PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 Bowl Projections for MSU - Citrus or Belk

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2018, 11:55 AM
ESPN has us this week in either the Citrus or Belk Bowl. Hard to see either of those but we have been in the Belk before so who knows. Citrus would be the best result possible and only if we end up the highest ranking outside of the NY6 Bowls. I am not seeing that unless either UF or UK shit the bed down the stretch against crap teams.

Mizzou in the Music City at either 7-5 or 8-4 - they were in Texas last year so either the Liberty or Music City is closest to them. UT vs Mizzou could determine who goes here.

UT in the Independence - I would think if they get to 7-5 then Music City or Liberty would want them if not a bigger bowl for the attendance.

Vandy - not getting in unless they beat UM and get in at 5-7 for APR or 6-6 beating UT. If that happens then Birmingham or Independence. ESPN has them left at home.

South Carolina - probably finishing 7-5. ESPN has them Liberty or Gator. I am not sure why Belk wouldn't be the destination since they are the closest school and have never been there.

UK - 9-3 finish unless disaster hits. ESPN has them in the Citrus or Outback. Hard to see them falling outside of Citrus, Outback, or Gator.

UF - same as UK. ESPN has them in Outback or Belk. Weird place to have them. Outback I can see but Belk is odd. Also why they wouldn't be up for the Citrus over us with a higher ranking or the Gator?

UGA - Sugar Bowl - assumes loss to Bama with Clemson, ND, and Michigan in playoff.

West

Bama - Playoff duh

LSU - Peach Bowl.

MSU - Citrus or Belk - Why the Belk?

A&M - 7-5 most likely. Texas or Liberty Bowl. Both the closest to A&M.

Auburn - 7-5 unless they bring their own refs. Gator or Texas.

Ole Miss - toilet bowl where they belong. 17 the ankle breakers.

So the ESPN Bowl Predictions are:

Playoff: Bama
Peach: LSU
Sugar: UGA
Citrus: UK or MSU
Outback: UK or UF
Gator: Auburn or SC
Music City: Mizzou
Belk: UF or MSU
Liberty: A&M or SC
Texas: A&M or Auburn
Independence: UT

Matty Dispatch
11-12-2018, 12:34 PM
So ESPN says the Citrus might pick us over Florida....or is it that the Outback refuses MSU no matter what and the Gator doesn't want us again so Citrus it is? Seems like Florida would go to the Citrus, UK to the Gator and State to the Outback and that might work for everyone. South Carolina to the Belk and Mizzou to the Liberty make a ton of sense geographically and neither has been to those bowls.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2018, 12:44 PM
In reality every school gets a taste of the bowl money. With that said if it is not NY6 bowl I don't care and since I don't care Liberty would be the easiest for me. I do not want to go to Florida again and I do not want to go to NC. I do give Belk Credit for how they do the gifts for the teams. Giving them the maximum allowed gift card and then discounting everything in the store to almost nothing.

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2018, 12:46 PM
So ESPN says the Citrus might pick us over Florida....or is it that the Outback refuses MSU no matter what and the Gator doesn't want us again so Citrus it is? Seems like Florida would go to the Citrus, UK to the Gator and State to the Outback and that might work for everyone. South Carolina to the Belk and Mizzou to the Liberty make a ton of sense geographically and neither has been to those bowls.

I 100% agree with those choices and that leaves AU or UT to the Music City. It seems like those would be the best choices for attendance. I have no clue why ESPN doesn't have South Carolina to either the Belk or Music City.

Have either UF or UK in Citrus or Gator. Get us into the Outback since we have never been and Gator is out. We took a big crowd to our first Gator Bowl and it is farther than the Outback from MS.

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2018, 12:48 PM
In reality every school gets a taste of the bowl money. With that said if it is not NY6 bowl I don't care and since I don't care Liberty would be the easiest for me. I do not want to go to Florida again and I do not want to go to NC. I do give Belk Credit for how they do the gifts for the teams. Giving them the maximum allowed gift card and then discounting everything in the store to almost nothing.

Belk was actually a great bowl to go to. Charlotte is an awesome city but I don't want to go back over going to other bowls. Citrus or Outback is my preference but Liberty is the only other one I could go to.

Johnson85
11-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Anybody predicting us to the citrus right now can be ignored. That would require that U.K. And UF make the NY6 or that they get passed over for an MSU team that lost to them.

We are going to the pool of 6. We can be pretty sure we won't go to gator again. I don't think we'll go to belk. But they're all on the table.

crackerjax
11-12-2018, 01:33 PM
I realize the original post is only conveying ESPN?s projections, but more media outlets are projecting State to the Outback. I would love the Outback with a potential matchup against Penn State or Michigan State. But at this point the only bowl game our group has no interest in is the Texas Bowl.

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2018, 02:19 PM
I realize the original post is only conveying ESPN?s projections, but more media outlets are projecting State to the Outback. I would love the Outback with a potential matchup against Penn State or Michigan State. But at this point the only bowl game our group has no interest in is the Texas Bowl.

Yes, someone on sixpack has a running consensus of all the the bowl predictions. I just use ESPN since they should have a good feel since they are the ones who put it on TV.

I don't think we go to the Citrus over a 9-3 UF or UK. Going to the Citrus means that UF lost to FSU and UK lost to MTSU or Louisville. If either of those things happen then we are probably going to the Citrus.

Other than the Citrus, my #1 pick is Outback. My wife and I can go to the Outback, Citrus, or Liberty so it is completely selfish but those are my picks. I don't think we are going to the Gator due to the amount of times there.

I don't see Belk because we have been there before and it is almost the farthest bowl we could travel to.

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Anybody predicting us to the citrus right now can be ignored. That would require that U.K. And UF make the NY6 or that they get passed over for an MSU team that lost to them.

We are going to the pool of 6. We can be pretty sure we won't go to gator again. I don't think we'll go to belk. But they're all on the table.

I don't think we get into the Citrus unless UF and UK lose a game or the SEC office says sorry for 17ing you in the Bama game.