PDA

View Full Version : I Gotta Say: Matt Wyatt's Takes This Morning Are Fantastic

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2018, 11:35 AM
I'm sure Wyatt has had other great moments, like at Auburn, but his takes this morning on the officiating are IMO the brightest spot of his broadcast career.

His opinions are well thought out and spot on.

His differentiation between refs not throwing flags being different than calling things that DID NOT HAPPEN is spot on and fantastic commentary.

We give Matt a lot of crap at times, but he's earning his money today.

BeardoMSU
11-12-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm sure Wyatt has had other great moments, like at Auburn, but his takes this morning on the officiating are IMO the brightest spot of his broadcast career.

His differentiation between refs not throwing flags being different than calling things that DID NOT HAPPEN is spot on and fantastic commentary.

Matt has found his true calling. His podcasts and youtube videos are great. He's really impressed me since leaving H2H.

EdDawg
11-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Link?

msbulldog
11-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Link?

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/matt-wyatt-2/the-matt-wyatt-podcast/e/56820509

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2018, 02:17 PM
BTW, Jeff Batts, the guy that threw the block in the back call, has been on the crew that reffed the MSU/Bama game 4 of the last 5 years.

2014 - https://hailstate.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3487&path=football

2015 - https://hailstate.com/boxscore.aspx?id=3718&path=football

2017 - https://hailstate.com/boxscore.aspx?id=5366&path=football

2018 -

WPDawg
11-12-2018, 02:45 PM

Good job by Matt in relaying how most of the MSU fanbase feels. In a level headed response.

Some time during 2rd or 3rd qtr of Saturday's game at Bryant Denny, the jumbotron asked fans to text vote for the best Bama pass play in MSU-Bama series and then showed three different video play clips. Would it be to crass for us next year when Bama comes to town to have on our own Jumbotron poll and have fans vote on the worst Official's call in MSU-Bama series and show about 10 clips.........?

Commercecomet24
11-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Good job by Matt in relaying how most of the MSU fanbase feels. In a level headed response.

Some time during 2rd or 3rd qtr of Saturday's game at Bryant Denny, the jumbotron asked fans to text vote for the best Bama pass play in MSU-Bama series and then showed three different video play clips. Would it be to crass for us next year when Bama comes to town to have on our own Jumbotron poll and have fans vote on the worst Official's call in MSU-Bama series and show about 10 clips.........?

Just 10?***

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2018, 04:58 PM

That would be a good one. I would get behind this.

Coursesuper
11-12-2018, 05:10 PM

This is something that I can get behind, it's in jest but gets the point across.