PDA

View Full Version : Steve Shaw Must Be the Nicest Guy Of All-Time

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2018, 09:36 AM
Seriously, listening to different radio shows, has anyone ever heard of a more adored man in sports?

Every interview that I've heard about Steve Shaw start with "Steve Shaw is a first class individual & a great guy."

Good gracious.

Rule number 1 in hiring: When references talk about how great of a guy or how nice someone is before saying anything else, it usually means they aren't very good at their job.

Ask a coach about a football player: "He's a great worker & good kid" = Back off. Can't play or "He chases girls a little but man he can play & run" = Kid is really good.

Ask a coach about a baseball player" "He's a really good kid, doesn't drink, & is a leader." = Can he hit? or "Kid can really really hit. Best hitter I've coached. Also a good kid that makes good grades & keeps his nose clean." = Kid is good. Buy in.

So, when I hear about what a great guy Steve Shaw is, I'm basically hearing that the person talking is providing a soft landing for someone who sucks at their job.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2018, 09:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr49h8TXcAAnmYS.jpg:large

Coursesuper
11-13-2018, 09:49 AM
The head linesman had the best view.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2018, 09:50 AM
Unreal thread here. I suggest everyone take a look.

https://twitter.com/kylemparks/status/1061384837049839616

StateDawg44
11-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Seriously, listening to different radio shows, has anyone ever heard of a more adored man in sports?

Every interview that I've heard about Steve Shaw start with "Steve Shaw is a first class individual & a great guy."

Good gracious.

Rule number 1 in hiring: When references talk about how great of a guy or how nice someone is before saying anything else, it usually means they aren't very good at their job.

Ask a coach about a football player: "He's a great worker & good kid" = Back off. Can't play or "He chases girls a little but man he can play & run" = Kid is really good.

Ask a coach about a baseball player" "He's a really good kid, doesn't drink, & is a leader." = Can he hit? or "Kid can really really hit. Best hitter I've coached. Also a good kid that makes good grades & keeps his nose clean." = Kid is good. Buy in.

So, when I hear about what a great guy Steve Shaw is, I'm basically hearing that the person talking is providing a soft landing for someone who sucks at their job.

What on Earth are you talking about?

These generalized assumptions are just dumb.

TheDawgiLama
11-13-2018, 10:42 AM

Good gracious.

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life. - Frank Sinatra in The Manchurian Candidate

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
Thank goodness Brad Edwards isn't officiating SEC games.

Listening to him on Bo Bounds, & he's just another Bama mouthpiece. sheesh

Coursesuper
11-13-2018, 11:18 AM
Thank goodness Brad Edwards isn't officiating SEC games.

Listening to him on Bo Bounds, & he's just another Bama mouthpiece. sheesh

What you need to understand is that the conference will not take any kind of black eye on this, every talking head will come out now and talk about two shutouts and how wonder they are. They just want this to go away.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2018, 11:27 AM
What you need to understand is that the conference will not take any kind of black eye on this, every talking head will come out now and talk about two shutouts and how wonder they are. They just want this to go away.

They might not have any choice because it just isn't Miss State fans questioning it. Bo Bounds said that the media is really questioning the SEC on it and being very specific with the questions.

Mobile Bay
11-13-2018, 11:30 AM
You watch, Alabama will be called for 17 penalties against The Citadel next Saturday just to make this go away.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2018, 11:48 AM
Matt said this morning that someone on the conference office stated "would you pull an offensive lineman if he false started 3 times."

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2018, 11:48 AM
You watch, Alabama will be called for 17 penalties against The Citadel next Saturday just to make this go away.

No doubt. Gotta make sure the stats say that Bama is penalized the same.

StateDawg44
11-13-2018, 11:49 AM
In a sense that would sort of re-enforce what people are already thinking. How convenient that it's against a team they are favored by over 50 points.

No one will be watching that game besides Bammer fans so it will go unto blind eyes.

Mudhole
11-13-2018, 12:04 PM
One penalty in the last two games against arguably the two best defenses they have played. All at once the Citadel is so good they will have to commit penalties to stop them. Only bama fans will be fooled

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Matt said this morning that someone on the conference office stated "would you pull an offensive lineman if he false started 3 times."

And also as Matt said, the reaction by the conference to this will tell us everything we need to know about how the conference views us.

thf24
11-13-2018, 12:22 PM
A buddy of mine who officiates high school told me SEC officiating is very much a "good ole boys club." Supposedly, if you're not part of the club, you're actually held to an extremely high standard and can get fired for as little as one key bad call, but if you manage to attain good ole boy status, you can be as consistently shitty as you want with no repercussions. That, combined with the factors in your post yesterday, Shotgun, really makes some sense out of how these things happen.

starkvegasdawg
11-13-2018, 02:32 PM
They might not have any choice because it just isn't Miss State fans questioning it. Bo Bounds said that the media is really questioning the SEC on it and being very specific with the questions.

Why do you think Saban and his toothless flock are trying so hard to change the narrative to the "dirty" hit on Tua?

Coursesuper
11-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Why do you think Saban and his toothless flock are trying so hard to change the narrative to the "dirty" hit on Tua?

This guy gets it.