PDA

View Full Version : This officiating stuff has been going on for quite a while

Mudhole
11-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Found this article from 2014? Isn't that the year of the first cfp?

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-tennessee-sec-officiating-replay-review-102514

msbulldog
11-12-2018, 01:21 PM
2014 was the first year. That was the year MSU was the first #1 in the first CFP poll, which we held for 5 weeks.

gravedigger
11-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Found this article from 2014? Isn't that the year of the first cfp?

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-tennessee-sec-officiating-replay-review-102514

I don?t remember the grounding call, but I?m not surprised it happened. What strikes me as funny is he?s talking about an extra booth person helping. Hell, all ours went to the 17ing bathroom during the fumble

Coursesuper
11-12-2018, 01:54 PM
I don?t remember the grounding call, but I?m not surprised it happened. What strikes me as funny is he?s talking about an extra booth person helping. Hell, all ours went to the 17ing bathroom during the fumble

He's not talking about a booth person per say, I take that as he's saying that there is communication from someone outside the stadium thru the booth to the officials on the field. Now that would be a real problem.

thf24
11-12-2018, 02:00 PM
People have been point out a suspiciously low number of holding calls against them almost as long as Saban has been there. I think it was as much as a 6-7 game stretch one season in the early 2010's during which they didn't have a single holding call.

thf24
11-12-2018, 02:12 PM
He's not talking about a booth person per say, I take that as he's saying that there is communication from someone outside the stadium thru the booth to the officials on the field. Now that would be a real problem.

The PAC-12 had an incident earlier this season where a replay crew member blew the whistle on a conference official not part of the crew who was present in the replay room and overruled a call during a game (can't remember which). Not SEC, but it shows this kind of thing could very easily be happening on a larger scale.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Look, birmingham has the override. They can stop a play, even after the snap to review the previous play. No one thought a possible fumble was a scenario where the play should be stopped. literally dozens of people was watching our game, that could have stopped it. None did. Their entire victory is in question. Not to mention the block in the back that never happened. It NEVER HAPPENED. Dude didn't even touch him.