PDA

View Full Version : John took care of it

Mudhole
11-12-2018, 03:23 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/john-cohen-alabama-officials-comments-hail-state-ad-bulldogs/

Very forceful. Of course who knows what happened behind the scenes

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-12-2018, 03:26 PM
.... ?The one thing about watching from the press box, the broadcast is about 11 seconds behind the game action. Our coaches had no ability in real time to see a replay fast enough that would have helped Coach Moorhead make that decision. It was a close call. I could see being on the field and making that call.?

BS!!! If it looks remotely close...YOU REVIEW IT!!! Especially in a game against Alabama where you need these breaks to win.

testuser
11-12-2018, 03:27 PM
he pretty much sugar coated his answers this morning...obviously understandable but nowhere near the IB

Mutt the Hoople
11-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Jonnie Tinkle

Coursesuper
11-12-2018, 03:42 PM
BS!!! If it looks remotely close...YOU REVIEW IT!!! Especially in a game against Alabama where you need these breaks to win.

You have to look at it like this; If that was us fumbling the ball there and the bammer defense comes out of there with the ball you can bet your ass that the play is reviewed. On any play that is potentially a turnover there is no reason for a coaching staff to have take a chance on a timeout. The replay officials should be competent enough to initiate a replay.

This highlights the fantastically incompetence of the officiating in the SEC as a whole.

Cloak
11-12-2018, 03:42 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/john-cohen-alabama-officials-comments-hail-state-ad-bulldogs/

What? This didn't seem forceful at all. Are you being sarcastic?

mparkerfd20
11-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Intense Bastard my ass. More like P*ssy Bastard.

MetEdDawg
11-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Do you people really think that publicly he's going to call them out? Y'all have an extremely warped view of how things really go.

It would be suicide if he called out the officials, Sankey, or anyone else publicly. It would definitely do us more harm than good. But if you think what he told them publicly in an interview is what he said to them over the phone, you are naive as hell.

Unless you guys want to change his name to Dumb Bastard, understand why he said what he said and use some common sense.

Mudhole
11-12-2018, 04:48 PM
They got punished too. We just won't know about it. According to John

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Yeah that was straight chicken shit. Get it right, cause there is no reason to play the game when these obvious plays are blown. No 17n reason at all to play the game.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2018, 04:54 PM
How about protecting our student athletes? Do you think these guys like working all year for this, dealing with injuries, having to put up with fans being asshats, for the chance to play the number 1 team in the nation, and for the GD front office purposely not get this right. Cohen needs to be on air right now with ESPN discussing it. If Saban can talk directly about that little hit Tua took, directly after the game, and for no other reason than to redirect the focus away from his undefeated season being a total shame.

Yeah Saban, I said it. Big ass * on this entire season. What is it, can't win straight up? Got to pull the ole switcheroo when you know your advantage in the game wasn't earned. What a bitch.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2018, 04:56 PM

Looks to me John didn't take care of shit.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2018, 04:59 PM
How about protecting our student athletes? Do you think these guys like working all year for this, dealing with injuries, having to put up with fans being asshats, for the chance to play the number 1 team in the nation, and for the GD front office purposely not get this right. Cohen needs to be on air right now with ESPN discussing it. If Saban can talk directly about that little hit Tua took, directly after the game, and for no other reason than to redirect the focus away from his undefeated season being a total shame.

Yeah Saban, I said it. Big ass * on this entire season. What is it, can't win straight up? Got to pull the ole switcheroo when you know your advantage in the game wasn't earned. What a bitch.

How about protecting Georgia and Oklahoma? They are sitting at five and six. They might need a little help. Not that I really care about them but what if we were sitting at five and a team in front of us was getting the calls.

What about CBS? How many times have you been watching another game and upset alert comes on and you go to that game. Imagine you watching ESPN and you see half time score Bama 21 MSU 0? You say oh well. Now imagine you are watching ESPN and you see half time score of 7 to 7 or 14 to 7. You probably going to turn the channel to see if Bama can get beat.

Howboutdemdogs
11-12-2018, 05:01 PM
But to add salt to the wound,,,,,,why in the hell is there an Ole Piss BB ticket ad in the middle of the article. That's why I don't pay any attention to SDS and whatever their Shart loving reporters have to say or write.

Even though John has to do his job and play in the SEC political arena, he is still a fierce competitor and Bulldog inside. He just knows when he can show that side and when to hide it for the good of the University. Flying off the handle and showing his ass will do no good for us or anyone, and it will not accomplish anything.

HaggardDawg
11-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Relax guys, Mr Cohen has all the faith in the world in the league office. Those egregious calls the other night were just "unfortunate".

Todd4State
11-12-2018, 05:11 PM
I disagree 100% with Cohen that the officials have to be protected. By protecting them it only makes it look like a sham and that there may be something to the SEC protecting Alabama. They're grown men and they need to be able to deal with the consequences of being subpar. On top of that- calling some of those idiots out publicly will probably make them work twice as hard to be good at their job so that they can avoid public ridicule.

maroonmania
11-12-2018, 05:21 PM
This highlights the fantastically incompetence of the officiating in the SEC as a whole.

No, what it highlights is the ridiculous bias for Alabama among officiating crews in the SEC. They are not incompetent, they got the EXACT result they wanted. What's incompetent about that? If we are playing any other team in the league that play is reviewed 100 out of 100 times. I'm sick of people saying these calls happen because of incompetence. That's bogus. If it was incompetence you would see bad calls like that going both ways, even against Alabama. But alas, THEY DON"T! There is an agenda to it. No, I don't think there are back room conspiracy meetings but the officials do carry out the league bias for Bama on the field and will continue to do so.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2018, 05:23 PM
No, what it highlights is the ridiculous bias for Alabama among officiating crews in the SEC. They are not incompetent, they got the EXACT result they wanted. What's incompetent about that? If we are playing any other team in the league that play is reviewed 100 out of 100 times. I'm sick of people saying these calls happen because of incompetence. That's bogus. If it was incompetence you would see bad calls like that going both ways, even against Alabama. But alas, THEY DON"T! There is an agenda to it. No, I don't think there are back room conspiracy meetings but the officials do carry out the league bias for Bama on the field and will continue to do so.

They are incompetent because they did not do a good job of hiding it. In fact if any punishment is dish out it will be because they got caught.

Coursesuper
11-12-2018, 05:28 PM
They are incompetent because they did not do a good job of hiding it. In fact if any punishment is dish out it will be because they got caught.

If there is any punishment I will be absolutely shocked, they will stretch things to the nth degree to cover the officiating in the league.

Todd4State
11-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Here's what really happened.

Cohen called the SEC office and Shaw and Sankey reminded him how much money MSU was going to get for Alabama winning the National Championship and then told him that if he didn't play nice punishment was going to come.

AROB44
11-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Do you people really think that publicly he's going to call them out? Y'all have an extremely warped view of how things really go.

It would be suicide if he called out the officials, Sankey, or anyone else publicly. It would definitely do us more harm than good. But if you think what he told them publicly in an interview is what he said to them over the phone, you are naive as hell.

Unless you guys want to change his name to Dumb Bastard, understand why he said what he said and use some common sense.

Does not apply to message boards.