PDA

View Full Version : Uh SEC.....

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2018, 01:54 PM
The SEC, Cohen, or someone has to make a statement at some point.... right?

It's Wednesday afternoon for goodness sakes.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a3ae605d921ba56421014b39936261f2/tenor.gif?itemid=7293822

TrapGame
11-14-2018, 02:01 PM
I'm sure Cohen has been called and was told to know his place. It does seem odd that after om's back to back wins the officiating for Bama games has gone full protection mode.

Coursesuper
11-14-2018, 02:02 PM
I'm afraid your going to be waiting for a while.

Mudhole
11-14-2018, 02:02 PM
They probably will announce they are sending the same crew to Starkville until they can get it right

Jack Lambert
11-14-2018, 02:06 PM
Everyone could start sending emails to Cohen. Just keep bugging him about it.

confucius say
11-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Everyone could start sending emails to Cohen. Just keep bugging him about it.

Some have called him out pretty hard on twitter for toeing the company line. Hind leg and walkingbully both have I know.

Political Hack
11-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Complete and utter lack of oversight of one of the biggest scams in SEC history. Happens two years in a row and nothing. Conference USA openly does it for UCF too. College football has become a scam from the top down and if you do anything to shake it up, they will come at you with everything.

codeDawg
11-14-2018, 02:10 PM
They thanked us for dropping our suggestion in the box and let us know we are entered to win a free lunch in December.

Dawg2003
11-14-2018, 02:13 PM
This has been all but forgotten outside of our fans.

DancingRabbit
11-14-2018, 02:16 PM
In a compromise, Dantzler avoids a 2-game suspension. Dantzler situation and SEC ref situation will be handled internally.

MadDawg
11-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Alabama will be called for holding 5 times against the Citadel. Which will mean they will beat them 70-0 instead of 77-0. And then all will be considered fair because it "evened out" for the year.

StateDawg44
11-14-2018, 02:34 PM
What exactly are you wanting to hear in said announcement that will likely never happen?

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2018, 02:35 PM

Doesn't matter. If it would've happened on the LSU vs Bama game, I would still be a main topic.

Has anyone else noticed how much more competitive the MSU vs Bama game has been compared to LSU vs Bama?

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2018, 02:36 PM
What exactly are you wanting to hear in said announcement that will likely never happen?

Just an admission and accountability.

Coursesuper
11-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Complete and utter lack of oversight of one of the biggest scams in SEC history. Happens two years in a row and nothing. Conference USA openly does it for UCF too. College football has become a scam from the top down and if you do anything to shake it up, they will come at you with everything.

You really want to try to say its just incompetence but there is so much money at stake that I have a hard time justifying to myself that this is just bad officiating. The occurrences are just to regular and it seem to happen more later in the year in the SEC, AAC -UCF, Big XII and so on. The officials must be pulled away from the conferences.

Goldendawg
11-14-2018, 06:31 PM
bama is the Globetrotters and everyone else in the SEC is the Washington Generals. bama needs someone to play to make their annual trip to the playoffs. $ talks and everyone else gets a cut, so remember your place and cash your check.

dawgday166
11-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Doesn't matter. If it would've happened on the LSU vs Bama game, I would still be a main topic.

Has anyone else noticed how much more competitive the MSU vs Bama game has been compared to LSU vs Bama?

and just how long did they discuss the debacle in the championship game last year with Georgia and the officiating? Right after that game all they talked about was how great Bama was and how they're the best ever blah blah blah.

So it's all done and over with now. Bama and Saban is the best ever.

dawgday166
11-14-2018, 07:16 PM
You really want to try to say its just incompetence but there is so much money at stake that I have a hard time justifying to myself that this is just bad officiating. The occurrences are just to regular and it seem to happen more later in the year in the SEC, AAC -UCF, Big XII and so on. The officials must be pulled away from the conferences.

Officiating was ten times better back in the 80s before instant replay. Almost everything is reviewable now but they never review it when Bama might get penalized.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2018, 07:39 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/a3ae605d921ba56421014b39936261f2/tenor.gif?itemid=7293822

Don't hold your breath.

yjnkdawg
11-14-2018, 07:45 PM
They may possibly make a statement to some effect (especially with the national media on the Bama preference thing), but they aren't obligated to say or do anything. So I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for such a statement.

Political Hack
11-14-2018, 07:46 PM

Way too much money at stake for sure, but the consistency of blown calls in favor of one team that consistently represents the SEC in the national championship is just too convenient to be coincidence. It's seriously starting to remind me of the WWE, except with the SEC the commissioner was getting a seven figure bonus every time an SEC team wins the national championship (at least it was that way under Slive). So, there's a personal agenda at play from the very top as well.

There's just no way they're letting a 3-loss team knock #1 out of the playoffs. It's bad for business. If we wanted a fair shot, we should've beaten Florida and UK.

RocketDawg
11-14-2018, 07:47 PM
They probably will announce they are sending the same crew to Starkville until they can get it right

Might even be this weekend. And the red jerseys of Arkansas may make them think Alabama is playing again.

was21
11-14-2018, 07:51 PM
There won't be a statement from the SEC...doubtful any follow up by Cohen

RocketDawg
11-14-2018, 07:52 PM

Absolutely. It was very obvious when they played on television a couple of weeks ago against Temple.

FWIW, they're in the American Conference.

RocketDawg
11-14-2018, 07:54 PM
There won't be a statement from the SEC...doubtful any follow up by Cohen

Probably not, but what sort of action would they take? Reverse the score? Admit the officals screwed up multiple times? Apologies are meaningless.

DogsofAnarchy
11-14-2018, 07:55 PM

Goodness....you’re gonna be miserable for YEARS!!

Political Hack
11-14-2018, 08:24 PM
Absolutely. It was very obvious when they played on television a couple of weeks ago against Temple.

FWIW, they're in the American Conference.

Never heard of it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Of course everyone could show up to the game with questions written on poster boards for the cameras.

RocketDawg
11-14-2018, 10:44 PM
Never heard of it.

It's fairly new. Has teams like Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference

Martianlander
11-15-2018, 09:14 AM
Probably put out a memo to all referees to not make bad calls so obvious.

MidTNDawg
11-15-2018, 03:53 PM
Actually communication is to be between SEC and school. No publication should happen Coach JWS had weekly apologies.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 04:03 PM
Actually communication is to be between SEC and school. No publication should happen Coach JWS had weekly apologies.

The SEC publicized it when they suspended a ref crew after an Arkansas vs Florida game years ago.

Our fans deserve an answer.

KentuckyDawg13
11-15-2018, 04:09 PM
SEC highlight show feature the MSU/Bama game first. No mention of ANY bs other than the tackle of their princess QB.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-15-2018, 04:15 PM

I would edit to say "outside a FEW of our fans"

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2018, 05:00 PM
SEC highlight show feature the MSU/Bama game first. No mention of ANY bs other than the tackle of their princess QB.

I think this bothers me more than anything. The context of Bama's win and what happened will be completely erased by institutionalized mouth breathing.

Coursesuper
11-15-2018, 05:14 PM
I think this bothers me more than anything. The context of Bama's win and what happened will be completely erased by institutionalized mouth breathing.

Now your catching on with how the system operates. Mule 17s to anyone not a traditional blue blood or one of them if your playing the bammers. Then the conference talking heads run out on the SEC network and ESPN and white wash it all. This is how the game is played.

drunkernhelldawg
11-15-2018, 05:32 PM

yep

drunkernhelldawg
11-15-2018, 05:35 PM
The poor official performance in this significant game taints all of college football. If other fans don't care, they should because this crap makes a mockery of the entire sport of college football.

Goldendawg
11-15-2018, 09:21 PM
The poor official performance in this significant game taints all of college football. If other fans don't care, they should because this crap makes a mockery of the entire sport of college football.

Sidewalk bama fans don't care. Actually think we were dishing out cheap shots on Tua. Half of the 1/2 million in NE MS don't know the rules anyway, just that bama will be Natty Champ again as God intended.

LC Dawg
11-15-2018, 09:35 PM

Which is why Saban talked about hits on Tua immediately after the game. He changed the narrative and the media knows not to go against him. Saban is the de facto SEC football commissioner.
If it was just getting the best players it wouldn't be a big deal but when one team has every advantage handed to them it gets old. I don't think anything changes until Saban retires. It may even get worse if more teams start to challenge Bama.

drunkernhelldawg
11-16-2018, 09:28 AM
Sidewalk bama fans don't care. Actually think we were dishing out cheap shots on Tua. Half of the 1/2 million in NE MS don't know the rules anyway, just that bama will be Natty Champ again as God intended.

Enough of that shit and the game becomes unwatchable.

lastmajordog
11-16-2018, 09:34 AM
That sounds very similar as the missing emails reporting recruiting violations sent to UNM when Freeze told everyone just to send them the violations and they would take care of it........

Coursesuper
11-16-2018, 02:42 PM
It’s Friday and it’s crickets from the SEC, this should tell y’all all you need to know.

yjnkdawg
11-16-2018, 02:51 PM
It’s Friday and it’s crickets from the SEC, this should tell y’all all you need to know.

Like I posted earlier this week. The SEC Office is not obligated to comment or do anything concerning the officiating this past weekend. I thought possibly, with all the negative media reaction, that they may make some type of lame apology, but here we are back where we were prior to that game.

Coursesuper
11-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Like I posted earlier this week. The SEC Office is not obligated to comment or do anything concerning the officiating this past weekend. I thought possibly, with all the negative media reaction, that they may make some type of lame apology, but here we are back where we were prior to that game.

Exactly

LC Dawg
11-16-2018, 04:08 PM
The SEC's statement will come tomorrow in the form of 5 holding calls and multiple other calls against Bama in a 79-0 win over The Citadel.