PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Jon Weiner on 105.9 last night?

MadDawg
11-14-2018, 01:11 PM
He was filling in on Jake Wimberly's show. Anyway, his big take was that all of us MSU fans are stupid for even bringing up the bad calls in the Alabama game. He said they were the better team, we never had a chance and arguing about the bad calls is stupid. They were 24 point favorites and beat us by 24. So we should know our place, shut up and just deal with the bad calls without saying anything. Otherwise we all look stupid.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2018, 01:12 PM
His name is Jon Weiner. Do we really need to say anything else?

Mudhole
11-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Only they weren't 24 points better. Maybe 10, but not 24.

StateDawg44
11-14-2018, 01:21 PM
Didn't realize MSU had so many fans on national media outlets that have talked about the calls too.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Obviously Bama is the most talented team in the country, and we were inept on offense. That being said if this game were called correctly, it would've been at worst 14-7 going into the 4th quarter and with Tua being out and bama having to play a 3rd string QB anything could've happened but we'll never know. At worst score should've been 17-7. Nothing wrong with speaking when the're was so much incompetence shown by the officiating crew Saturday. If it was just one questionable call, no reason to say anything, it happens, but there were multiple game changing call/no calls in that game. And Weiner is a Weiner!

Mudhole
11-14-2018, 01:29 PM
And the fact that bama didn't get flagged the entire game. Have we ever been able to do that? Has anybody? Heck the pros can't even do that?

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 01:31 PM
And the fact that bama didn't get flagged the entire game. Have we ever been able to do that? Has anybody? Heck the pros can't even do that?

One of their big runs was when a Dlineman was dragged down from behind at the line of scrimmage. RB went for a big gain but the Dline put an arm on him but couldn't go any farther due to Offensive Holding. That play itself might have cost us 7 points.

Commercecomet24
11-14-2018, 01:33 PM

Bama was the only college team in the country that didn't get flagged this past saturday, and we know this is not a "let them play crew" cause the threw plenty on us.

Mudhole
11-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Well, as far as bama was concerned, you never knew the refs were there

CadaverDawg
11-14-2018, 01:38 PM
He was filling in on Jake Wimberly's show. Anyway, his big take was that all of us MSU fans are stupid for even bringing up the bad calls in the Alabama game. He said they were the better team, we never had a chance and arguing about the bad calls is stupid. They were 24 point favorites and beat us by 24. So we should know our place, shut up and just deal with the bad calls without saying anything. Otherwise we all look stupid.

Yeah Jon, you dipshit, just say nothing and then when the year finally comes where we CAN beat them, we get screwed again because nothing is ever addressed. You can't be that stupid, Weiner.

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Where I think people are missing the point is that this isn't just about his year. It's about last year as well and about putting pressure on the league to solve unfairness of how officiating crews are put together and the standard by which officials are held accountable.

In 2/3 years, we could have a team that can win the West, but it can't happen if we get screwed. There is a problem that needs to be fixed or it will effect future games.

TrapGame
11-14-2018, 01:55 PM
He also said the Clarion Ledger is not biased against MSU. That's just crazy conspiracy talk, he said.

I've always had a rather low opinion of him but now I think he's a total douche.

Really Clark?
11-14-2018, 01:58 PM
He is his name

Leeshouldveflanked
11-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Weiner = Goober

MaroonBelle
11-14-2018, 02:26 PM
That just pisses me off. He is a fool. For me, as a fan, it is not even about whether we could win or not. I fully expected to lose that game. The point is that our athletes work just as hard as the Bama ones. As a matter of fact, to have success, they have to work harder because they on average are not as athletically gifted. They do it with less national recognition, fanfare, and applause. They do it even though they know it is probably in a losing effort against Bama. I was so proud of that last goal line stand. THEY DESERVED TO HAVE THE POINTS THEY WON AND THE TWO TURNOVERS THEY CAUSED RECORDED. They deserved the chance to determine the game on the field. They earned it and they deserve it. It is a simple as that. They deserve better than to have some incompetent or outright deceitful football official steal it away from them. They deserve to have an equally officiated game instead of one that is predetermined by the name on front of the jersey they wear. Pointing that out doesn't make us look foolish. It makes it look like we give a shit about our players. I wonder if he said the same thing about the LSU fans when they were complaining all week about their player banned in the first half of the Bama game? Seems to me everyone was cheering them on and thought they had a legitimate gripe. I would say that ours are even more obviously legitimate.

MadDawg
11-14-2018, 02:37 PM
That just pisses me off. He is a fool. For me, as a fan, it is not even about whether we could win or not. I fully expected to lose that game. The point is that our athletes work just as hard as the Bama ones. As a matter of fact, to have success, they have to work harder because they on average are not as athletically gifted. They do it with less national recognition, fanfare, and applause. They do it even though they know it is probably in a losing effort against Bama. I was so proud of that last goal line stand. THEY DESERVED TO HAVE THE POINTS THEY WON AND THE TWO TURNOVERS THEY CAUSED RECORDED. They deserved the chance to determine the game on the field. They earned it and they deserve it. It is a simple as that. They deserve better than to have some incompetent or outright deceitful football official steal it away from them. They deserve to have an equally officiated game instead of one that is predetermined by the name on front of the jersey they wear. Pointing that out doesn't make us look foolish. It makes it look like we give a shit about our players. I wonder if he said the same thing about the LSU fans when they were complaining all week about their player banned in the first half of the Bama game? Seems to me everyone was cheering them on and thought they had a legitimate gripe. I would say that ours are even more obviously legitimate.

post more

msudawglb
11-14-2018, 02:38 PM
I know it sounds like sour grapes, but dang.

24-0

1) take off the field goal because if the game is closer (bad calls) we don't go for it on our 40.....21-0
2) take away the opening score because there was a definite fumble around their 30 yard line.....14-0
3) give us 3 points because we at a minimum attempt a field goal because of fumble above....14-3
4) give us 7 points because there was no damn block in the back.....14-10

and if you really want to add some smoke,
5) take away their 7 due to our fumble of the punt due to Bama player not giving us space to fair catch.....7-10 MSU wins!

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Btw, Bo Bounds, with virtually no evidence or reasons, said that we only had a 50/50 shot of keeping Shoop after this year.

A completely foolish comment by an MSU fan.

No evidence and it's hurts our recruiting

StoneDawg
11-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Everyone on that station is horrible.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 02:50 PM
I know it sounds like sour grapes, but dang.

24-0

1) take off the field goal because if the game is closer (bad calls) we don't go for it on our 40.....21-0
2) take away the opening score because there was a definite fumble around their 30 yard line.....14-0
3) give us 3 points because we at a minimum attempt a field goal because of fumble above....14-3
4) give us 7 points because there was no damn block in the back.....14-10

and if you really want to add some smoke,
5) take away their 7 due to our fumble of the punt due to Bama player not giving us space to fair catch.....7-10 MSU wins!

Also obvious holding call on our Dlineman that was about to make a tackle at the line of scrimmage instead the RB runs for about 20. I think it set up their last TD.

MaroonBelle
11-14-2018, 02:50 PM

A bunch of "try hards". Trying so hard to prove they are "not a fan" and legitimate that they take every chance they can to pile on State. As much as I can't stand "Not a Fan" McReady, and think he is an absolute in the tank die hard-OM fantard, I wish our "not a fans" on the radio were more like him when it came to MSU.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Come one guys, when your name is Weiner, you're going to be jealous of Moorhead.

jackindabox
11-14-2018, 02:59 PM

I dont listen to anybody named weiner. Not a political thing just a man thing. I am somewhat homophobic.

tcdog70
11-14-2018, 03:09 PM
our own player kept D Thomas from catching the punt.

Jack Lambert
11-14-2018, 03:19 PM
Have ya'll ever seen him. He looks like Mr Bean. I doubt he even knows how to put a helmet on.

Jack Lambert
11-14-2018, 03:22 PM

Matt is pretty good.

MaroonBelle
11-14-2018, 03:26 PM
Matt is pretty good.

Matt is THE exception

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-14-2018, 03:26 PM

I got in the car and it was the first thing I heard. I immediately changed the channel. Weiner is one of those a$$holes who loves to $hit on the State of Mississippi trying to sound smart and then wants to jump in on the bandwagon when MSU does well.

robert
11-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Matt is pretty good.

I agree, Matt is pretty good.

Even if the score had been 50-0, the incompetence of the officials needs to be addressed. If members of the crew that called this game have a history of making poor decisions with bad calls or missed calls, they should be retired and replaced with a person that can do a better job.

My question: Has the SEC ever told an official in any sport, "You're Fired", or do they tenure these guys to a certain retirement age?

Ezsoil
11-14-2018, 08:29 PM
Is he related to Anthony?

RezDog7
11-14-2018, 09:03 PM
John sucks Weiner

Randolph Dupree
11-14-2018, 11:31 PM
Weiner is the absolute worst guy on the radio. Total dumbass.

msbulldog
11-15-2018, 07:25 AM
Come one guys, when your name is Weiner, you're going to be jealous of Moorhead.

HaHa LOL, ISWYDT!