PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead comments from Today...................

99jc
11-13-2018, 02:41 PM
I know there was an elevated expectation level heading into the season for a myriad of reasons,? Moorhead said. ?From a historical context, we?re battling to get where we?ve never been since 1941. I understand the disappointment because of the expectation level, but reality is reality.?

The reality is we were ranked #1 not to long ago
The reality is you are a bust with your Shitty ass offense. 17 u.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Tell us how you really feel.

bulldawg28
11-13-2018, 02:48 PM
Lol...get em 99!

Doggie_Style
11-13-2018, 02:51 PM
I know there was an elevated expectation level heading into the season for a myriad of reasons,? Moorhead said. ?From a historical context, we?re battling to get where we?ve never been since 1941. I understand the disappointment because of the expectation level, but reality is reality.?

The reality is we were ranked #1 not to long ago
The reality is you are a bust with your Shitty ass offense. 17 u.

You forgot the best part: "There's really not a barometer for what it takes to win an SEC Championship in Starkville."

What a douche bag...

RezDog7
11-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Man, never knew being ranked number 1 after beating a few mediocre teams would get us so much notoriety.

RiverCityDawg
11-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Some of y'all are too sensitive. Oh, and he's right.

Doggie_Style
11-13-2018, 02:56 PM

That's what I tell my wife after she gets upset when I say her ass is fat....LOL

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2018, 02:59 PM

Mullen winning 10 games with a shitload of NFL players has redefined our floor of acceptability apparently. Joe could have done a lot better but a lot of people want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

RezDog7
11-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Don't y'all know, this team is so talented we would win 8 games with no coach. I'm thinking we should let elitedawgs call the plays Saturday. We could probably get a play in to Fitz in about the same amount of time as it takes the current staff. Hell, we don't even need a play book, just call Hill left or Hill right and we win by 3 touchdowns.

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Don't y'all know, this team is so talented we would win 8 games with no coach. I'm thinking we should let elitedawgs call the plays Saturday. We could probably get a play in to Fitz in about the same amount of time as it takes the current staff. Hell, we don't even need a play book, just call Hill left or Hill right and we win by 3 touchdowns.

We could go old school Tecmo Bowl and have 4 plays. Honestly, we could still probably beat Ark like that.

MetEdDawg
11-13-2018, 03:10 PM
You forgot the best part: "There's really not a barometer for what it takes to win an SEC Championship in Starkville."

What a douche bag...

Why is he a douchebag. He's 100% correct. And in order to attack things you want to achieve, you first have to be able to admit your failings. One of our biggest failings is that we don't know what it takes to win an SEC Championship because we never have. So he's 100% correct.

Why does that offend people?

Johnson85
11-13-2018, 03:13 PM
Mullen winning 10 games with a shitload of NFL players has redefined our floor of acceptability apparently. Joe could have done a lot better but a lot of people want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Well, Joe needs to run his statements by somebody before he says shit like that. All he needs to say is that they've done a poor job installing their offense. Some of that is on the coaches, some of that is just a reflection of the fact that it was harder for the players becuase while they have a lot of talent on offense and good kids, they were a better fit for Mullen's offense and they were missing some key pieces to help the offense run that they will get in place for next year. Finito. Don't blow any bullshit. Just take responsibility with no excuses other than acknowleding that transitioning offenses is tough for the kids and the coaches weren't able to get it done.

RezDog7
11-13-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm telling you, it's all Brandon Walker's fault for making us believe we were about win a championship.

Doggie_Style
11-13-2018, 03:17 PM
Why is he a douchebag. He's 100% correct. And in order to attack things you want to achieve, you first have to be able to admit your failings. One of our biggest failings is that we don't know what it takes to win an SEC Championship because we never have. So he's 100% correct.

Why does that offend people?

You can't come in here and talk about trophies and ring sizes, get your ass handed to you in SEC play and then say "I understand the disappointment, but reality is reality. There's really not a barometer for what it takes to win an SEC Championship in Starkville."

msstate7
11-13-2018, 03:21 PM
Joe also told these players to know their ring sizes and for fitz to clear off his mantle for a heisman.

msstate7
11-13-2018, 03:22 PM
You can't come in here and talk about trophies and ring sizes, get your ass handed to you in SEC play and then say "I understand the disappointment, but reality is reality. There's really not a barometer for what it takes to win an SEC Championship in Starkville."

Exactly. He helped build the expectations, and now doesn't wanna be held to the standard he said we'd meet.

NCDawg
11-13-2018, 03:24 PM

What a douche bag...

If he really said what is quoted by 99jc and Doggie Style, those comments are extremely disappointing and makes me think Cohen should have chosen someone else for HC. Moorhead is responsible for the lack of offensive production, and that is reality.

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Well, Joe needs to run his statements by somebody before he says shit like that. All he needs to say is that they've done a poor job installing their offense. Some of that is on the coaches, some of that is just a reflection of the fact that it was harder for the players becuase while they have a lot of talent on offense and good kids, they were a better fit for Mullen's offense and they were missing some key pieces to help the offense run that they will get in place for next year. Finito. Don't blow any bullshit. Just take responsibility with no excuses other than acknowleding that transitioning offenses is tough for the kids and the coaches weren't able to get it done.

I agree with that. I think that Joe is having a tough time dealing with the shot to his ego of his offense struggling against Good to Great SEC defenses.

Really Clark?
11-13-2018, 03:30 PM

The offense is talented enough (see the year prior) to avg more than 4 points per game vs ranked opponents. Croom in 2005 did better than that, 6.5 for that season vs ranked opponents.

KOdawg1
11-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Joe also told these players to know their ring sizes and for fitz to clear off his mantle for a heisman.
This is what gets me. I don't mind the high expectations. In fact I welcome them. But when you tell Fitz he's gonna win the Heisman and other players that they need to know the ring sizes and none of that happens, you can't go back and say we've sucked our whole history and it's going to take some time.

DeputyDawg94
11-13-2018, 03:49 PM
I took it as “wtf do y’all know about winning championships, sit down and stfu!” Did I take it the wron way?

Dawgology
11-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Except that:

We won the SEC West already
Were ranked #1 in the Playoff Polls for 6 weeks
And have been a contender for the SEC pretty much every season for the past 8 save maybe 2 or 3.

Hes' right, though, we haven't won the SEC Champ yet so there's that. Guess poor ol Mittittipi Tate don't kno nuthin bout no footbal

Cooterpoot
11-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Y'all always talking about Dan would've done this or that. He's just bringing some Dan condescension to the fans to make them feel good.

MetEdDawg
11-13-2018, 04:17 PM

You sure as hell can when your ass shoulders the blame like he has. He's not gonna come in and say well I hope to be mediocre and compete in most games.

You should be ashamed for thinking he really meant that. I sure as hell never thought it.

CowtownDawg
11-13-2018, 04:18 PM
And have been a contender for the SEC pretty much every season for the past 8 save maybe 2 or 3.

This part has to be a joke, right? Mullen finished above .500 in the SEC exactly once in 9 years in the 2014 season.

SEC record by season:

2010: 4-4
2011: 2-6
2012: 4-4
2013: 3-5
2014: 6-2
2015: 4-4
2016: 3-5
2017: 4-4

Please point out to me the 5 to 6 seasons out of the last 8 where we were in contention for the SEC. Out of those 8 seasons, assuming Joe wins the last 2, he will have matched Mullen's conference record in 4 of the 8 seasons and exceeded Mullen's record in 3 of the 8. I'm not overly thrilled with Joe or this season, but at least be honest.

ETA: not even putting in 2009 since it was a monumental effort to do as well as he did overcoming Croom.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2018, 04:26 PM
I feel like I am in a time loope with the Coach 34 vs Stands.

msstate7
11-13-2018, 04:26 PM
You sure as hell can when your ass shoulders the blame like he has. He's not gonna come in and say well I hope to be mediocre and compete in most games.

You should be ashamed for thinking he really meant that. I sure as hell never thought it.

How about he just give coach speak like the other 99% of coaches out there? Saban, urban, Sean Payton, belichick, etc never talk that sheet joe did in the offseason, and they can actually back it up... Payton only sometimes lol

MetEdDawg
11-13-2018, 04:40 PM
How about he just give coach speak like the other 99% of coaches out there? Saban, urban, Sean Payton, belichick, etc never talk that sheet joe did in the offseason, and they can actually back it up... Payton only sometimes lol

I'm in 100% agreement. I would have preferred he didn't say it. But since he did, we judge him on what he's done since. He's owned up that it's his fault. That is refreshing and makes me respect him more.

NCDawg
11-13-2018, 04:47 PM

You're probably right. A lot of us State fans are naive, and should be ashamed for believing he really meant what he said. We also shouldn't have believed him when he said he thought we had enough talent to get to Atlanta at the beginning of the season. Yeah, reality is reality. We should have known better.

Political Hack
11-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Our new logo: "Championship standard... well, sort of."

RiverCityDawg
11-13-2018, 04:55 PM

Managing expectations with coach speak only matters to the weak minded mob. The irony is that the bravado coming in WAS coach speak to instill confidence. Doing otherwise and getting this result would have made folks like you feel even worse - "He doesn't have the confidence to coach in this league, he was beat the minute he showed up."

MetEdDawg
11-13-2018, 04:57 PM
You're probably right. A lot of us State fans are naive, and should be ashamed for believing he really meant what he said. We also shouldn't have believed him when he said he thought we had enough talent to get to Atlanta at the beginning of the season. Yeah, reality is reality. We should have known better.

I just want to know what you guys would have preferred. If I'm drumming up some emotion and trying to get buy in I'm not walking in saying well we are going to work diligently and continue improvement and potentially try and be a competitor. Boring as hell. Come in balls on fire. If it doesn't happen own that shit and move forward and contiinue to improve and work towards being a competitor.

msstate7
11-13-2018, 04:58 PM
Managing expectations with coach speak only matters to the weak minded mob. The irony is that the bravado coming in WAS coach speak to instill confidence. Doing otherwise and getting this result would have made folks like you feel even worse - "He doesn't have the confidence to coach in this league, he was beat the minute he showed up."

Isn't he now "managing expectations" with these comments? He looks like a fool running his mouth and then backtracking.

StateDawg44
11-13-2018, 05:03 PM
So many upset because they bought into very unrealistic expectations and media pumping sunshine. Is Moorhead supposed to apologize because he wanted to build confidence in his players to build support going into a new job? That is all on you who actually thought we'd just waltz right in and already printed the SEC champ t-shirts.

It shouldn't be this big of a shocker how this season turned out. Especially as a State fan. Nothing will ever be easy for us. Yeah I expected a little better and to beat UK and UF but there was always a chance we shat the bed. Unfortunately we did.

Sucks that some of you already had your seat picked out in ATL. Again, there is absolutely no one else to blame except yourself. If you argue with that you are in denial. Plain and simple.

Gutter Cobreh
11-13-2018, 05:06 PM
I feel like I am in a time loope with the Coach 34 vs Stands.

This made me laugh!

This is correct. Mullen is a master at manipulating the fanbase (MSU's and Florida's) to his way of thinking. He did it for years here, to the point, that posters on this site firmly believe we'd be 10-0 or 9-1 right now if he was the coach. He has the Florida fanbase thinking their lucky to have him now because he inherited a rag tag bunch of players at UF (which is not the case) and overachieved this year (offense under him has improved).

Moorhead is refreshing because he doesn't "coach speak" nearly as much as Mullen does. The issue at hand is that we have a fanbase that thrives on believing everything that comes out of the coach's mouth and takes it as gospel truth.

bluelightstar
11-13-2018, 05:07 PM
So many upset because they bought into very unrealistic expectations and media pumping sunshine. Is Moorhead supposed to apologize because he wanted to build confidence in his players to build support going into a new job? That is all on you who actually thought we'd just waltz right in and already printed the SEC champ t-shirts.

It shouldn't be this big of a shocker how this season turned out. Especially as a State fan. Nothing will ever be easy for us. Yeah I expected a little better and to beat UK and UF but there was always a chance we shat the bed. Unfortunately we did.

Sucks that some of you already had your seat picked out in ATL. Again, there is absolutely no one else to blame except yourself. If you argue with that you are in denial. Plain and simple.

Yes, totally our fault. What made us think we should average more than 4 points a game against Kentucky, LSU, Florida, and Alabama? I mean, more than one touchdown in those 4 SEC games combined is really asking a lot!

Walkerhill
11-13-2018, 05:09 PM
These comments cause me to lose a lot of respect for Joe. What happened to no one rises to low expectations.

Surely this type of clumsy public comment does not aid recruiting.

I think this is a reaction to what he is hearing from critics and he needs to grow a thicker skin.

testuser
11-13-2018, 05:11 PM
#webelieve

DawgNamedScuba
11-13-2018, 05:12 PM
Shit happens. I went to school when this guy was our coach so im not really bothered.

https://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/sc-howardschatz.jpg

Political Hack
11-13-2018, 05:14 PM
"I can be in the scooba squad?"

99jc
11-13-2018, 05:18 PM
Nobody forced that SOB to say what he did today. If he is going to open his fat mouth and flatulent comes spewing out your damn right I'm going to hold him accountable. He damn sure is changing our culture from expecting to compete for championships to the reality is we have sucked since 1941 and we still do.

Fader21
11-13-2018, 05:46 PM

Honestly what did you want him to say? We might win a few lose a few?

Dawgology
11-13-2018, 05:47 PM
This part has to be a joke, right? Mullen finished above .500 in the SEC exactly once in 9 years in the 2014 season.

SEC record by season:

Please point out to me the 5 to 6 seasons out of the last 8 where we were in contention for the SEC. Out of those 8 seasons, assuming Joe wins the last 2, he will have matched Mullen's conference record in 4 of the 8 seasons and exceeded Mullen's record in 3 of the 8. I'm not overly thrilled with Joe or this season, but at least be honest.

ETA: not even putting in 2009 since it was a monumental effort to do as well as he did overcoming Croom.

10, 12, 14, 16, 17 Did we win...obviously no...and we fell off a good bit in those years at the end but in all of those I mentioned we were AT LEAST in the hunt at some point. We were NEVER in the hunt this year with presumably more talent than we have ever had.

HELL...when was the LAST TIME we scored 0 ****ing points????? 2008! That's right....CROOM! If you don't think that is tracking backwards as a program then you have damn blinders on. It's bad. Really bad.

redstickdawg
11-13-2018, 06:08 PM
10, 12, 14, 16, 17 Did we win...obviously no...and we fell off a good bit in those years at the end but in all of those I mentioned we were AT LEAST in the hunt at some point. We were NEVER in the hunt this year with presumably more talent than we have ever had.

HELL...when was the LAST TIME we scored 0 ****ing points????? 2008! That's right....CROOM! If you don't think that is tracking backwards as a program then you have damn blinders on. It's bad. Really bad.

Croom the 2nd has been a tremendous disappointment is major understatement. His fat mouth spewing BS that his ass couldn't back up makes him out to be a clown. If you are going to talk like that you sure should be able to back it up and ole NOMo ain't doing it. I fear next year when our talent levels drops off, needs to be 2 and gone.

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2018, 06:45 PM
This made me laugh!

This is correct. Mullen is a master at manipulating the fanbase (MSU's and Florida's) to his way of thinking. He did it for years here, to the point, that posters on this site firmly believe we'd be 10-0 or 9-1 right now if he was the coach. He has the Florida fanbase thinking their lucky to have him now because he inherited a rag tag bunch of players at UF (which is not the case) and overachieved this year (offense under him has improved).

Moorhead is refreshing because he doesn't "coach speak" nearly as much as Mullen does. The issue at hand is that we have a fanbase that thrives on believing everything that comes out of the coach's mouth and takes it as gospel truth.

Moorhead would be even more refreshing if his offense worked against anyone with a pulse.

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2018, 06:46 PM
Also seems bad when UM up the road cannot seem to.miss a big throw downfield.

bulldawg28
11-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Our new logo: "Championship standard... well, sort of."

Lol, well played.

Matt3467
11-13-2018, 07:15 PM
Well, I already knew this thread would be filled to the brim with negativity from one of the most toxic and negative posters to touch Elitedawgs, 99jc. I seem to recall Mullen saying we were going to win championships too and a decade later we haven't. One thing Joe has done is bring out of lot of our sunny day fans. I like Joe and I hope he gets another couples of years to see what he can do. If he's not the answer then so be it, but I'm not going to crucify the guy in his first season.

99jc
11-13-2018, 07:20 PM
Well, I already knew this thread would be filled to the brim with negativity from one of the most toxic and negative posters to touch Elitedawgs, 99jc. I seem to recall Mullen saying we were going to win championships too and a decade later we haven't. One thing Joe has done is bring out of lot of our sunny day fans. I like Joe and I hope he gets another couples of years to see what he can do. If he's not the answer then so be it, but I'm not going to crucify the guy in his first season.

Couple of years lol.....Rebel alert.

Dawgology
11-13-2018, 08:28 PM

Couple of years?! Lmao...totally disconnected from the reality of current SEC football.

IMissJack
11-13-2018, 09:56 PM
You forgot the best part: [B]"There's really not a barometer for what it takes to win an SEC Championship in Starkville."

Win a Championship? Nobody would be complaining if we had won 10 games, very few would be complaining if we had beat KY and won 9 and fewer would complain if we had beaten FL and won 9.

KentuckyDawg13
11-14-2018, 07:25 AM
1996, MSU was in the SEC Championship game, almost pulled it off. His comment is insulting and ignorant.

Dawgology
11-14-2018, 08:00 AM
Hey, Moorhead, in Starkville we do have a barometer for what makes a good offense and we don't have one right now.

RezDog7
11-14-2018, 08:18 AM
1996, MSU was in the SEC Championship game, almost pulled it off. His comment is insulting and ignorant.

You might want to google MSU SEC championship game appearances before you comment.

StateDawg44
11-14-2018, 08:27 AM
Yes, totally our fault. What made us think we should average more than 4 points a game against Kentucky, LSU, Florida, and Alabama? I mean, more than one touchdown in those 4 SEC games combined is really asking a lot!

http://www.panicfreaks.org/images/emoticons/pouty.gif

Considering that's not what I was getting at, your comment is irrelevant to mine. Continue on with whatever narrative you want to go with that helps you feel justified though.

Fact is, one extra touchdown in any of those games you listed besides Florida wouldn't have made one bit of difference. I'm not saying I didn't have high hopes. I bought into some hype too but it didn't pan out. I'm sure Moorhead didn't plan it this way. All the "This is the year" crap is what was so toxic.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-14-2018, 09:41 AM

We were in the championship game in 1998, and that was a year that we lost to Kentucky and a 5-6 Oklahoma State team.

msstate7
11-14-2018, 09:43 AM
We were in the championship game in 1998, and that was a year that we lost to Kentucky and a 5-6 Oklahoma State team.

Throw shade on one of our best accomplishments ever. We should apologize for beating top 10 ark to win the west and playing the national champs toe to toe in Atlanta.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2018, 09:48 AM
Y'all getting trolled like little school kids.

Dawgology
11-14-2018, 09:49 AM

Considering that's not what I was getting at, your comment is irrelevant to mine. Continue on with whatever narrative you want to go with that helps you feel justified though.

Fact is, one extra touchdown in any of those games you listed besides Florida wouldn't have made one bit of difference. I'm not saying I didn't have high hopes. I bought into some hype too but it didn't pan out. I'm sure Moorhead didn't plan it this way. All the "This is the year" crap is what was so toxic.

So expecting a championship run with one of our most talented teams ever is toxic????? Wow...

Really Clark?
11-14-2018, 09:52 AM

We are down 15 points in SEC games not 1 TD

Commercecomet24
11-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Y'all getting trolled like little school kids.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cooterpoot again.

Gutter Cobreh
11-14-2018, 09:56 AM
Moorhead would be even more refreshing if his offense worked against anyone with a pulse.

I'm sorry, you lost me when you mentioned burning down the refs house from this past weekends game in another thread. Apologies, as I no longer consider you a person capable of rational thought....

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-14-2018, 10:12 AM
Throw shade on one of our best accomplishments ever. We should apologize for beating top 10 ark to win the west and playing the national champs toe to toe in Atlanta.

Not throwing shade. Simply stating facts. MSU was 8-3 with losses to:

@OSU 5-6
@UK 7-4
@LSU 4-7

You are the one throwing shade on a team that hasn't even finished the season yet

msstate7
11-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Not throwing shade. Simply stating facts. MSU was 8-3 with losses to:

@OSU 5-6
@UK 7-4
@LSU 4-7

You are the one throwing shade on a team that hasn't even finished the season yet

This team will not reach its goal. 98 made it to Atlanta. You can pump this team up and down '98 all you want... I'll be more proud of 1998 for doing something we've never done

PMDawg
11-14-2018, 10:25 AM

SEC record by season:

The point is, this is likely the best team he will ever have here. It's a generational defense, possibly even the best we ever had. He was supposed to be an offensive guru, yet our offense went backwards this year. Horribly. Yes, he put up some numbers against some really bad defenses. But he also let two very average teams beat us in Kentucky and Florida. He let one guy beat us in the Kentucky game. Eiland was getting beat every play, and our offensive guru refused to make an easy adjustment to give him some help. His stubbornness cost us that game. The Florida game was an abomination from start to finish. The LSU and Alabama games were over during the first quarter. It was obvious that we were losing both from almost the first snap. If we had lost to Kentucky, LSU, and Alabama in a respectable manner, and won the Florida game, I think the outlook would be much different. But it's been obvious since the first quarter of the Kentucky game that Joe's offense is trash against a good defense. And guess what? In the SEC, you are going to see a lot of good defenses. He's going to have to figure out how to move the ball against good defenses. So far, he hasn't shown that ability. He's just poor mouthing our team and the fans. I wouldn't be surprised if he left after this season, because he probably realizes that he didn't give SEC defenses enough credit. He's a better fit for the PAC12, B10, or B12. IF we finish 8-4 (and that's a big if in my mind, I fully expect a repeat of last year's egg bowl at this point), then I won't be too upset with the record. But HOW we got there will still upset me. And again, there is a >90% chance that this will be the best team he ever coaches at MSU. There will not be a team in the CFP with a better defense than ours. He took a NY6 bowl, or better, caliber team and crapped the bed with it. That doesn't say it's time to fire him, but it definitely says it's already time to be concerned. If you don't think so, you really just have your head in the sand at this point. We're already talking about a true freshman or transfer QB coming in to "save" the offense next season. That's not a warning sign?

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-14-2018, 10:32 AM
This team will not reach its goal. 98 made it to Atlanta. You can pump this team up and down '98 all you want... I'll be more proud of 1998 for doing something we've never done

Im not pumping this team, or downing the 98' team. People like you just need to step off the ledge about this years' team and quit having revisionist history about 98'.

The truth is that the landscape of the SEC changed A LOT from 98' to now, and the West became the more dominant side over the East. That wasn't the case in 1998. The East was WAY better. So us winning the West in 98' was pretty much the equivalent of Missouri winning the East in 2013. Not saying it wasn't a great accomplishment, or that I am not proud of it because I am.

That doesn't change the fact that MSU took advantage of a weaker division to make a run to the SECC Game. We lost 3 regular season games to teams with a combined record of 16-17 in 1998. 2018 has lost 4 games to teams that are 32-8.

18' has been disappointing due to some really high expectations, but it's not the absolute train wreck some want to make it out to be.

PMDawg
11-14-2018, 11:14 AM
but it's not the absolute train wreck some want to make it out to be.

Which of the 4 losses were not absolute trainwrecks on the offensive side of the ball? Again, 4 losses is not necessarily the cause of concern here. Will your opinion change if we end up with 5, 6, or even 7 losses?

msstate7
11-14-2018, 11:16 AM
Which of the 4 losses were not absolute trainwrecks on the offensive side of the ball? Again, 4 losses is not necessarily the cause of concern here. Will your opinion change if we end up with 5, 6, or even 7 losses?
7, 6, 3, 0 ... that's our offensive production in losses and in order. We make fun of OM's defense, but our offense has been equally incompetent in the sec

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-14-2018, 11:51 AM

I never said there was no cause for concern. I think watching the offense at times this year there certainly is reason to be suspicious. If we lose out it will certainly test my faith, but I still don't want him fired.

But,

Having some concerns about the offense going forward, and firing a year 1 coach that will likely place third in the SEC West are two completely different things.

StateDawg44
11-14-2018, 12:12 PM
So expecting a championship run with one of our most talented teams ever is toxic????? Wow...

Yeah it's not like there are other variables that play into your statement at all. Don't pretend like it's the same team. You're only fooling yourself by doing that. Your comment neglects the fact that our D has in fact lived up to the expectations that were set. I'm not arguing that offensive play calling isn't one of the very major factors to the problem. Moorhead definitely doesn't appear to be able to adjust and work with what he has. In a sense, that is as one dimensional as our offense has been this year. And even when it does show up, it's still one dimensional (sans one or two games this season). Major problem and not arguing that. What I've said isn't that unreasonable. Sorry if that upsets you.

Expecting us to be able to coast and assuming we're the same team and will have the same or better success as last year IS toxic for reasons you've seen come to fruition this season. We don't play the same teams we played last year so why would you hold it to the same standard. Especially when we have never been a team that is historically known to finish. If you want to hang your hat on appearing in a SEC championship game and losing as MSU football's best accomplishment and get upset when someone points that out, that's on you. It's still a fact. Anyone wanting to lecture me about "that kind of mindset doesn't win championships" just keep it to yourself. Neither does assuming because we return a lot of talent we get an automatic W or this year will be easier.

How is it that you can be upset at a coach for having high expectations but not be upset at yourself for having the same expectations and acting like you were robbed of something that was never yours to begin with? That is obviously the problem with having expectations. Why would a new coach come in and change that his first year? That's is again on anyone who thought that this transition would be guaranteed success and not having some sort of reservations.

We are down 15 points in SEC games not 1 TD

Thanks for repeating what I said in a different way??? Maybe you are just responding to my comment and not acknowledging the reason I said it in response to some one else's comment.

BB30
11-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Nobody forced that SOB to say what he did today. If he is going to open his fat mouth and flatulent comes spewing out your damn right I'm going to hold him accountable. He damn sure is changing our culture from expecting to compete for championships to the reality is we have sucked since 1941 and we still do.

I think taking a step away from college sports for a while might do you some good if you get this upset over 18-22 YO throwing a ball around. Unless of course you are a player on the team then I grant you a pass for your anger and frustration since you have worked so hard in the off season etc. to have a big year.

It is one thing to be frustrated for a bit after a game it is a whole other issue when it consumes you daily throughout the season.

ScoobaDawg
11-14-2018, 02:50 PM
"I can be in the scooba squad?"

Don't think you are Elite enough.

Goldendawg
11-14-2018, 05:51 PM
I never said there was no cause for concern. I think watching the offense at times this year there certainly is reason to be suspicious. If we lose out it will certainly test my faith, but I still don't want him fired.

But,

Having some concerns about the offense going forward, and firing a year 1 coach that will likely place third in the SEC West are two completely different things.

When I was sitting in Atlanta in '98 with a lead over TN for the SEC championship late in the game, I still remember how it felt and it will always be a lot better than I feel about a 3rd place finish in the SEC West in 2018 with at best a 4-4 record.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 05:58 PM
When I was sitting in Atlanta in '98 with a lead over TN for the SEC championship late in the game, I still remember how it felt and it will always be a lot better than I feel about a 3rd place finish in the SEC West in 2018 with at best a 4-4 record.

So will this 8-4 record feel better or worse than 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017? I personally think it does feel worse than 1998, 1999, and 2014. Of course those are the only seasons at MSU that I will have seen a better season. I guess there are some people that watched 1980 or 1941 but Joe having the 10th or so best season in school isn't too shabby starting out.

Goldendawg
11-14-2018, 06:18 PM
So will this 8-4 record feel better or worse than 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017? I personally think it does feel worse than 1998, 1999, and 2014. Of course those are the only seasons at MSU that I will have seen a better season. I guess there are some people that watched 1980 or 1941 but Joe having the 10th or so best season in school isn't too shabby starting out.

We don't have 8 yet. I feel good about beating Arky, but Jo better understand the Egg Bowl game, find the offense, and be ready for an opponent that will do anything to beat us at their place or we could be in trouble.

Goldendawg
11-14-2018, 06:21 PM

Playing for the SEC Championship and being there was a better feeling than any 8-4 record since for me. Hope to be there again in the not so distant future. Jackie will always be my favorite coach until some other coach gets us there. Hail State!

Pit Bull
11-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Mississippi State......SEC Champions.....1941

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 07:56 PM
We don't have 8 yet. I feel good about beating Arky, but Jo better understand the Egg Bowl game, find the offense, and be ready for an opponent that will do anything to beat us at their place or we could be in trouble.

Very true, we definitely need to take it one game at a time but I am off the Joe Bandwagon if we can't score against the #113 Defense in the country. We should be able to run the Wildcat with Kylin and Aeris and put up 28 points. Our defense isn't giving them more than that.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 07:57 PM
Mississippi State......National Champions.....1941

Fify. Everybody else is doing it so why not us.

NCDawg
11-14-2018, 08:01 PM

Yeah, I was there, too. It was a great feeling and one that we probably will not feel again for many years.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I was there, too. It was a great feeling and one that we probably will not feel again for many years.

Nobody but Bama and Auburn have for quite a while.

Goldendawg
11-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Very true, we definitely need to take it one game at a time but I am off the Joe Bandwagon if we can't score against the #113 Defense in the country. We should be able to run the Wildcat with Kylin and Aeris and put up 28 points. Our defense isn't giving them more than that.

If Jo doesn't even have a QB sneak from under center by a 6' 5", 240 lb QB on 4th and inches in his playbook, I'm sure there is no Wildcat carries for Kylin and A Train in there either. It is a shame what has been done to our RB's this year. I know where his Bandwagon is, but a loss to UM and I no longer want a ride with him. He better be ready, OM always is and will be again. JMO.