PDA

View Full Version : How many points do we need to score over the next 2

MetEdDawg
11-11-2018, 04:27 PM
To make the naysayers feel better about Moorhead?

Would 90 total points be enough? Do we need to break the 100 mark? Just want to see what needs to be done over the next 2 weeks. I don't think we will have any issues winning the games. I think the vitriol of the Egg Bowl is gone and now players just have to play.

So if we win both how many points would we need to score in order for the Moorhead haters to even think about reconsidering?

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Eighty bajillion thousand million probably.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 04:42 PM
30 and dominate both teams will make me feel much better. Both defenses are horrible though, so I want us to draw a good defense for the bowl. In that bowl with a month to prepare, I wanna see us execute well and score points. If this happens, I will feel much better going into Moorhead year 2

Really Clark?
11-11-2018, 04:46 PM
For me the actual points depend on how we are playing. Just saying 35+ points each game is not taking in count what we are trying to do in that game. I can see us trying to limit OM touches by grinding out the game and scoring 30-35 but also limiting their touches. I know they are both giving up 38 & 42 points per game in conference but we don’t have to match that exactly.

What is the floor for you to be concerned with our offense and HC?

bluelightstar
11-11-2018, 04:47 PM
To me, it's less about scoring (although I want to see that) and more about competence and flow. I don't want to see a disorganized mess, I don't want to see QB1 still clueless about the play at 2 seconds on the play clock. I want to see the coach decide if QB1 isn't going to make the right reads in the RPO game (including when to hand off), he's going to call plays that take the decision away. Given the teams we're playing against, *that* should result in scoring anyway.

MetEdDawg
11-11-2018, 04:52 PM
For me the actual points depend on how we are playing. Just saying 35+ points each game is not taking in count what we are trying to do in that game. I can see us trying to limit OM touches by grinding out the game and scoring 30-35 but also limiting their touches. I know they are both giving up 38 & 42 points per game in conference but we don’t have to match that exactly.

What is the floor for you to be concerned with our offense and HC?

I'm gonna be concerned if we can't get into the 30s. Those 2 teams suck and we should put up points. I want to win the games obviously. But we should score in the 30s in both games. If not I'll be concerned even if we win. Arkansas has given up less than 30 in 4 games. Two were to Tulsa and Eastern Illinois. Other 2 were TAMU and LSU.

Ole Miss has given up less than 30 to only UL Monroe, Texas Tech, and Kent State.

We should put up 30 points against both teams. If we don't I'll be upset.

Dawgfan77
11-11-2018, 05:07 PM
To make the naysayers feel better about Moorhead?

Would 90 total points be enough? Do we need to break the 100 mark? Just want to see what needs to be done over the next 2 weeks. I don't think we will have any issues winning the games. I think the vitriol of the Egg Bowl is gone and now players just have to play.

So if we win both how many points would we need to score in order for the Moorhead haters to even think about reconsidering?

Why do continue to defend Joe? It?s no different than the slytanic and dude it ain?t gonna get any better. No players, no qb, it?s just not. Listen. The QB has to many reads the WRs have to many reads and the OL is confused. Take into consideration that all this has to take place against the best talent in the country week to week.
Our record has more to do with how good our defense is than the bright spots of our offense. Nothing is going to change as long as he is here. He has no clue what?s wrong and you can just tell in his body language he is utterly frustrated and confused about what?s going on.
I lost all faith in him after watching UK, but if I?m honest it was a bad fit day one It?s an awkward hire for us

No need to keep posting all this nonsense it?s just not going to work. I?d be surprised if we don?t make OM defense look good and end up 7-5. 6-6 is still doable with this cluster

Really Clark?
11-11-2018, 05:13 PM
I'm gonna be concerned if we can't get into the 30s. Those 2 teams suck and we should put up points. I want to win the games obviously. But we should score in the 30s in both games. If not I'll be concerned even if we win. Arkansas has given up less than 30 in 4 games. Two were to Tulsa and Eastern Illinois. Other 2 were TAMU and LSU.

Ole Miss has given up less than 30 to only UL Monroe, Texas Tech, and Kent State.

We should put up 30 points against both teams. If we don't I'll be upset.

Reasonable and we are not very far apart with what we want to see the next 2 games

MetEdDawg
11-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Why do continue to defend Joe? It?s no different than the slytanic and dude it ain?t gonna get any better. No players, no qb, it?s just not. Listen. The QB has to many reads the WRs have to many reads and the OL is confused. Take into consideration that all this has to take place against the best talent in the country week to week.
Our record has more to do with how good our defense is than the bright spots of our offense. Nothing is going to change as long as he is here. He has no clue what?s wrong and you can just tell in his body language he is utterly frustrated and confused about what?s going on.
I lost all faith in him after watching UK, but if I?m honest it was a bad fit day one It?s an awkward hire for us

No need to keep posting all this nonsense it?s just not going to work. I?d be surprised if we don?t make OM defense look good and end up 7-5. 6-6 is still doable with this cluster

If I got judged on my long term ability based on my first year as a teacher my ass not only would have been fired but so would every other teacher ever.

The bigger problem here is that people are judging Moorhead's future based on 10 games and their own preconceived notions on where we should be. 10 games in and now he's Croom?? That's idiotic at best.

I have no problem with folks being concerned. None. But to say Moorhead is the wrong guy and will never succeed? You don't have enough data points to say that.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 05:22 PM
If I got judged on my long term ability based on my first year as a teacher my ass not only would have been fired but so would every other teacher ever.

The bigger problem here is that people are judging Moorhead's future based on 10 games and their own preconceived notions on where we should be. 10 games in and now he's Croom?? That's idiotic at best.

I have no problem with folks being concerned. None. But to say Moorhead is the wrong guy and will never succeed? You don't have enough data points to say that.

If you took over a class that rated avg to good the previous year,avg'd under your guidance, they went to the worst academic performance in the district, you'd be on a red hot seat. That's exactly what Moorhead has done with our offense

Hambone
11-11-2018, 05:35 PM
You’re right Mullen continually beat all the top ranked teams we played..... Jesus

MetEdDawg
11-11-2018, 05:40 PM
If you took over a class that rated avg to good the previous year,avg'd under your guidance, they went to the worst academic performance in the district, you'd be on a red hot seat. That's exactly what Moorhead has done with our offense

Wrong. I had to do that in my career. The person I replaced was a 20 year teacher in my subject. That's not Mullen's 9 but similar. I had taught before at a poorer demographic school and then after 1 year moved to a 7A school from a 5A school. 850 kids to almost 2,000.

I was worse than the person I replaced. It was rough because I was new but even though I had a year experience before this, I now had better kids, better facilities, and better support. But I struggled my first year at my new school learning how to use those new resources and refining my style while also understanding the culture I was walking into.

But I showed glimpses of improving my style, of making adjustments, and utilizing my tools. My growth from year 1 at my new school to year 2 was insane. That's what I'm seeing in Moorhead. Year 1 here he's struggled. Glimpses of what we could be, but he's still figuring out what we have and how to use it. Even though he's been an HC before he still has to figure out these resources and how he's going to adapt his philosophy to the already established culture. It's rough sometimes. You fail miserably some days. Year 2 might be the same because of what we lose but I expect to see a great improvement in competency.

We go 9-4 this year. May go the same next year. Question is do we look better doing it? That's what I'm looking for.

Really Clark?
11-11-2018, 05:42 PM
You’re right Mullen continually beat all the top ranked teams we played..... Jesus

What has that have to do with the OP concerning points in the next 2 games?

bulldawg28
11-11-2018, 05:51 PM

???? Every Qb has multiple reads. Every WR has multiple rewards. OL confusion based on identification by both OL and Qb. The kids need to learn to play better.

Bothrops
11-11-2018, 06:35 PM
We just need to take care of business next week. OM game will likely be tough with Luke feeling like he's coaching for his life.

DogsofAnarchy
11-11-2018, 07:07 PM
We will have to score 28 to beat Arkansas and 38 to beat Ole Miss.

Hambone
11-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Wait, BAMA just scored 24 on ya but you’re telling me Ole Miss and Arkansas will score more than that?? Delusional

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Win both games. Point blank period. We are better than both on both sides. If he loses to either one of these he should be on the hot seat and I would have no problem cutting ties with him if that decision was made.

Damn the outside perspective. What in the hell has worrying about the outside perspective ever done for MSU??

Todd4State
11-12-2018, 01:38 AM
???? Every Qb has multiple reads. Every WR has multiple rewards. OL confusion based on identification by both OL and Qb. The kids need to learn to play better.

THANK YOU! At some point the player also have to be held accountable too.

We just need to take care of business next week. OM game will likely be tough with Luke feeling like he's coaching for his life.

Luke isn't going anywhere unless we beat them 70-0 and they freak out.

But to answer the question- I want to see at least 35. With our defense that should be more than enough to win.

Every coach deserves to get a chance to get their players in though. Remember how bad Cohen looked the first TWO years? If a coach isn't performing after bringing in their own players to implement their system THEN I would have a problem. Especially in football where the offense is so dependent on the QB.

MagicDawg
11-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Listen. The QB has to many reads the WRs have to many reads and the OL is confused. Take into consideration that all this has to take place against the best talent in the country week to week.

I'm trying to be optimistic but reading the above, all I could hear was this:

"The quarterback and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey, it's only week eleven." -- Jack Cristil