 PM

Our SOS is only counting games that have been played. Arkansas as a direct opponent is not factored into our schedule yet, but they are into our opponents and our opponents opponents schedules. After this week they'll be counted as our opponent and our sos will drop and will also be affected by everything our existing opponents have done and what their opponents have done.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Our SOS is only counting games that have been played. Arkansas as a direct opponent is not factored into our schedule yet, but they are into our opponents and our opponents opponents schedules. After this week they'll be counted as our opponent and our sos will drop and will also be affected by everything our existing opponents have done and what their opponents have done.

Does it factor win margin along with everything else? Does Ark get a bump due to playing LSU closer?

sleepy dawg
11-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Does it factor win margin along with everything else? Does Ark get a bump due to playing LSU closer?

It depends on how that site is calcualting a teams strength. My guess is their basic sos does not factor that in... probably just win/loss and location. Their sos power ranking probably does.