PDA

View Full Version : Sec now

Homedawg
11-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Jordan Rogers Said it best- we've just underachieved. He gets it... he was one of our biggest fans early. And then wah-wah-wah.......

msstate7
11-13-2018, 09:54 PM
He must not have got the memo from most our fans... every offensive player we have was overrated.

cheewgumm
11-13-2018, 09:58 PM
It?s hard to take because we had such a great opportunity.

Our fans think it?ll just happen again next year. It won?t.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2018, 10:06 PM
It?s hard to take because we had such a great opportunity.

Our fans think it?ll just happen again next year. It won?t.

I don't know about the offense but look at our defensive roster and what we have coming back. Hell our second team could be the starting team this season at a lot of other SEC schools.

cheewgumm
11-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Agree, I?m sick about it. It?s been a disaster in my mind.

I hope some of our fans are right that we?ll be back, etc... but these opportunities don?t come around often. You have to take advantage of every chance.

MarketingBully
11-13-2018, 10:18 PM
Jordan Rogers Said it best- we've just underachieved. He gets it... he was one of our biggest fans early. And then wah-wah-wah.......

He’s also graded Fitz as the 14th best QB several times this year. He’s very low on Fitz.

klong-dog
11-13-2018, 10:26 PM
He's bumped Fitz around a lot. But don't recall seeing him at 14. He's been anywhere from 2-10 from what I remember. Even if so, after the LSU game FitZ deserved to be dead last.

dawgday166
11-13-2018, 10:27 PM
He?s also graded Fitz as the 14th best QB several times this year. He?s very low on Fitz.

He wasn't before the season. He was real high on Fitz then.

Homedawg
11-13-2018, 10:31 PM
I don't know about the offense but look at our defensive roster and what we have coming back. Hell our second team could be the starting team this season at a lot of other SEC schools.

No it can't. That's hyperbole in its highest form

Homedawg
11-13-2018, 10:33 PM
He’s also graded Fitz as the 14th best QB several times this year. He’s very low on Fitz.

And............ actually he said preseason he was the third best an in the league. But he's closer to 14th than 3rd at present.

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2018, 10:58 AM

I know one SEC school that would take our second team in a heartbeat. Hell they might settle for our 3rd team.

RiverCityDawg
11-14-2018, 11:10 AM
He must not have got the memo from most our fans... every offensive player we have was overrated.

That's a perfect straw man. "Most" fans I've seen would say that the offensive players were not a fit for the offense AND the coach didn't adjust to his personnel. It's complete BS to say "most our fans" think the problem is overrated offensive talent.

KOdawg1
11-14-2018, 11:14 AM
We get it people. We missed our chance this year. We underachieved. We're not going to get another chance like this for the foreseeable future. JoMo sucks. We get it. But regurgitating the same stuff on thread after thread isn't helping anything. Quit bitching.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Agree, I?m sick about it. It?s been a disaster in my mind.

I hope some of our fans are right that we?ll be back, etc... but these opportunities don?t come around often. You have to take advantage of every chance.

Listen, I agree they don't come around every year, but I recall a lot of this same rhetoric when we tanked down the stretch in 2014.

"We will never have a team like this again"
"These chances only come around once in a generation"

Blah, Blah, Blah

And here we are four years later with another loaded team that had potential to make noise on the national stage. Teams like this don't come around every year, but I don't think they are as few and far between as you think, especially since our recruiting is improving. Maybe in 3 years Moore and Pickering are killing people, and we have a QB that fits the system better, who knows. You guys are just so damn doom and gloom.

Mudhole
11-14-2018, 12:09 PM
Unless he gets caught having an affair with his secretary or something like that, he ain't going nowhere for four years. Might as well buckle up the chin strap and go on

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Unless he gets caught having an affair with his secretary or something like that, he ain't going nowhere for four years. Might as well buckle up the chin strap and go on

I will say, if he makes a bowl game every year then he isn't going anywhere for four years. If he doesn't then most people would think differently.

He has won against the #6 and #8 scoring defenses in the SEC at home and lost against #1, #4, #5 on the road and #7 at home. The biggest problem is that in those losses, we looked like a monkey 17ing a football. Bama and LSU - we have looked like that more often than not but against UK and UF not so much.

Until the bowl game, we really won't see what Moorhead can do against a good defense. If we shit the bed against Ark #13 and UM #14 then there are big issues on offense. Even if we win those games, we have to look good on offense.

Mudhole
11-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Tbone I don't disagree, but this makes the 9th year in a row we've made a bowl game. That's great, I love it. At one time making a bowl was a great accomplishment for us. But our goal should be to win the sec west. Wouldn't you agree? Maybe not every year, but that should be what we strive to achieve. If not, then why do we play the game? Might as well quit spending the money in football, and concentrate on basketball and baseball. I repeat, it would be unrealistic to expect that every year, but I remember a time when people thought it unrealistic for us to make a bowl every year.

thf24
11-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Listen, I agree they don't come around every year, but I recall a lot of this same rhetoric when we tanked down the stretch in 2014.

"We will never have a team like this again"
"These chances only come around once in a generation"

Blah, Blah, Blah

And here we are four years later with another loaded team that had potential to make noise on the national stage. Teams like this don't come around every year, but I don't think they are as few and far between as you think, especially since our recruiting is improving. Maybe in 3 years Moore and Pickering are killing people, and we have a QB that fits the system better, who knows. You guys are just so damn doom and gloom.

Those around here prone to hysteria love to throw around terms like "never" and "generational" even though they don't really hold up if you look closely at the timeline and consider all relevant circumstances. Nothing is certain right now, but it appears thus far that this staff is going to put in more recruiting effort than the last one, so it's hard to imagine the results will be worse. As long as recruiting is at least as good, we can expect to have a chance every every 4-5 years, if not sooner, strictly from the talent angle.

Sienfield
11-14-2018, 12:29 PM
I will say, if he makes a bowl game every year then he isn't going anywhere for four years. If he doesn't then most people would think differently.

He has won against the #6 and #8 scoring defenses in the SEC at home and lost against #1, #4, #5 on the road and #7 at home. The biggest problem is that in those losses, we looked like a monkey 17ing a football. Bama and LSU - we have looked like that more often than not but against UK and UF not so much.

Until the bowl game, we really won't see what Moorhead can do against a good defense. If we shit the bed against Ark #13 and UM #14 then there are big issues on offense. Even if we win those games, we have to look good on offense.

I must be reading this wrong because in the paragraph above you stated we played the #1, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 defenses in the SEC already.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 12:51 PM
I must be reading this wrong because in the paragraph above you stated we played the #1, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 defenses in the SEC already.

You are correct, I didn't word that correctly. I was talking about how we should stomp a mudhole in Ark and UM so improved offense might not be truly accurate. We should play a good defense on a neutral field. So far we have beaten AU who is #14 nationally and #37 A&M. We have looked like crap against #11 UK, #34 UF. Both of those were before it looked like they figured something out. #12 LSU - Fitz had one of the worst games a QB has ever had at MSU. Moorhead has to accept some blame but that isn't all on the coaching staff, Fitz has to accept blame also.

We then played Bama who is #1 in the country in defense now in Tuscaloosa right after their defense shut out LSU. We have normally scored around 7 points against Bama in the last 10 years and we scored 7 points (17 the refs, I claim that TD).

Therefore, I want to see what we do in the bowl game to see if we just hit some great defenses at the wrong time.