PDA

View Full Version : Be there Saturday......

Liverpooldawg
11-12-2018, 08:46 PM
It's the biggest game for MSU since at least 2014. I'm not kidding. This one is a must win. Be there.

msstate7
11-12-2018, 08:56 PM
This game is nowhere near 2015 egg bowl (sugar on line/dak's last game), bama 2017 (NY6 with win) or Florida this season (Mullen's return). I'll be there anyway, but biggest game is a joke

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2018, 09:03 PM
This game is nowhere near 2015 egg bowl (sugar on line/dak's last game), bama 2017 (NY6 with win) or Florida this season (Mullen's return). I'll be there anyway, but biggest game is a joke

If we lose to this team Moorhead should be on the chopping block. But we cant let Bama beat us twice. And given our history and the fact that everyone is still talking about what could have been could easily effect us

Captain Falcon
11-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Our fans need to be there and we need to win, but this Arkansas team is worse than the LA Tech team we beat 45-3. I?m assuming you mean we can?t afford to lose this game, but it also would?ve been awful to lose to LA Tech. This is the worst SEC team we will have played since Vandy in 2014 if not longer than that. If nothing else, be there to watch some historically great Bulldogs for the last time at home. It will be the last time we ever see Simmons, Sweat, and Fitz playing at DWS.

KOdawg1
11-12-2018, 09:27 PM
I see a big game as one that can propel us forward. A win Saturday won't do that, it'll just keep us from going backwards.

Important game? Yes. Biggest game for MSU since 2014? Nah.

bluelightstar
11-12-2018, 09:29 PM
I'll be there. But if we lose this game, Moorhead needs to pack his stuff and be gone next Friday morning.

Liverpooldawg
11-12-2018, 09:57 PM
I see a big game as one that can propel us forward. A win Saturday won't do that, it'll just keep us from going backwards.

Important game? Yes. Biggest game for MSU since 2014? Nah.

A loss in this game could send us back to the bad old days for several years. That's what makes it a huge game. its every bit as big as one that would send us to a higher level. It is probabaly bigger. It's harder to reach the top if you keep falling back to the bottom. We need to win this game.

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2018, 10:35 PM
The biggest game of the Moorhead era is next Thursday

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2018, 09:54 AM
The biggest game of the Moorhead era is next Thursday

It will be, if we win this next one first.

sleepy dawg
11-13-2018, 10:01 AM
There's like 4 games a year where everyone tries to say its the biggest game of something.

Dawgbite
11-13-2018, 10:02 AM
Do I get credit for being in the parking lot tending a grill full of ribs as long as someone uses my tickets. I just can't make smoking ribs work with a 11am kickoff.

MadDawg
11-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Do I get credit for being in the parking lot tending a grill full of ribs as long as someone uses my tickets. I just can't make smoking ribs work with a 11am kickoff.

Not judging or anything, but are the ribs more important than the game?

Howboutdemdogs
11-13-2018, 10:53 AM
All six of us will be there, but the tailgate trailer will not come out of storage. 11:00 games suck!

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2018, 11:11 AM

Exactly.

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2018, 11:14 AM
All six of us will be there, but the tailgate trailer will not come out of storage. 11:00 games suck!

I don't tailgate so I actually don't mind the 11am games personally. I like getting home by 4 or so. That being said the atmosphere is better for night games for sure. It's better for the team. We have been really lucky on that score this year. If we had to have one at least it is after it cooled off.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2018, 11:30 AM
If we lose to this team Moorhead should be on the chopping block. But we cant let Bama beat us twice. And given our history and the fact that everyone is still talking about what could have been could easily effect us

Our defense will not get beat, Arkansas doesn't have Bama's defense and we are playing at home.

Dawgbite
11-13-2018, 11:41 AM

Probably not but in this case I am committed to ribs for about 20-25 people for this game. I had three choices short of changing the menu, get up at 3am and build a fire so the ribs would be on by about 4 so they would be off by gametime, put the ribs on about 3pm after the game and then not eat til 9-10, or sacrifice going in one game and tend the smoker so that family and friends will have fresh off the smoker ribs about 5-6pm. I chose the latter. I will have the TV set up and tuned in throughout and will be able to hear the crowd and probably see the jumbotron as well. I also gifted two club level tickets to someone who will appreciate the atmosphere their first time more than I would my 50th time. It wasn't a decision taken lightly.

sleepy dawg
11-13-2018, 11:46 AM

As much as anyone sitting at the house.

Dawgbite
11-13-2018, 11:53 AM
As much as anyone sitting at the house.

No credit for setting up a tailgate friday afternoon? Nothing for attending Dawg Walk? Tough crowd!

sleepy dawg
11-13-2018, 02:52 PM
No credit for setting up a tailgate friday afternoon? Nothing for attending Dawg Walk? Tough crowd!

I was going to post a picture of the grove on game day, but I thought that might be too harsh. I went with the above comment instead.... You can get credit from your friends and family I guess, but the game is what matters. Everything else is just fluff.

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2018, 06:52 PM

Yeah, poor planning on your part. Just get a hotdog at the game man.

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2018, 06:53 PM

Yep no credit. Your either in the game setting an atmosphere or you might as well stay home. Doing nothing for the team out there dude.

Pit Bull
11-13-2018, 10:08 PM

You shouldn't be smoking ribs for a 11 am game unless you start Friday night and spend the night at your tailgate. Sausage, bacon, grits, toast, and coffee......yes, for a morning game. And be glad we play this Saturday early. I wouldn't want to be out there Sat. night freezing my butt off. Suppose to snow here in Memphis Wed. night.

Pit Bull
11-13-2018, 10:10 PM

Freezing to death at night sucks worse.

Howboutdemdogs
11-14-2018, 11:10 AM
No doubt Pit Bull.

Coursesuper
11-14-2018, 12:15 PM
Freezing to death at night sucks worse.

That's what brown water antifreeze is for.