PDA

View Full Version : Fumble

Mudhole
11-11-2018, 07:11 PM
When there is a fumble in a football game, where it isn't clear if the player was down, I thought the referees called it a fumble on the side of caution, then reviewed it to see if it was really a fumble or not. Or do I have that wrong. As far as there being no whistle on the delay of game, I'm pretty sure if nick had thrown a pick, no flag would have been thrown

RougeDawg
11-11-2018, 07:12 PM
There were multiple plays no flag was thrown until the outcome of the play was known to negatively impact Bama. Some plays I never saw a flag at all. We have to

bluelightstar
11-11-2018, 07:16 PM
I was there, the back judge threw his flag and was running up for the delay of game before Fitz got the snap off. There were a lot of officiating fails, but I don't think the delay of game was really one.

EdDawg
11-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Was the fumble play blown dead quickly? I don't remember hearing a whistle until our players had the ball. If he was down the whistle should have blown before our guys got up with the ball.

parabrave
11-11-2018, 09:32 PM
When there is a fumble in a football game, where it isn't clear if the player was down, I thought the referees called it a fumble on the side of caution, then reviewed it to see if it was really a fumble or not. Or do I have that wrong. As far as there being no whistle on the delay of game, I'm pretty sure if nick had thrown a pick, no flag would have been thrown

You are correct. That goes for catches, Touchdowns and turnoves.

Martianlander
11-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Bama is going to get all the calls. SEC wants them in the championship game for the money.

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2018, 09:19 AM
The first fumble was close and normally the officials that are tasked with review signal down that they are reviewing it and to stop play. The 2nd fumble the refs blew the play dead when our guy started running with the ball, same as Auburn last year. In both instances we should have had the ball at the point of the fumble. Reverse the jersey and it would have happened, SEC was taking no chances that Bama might lose.

The delay of game was 100% on Fitz but I didn't see a flag until after the play. I think it was really loud at that time so might have missed the whistle.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2018, 10:09 AM
I am 100% sure if it was State running the ball and that fumble took place exactly the way it did the turn over sack would have been thrown.

Duckdog
11-12-2018, 10:21 AM
The first fumble was close and normally the officials that are tasked with review signal down that they are reviewing it and to stop play. The 2nd fumble the refs blew the play dead when our guy started running with the ball, same as Auburn last year. In both instances we should have had the ball at the point of the fumble. Reverse the jersey and it would have happened, SEC was taking no chances that Bama might lose.

The delay of game was 100% on Fitz but I didn't see a flag until after the play. I think it was really loud at that time so might have missed the whistle.
Joe was asking for a timeout on the delay of game. Of course the ref didn't see it. WE GOT HOSED BOYS

Tbonewannabe
11-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Joe was asking for a timeout on the delay of game. Of course the ref didn't see it. WE GOT HOSED BOYS

Was it the Bama game a few years ago that Dan was yelling and signaling for a TO like 1 foot from the refs head and he claimed he didn't see or hear it?

WinningIsRelentless
11-12-2018, 01:46 PM

That timeout was on Joe lazy ass for not running on the field calling it.

yjnkdawg
11-12-2018, 03:24 PM
That timeout was on Joe lazy ass for not running on the field calling it.

Then they would probably have hit him with a penalty. He was running down the sidelines hollering and the refs didn't even look his way.

yjnkdawg
11-12-2018, 03:29 PM
The replay officials in the SEC Office could have reviewed that fumble play, but no they didn't. If the situation was switched around, I'm pretty positive that review would have been initiated immediately.

WinningIsRelentless
11-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Then they would probably have hit him with a penalty. He was running down the sidelines hollering and the refs didn't even look his way.

He clearly wasn?t running down the sideline, go watch the replay.

dantheman4248
11-12-2018, 05:32 PM
I was there, the back judge threw his flag and was running up for the delay of game before Fitz got the snap off. There were a lot of officiating fails, but I don't think the delay of game was really one.

I had figured this was the case, but the view on TV and the fact the whistle isn’t heard until Nick is in his throwing motion on TV lends us to believe otherwise. Watch a replay and you’ll see where (especially right after we were just screwed) State fans would believe the latter.