PDA

View Full Version : The cfp is a sham

Mudhole
11-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Look, I usually don't post on here. I just read the posts. I probably won't post again, but I just had to this time. The college football playoff is a sham. It is not about the best four teams (see TCU a few years back). It is not about winning a conference championship (see Bama, penn state). It is all about tv revenue. The number of tvs thatbare tuned in. This is what they will always put into the play offs.

1 . Alabama
2. Ohio State, or Michigan
3. Someone from the east coast
4. Notre Dame.

That fourth team has always been a dilemma because Notre Dame has been so bad as of late. They would love to have USC too I think, but they have been too bad lately too. So they settled in on Oklahoma. But this year, unless Notre Dame collapses they got what they want. The officiating will become neutral once these teams get to the cfp. They don't actually care who wins it, only who gets in.

This is the way it is. ESPN is running the college sports world. Believe it or not.

Cooterpoot
11-11-2018, 08:40 AM
You left out Texas. They tried to bump them in there even after losing to Maryland. I refuse to pull for any blue blood team. I’ll pull for UCF before I do.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 08:47 AM
Who have they left out in the 4 years that you thought should've been in there?

As a state fan, I like the committee... no poll has given us respect like they have

Mudhole
11-11-2018, 09:02 AM
I think TCU deserved a shot in 2014. once you get to the playoffs, anything could happen. Go back and look at who gets in since its inception. Alabama is the ultimate winner for them. Half the country, bandwagon Bama fans who just want To claim they pull for a winner, tune in to watch them win, the other half tunes in hoping they see them lose. It's all about fan base and population interest. The all mighty dollar. That's what it's about.

Bass Chaser
11-11-2018, 09:26 AM
The committee is a sham because there are two different analytical guys that get the poll within one spot every week.

Ari Gold
11-11-2018, 09:35 AM
The CFP worse nightmare this year will be
An undefeated ND
A one loss Michigan
A one loss Oklahoma
An undefeated Clemson
And if UGA upsets Bama in Atl making them both 12-1

Good luck in getting those 4 teams.....

dawgday166
11-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Refs are biased in CFP too. Check out all 3 Clemson vs Bama games last 3 years and Bama vs GA last year too.

dawgday166
11-11-2018, 09:37 AM
An undefeated ND
A one loss Michigan
A one loss Oklahoma
An undefeated Clemson

Bama will get in regardless cause of the "eye test".

msstate7
11-11-2018, 09:37 AM
An undefeated ND
A one loss Michigan
A one loss Oklahoma
An undefeated Clemson

Nd, Clemson, Michigan, Georgia

No way they justify anything else

Activated Alpha
11-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Pretty sure michigan hasn't been in the CFP. This will be the first year if they do.