msstate7
11-11-2018, 01:46 AM
5-5 now. They've got to make a move.

CJDAWG85
11-11-2018, 01:54 AM
Heupel?

Collins?

Mullen?

Not sure who could handle this job right now?

msstate7
11-11-2018, 02:05 AM
Here's who I would call (no order)...

Frost - he won't leave, but I'd try

Bob stoops - who knows if he'd come back, but it's worth a call

Lincoln Riley - again, doubtful he'd leave, but worth a try

James Franklin - seems to be catching some flack at penn state, but he's a really good coach that would probably kill it at usc

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 02:23 AM
5-5 now. They've got to make a move.

I'm the resident USC fan here.....and I have no idea. Go get Pete! Lol. I thought Coach O did a hell of a job as an interim. It's obvious Helton ain't the guy. Sark was the guy, but he couldn't stay sober. Don't even mention the Goat boy.

parabrave
11-11-2018, 03:38 AM
I'm sure Lane has learned his lesson.

Dawgfan77
11-11-2018, 08:53 AM
Here you go. Most outlandish post don
Franklin goes to USC.... Penn State fans love them some slowMo.. SloMo to Pennsylvania state university......

Would make my thanksgiving and Christmas

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 09:12 AM
I'm the resident USC fan here.....and I have no idea. Go get Pete! Lol. I thought Coach O did a hell of a job as an interim. It's obvious Helton ain't the guy. Sark was the guy, but he couldn't stay sober. Don't even mention the Goat boy.

Nope you aren't the resident USC fan. Sark isn't drunk anymore so they could hire him away from the Falcons. Watch them go get Ken Briles and win a billion games while everyone else is worried about how bad his daddy would make them look.

Gutter Cobreh
11-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Here's who I would call (no order)...

Frost - he won't leave, but I'd try

Bob stoops - who knows if he'd come back, but it's worth a call

Lincoln Riley - again, doubtful he'd leave, but worth a try

James Franklin - seems to be catching some flack at penn state, but he's a really good coach that would probably kill it at usc

No Bill Clarke? There is another thread on the board where you're pumping so much sunshine up that guy's ass - you'd think he was Knute Rockne reincarnated. Yet, he's not good enough to be listed for a potential HC vacancy that you imagined up?

Also, before you say it's the West Coast and he wouldn't succeed - good coaches win anywhere.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 09:34 AM
No Bill Clarke? There is another thread on the board where you're pumping so much sunshine up that guy's ass - you'd think he was Knute Rockne reincarnated. Yet, he's not good enough to be listed for a potential HC vacancy that you imagined up?

Also, before you say it's the West Coast and he wouldn't succeed - good coaches win anywhere.

I'm just gonna let this go, and suggest you read that thread again. My only comment on Clarke was who was his best win this season. I accept your apology in advance lol

KOdawg1
11-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Franklin goes to USC.... Penn State fans love them some slowMo.. SloMo to Pennsylvania state university......

Yep. Franklin to USC. JoMo to Penn State. Then maybe we can go get a real coach.

Dawgfan77
11-11-2018, 10:12 AM
Yep. Franklin to USC. JoMo to Penn State. Then maybe we can go get a real coach.
I was only half joking but damn that would be the best thing to happen to MSU. I?m sure metdawg will tell me how stupid I am or coach 007 who in fact maybe sly croom in disguise will tell me how Saban and Kirby did their first year.
In my 40 years of football. Joe is the third worst hire we have made. 1. Sly 2.joe 3 rocky. Rocky recruited some damn players

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 10:19 AM

Idk if it's just wishful thinking but everyone links Franklin to every job that opens. Dude looks pretty happy in happy valley to me.

dawgday166
11-11-2018, 10:26 AM
I was only half joking but damn that would be the best thing to happen to MSU. I?m sure metdawg will tell me how stupid I am or coach 007 who in fact maybe sly croom in disguise will tell me how Saban and Kirby did their first year.
In my 40 years of football. Joe is the third worst hire we have made. 1. Sly 2.joe 3 rocky. Rocky recruited some damn players

Dammit I hope Joe gets his act together. Mainly cause I hope to keep Shoop and his staff for a while. They've done a phenomenal job. The amount of improvement from the FL game to now is outstanding IMO. We are talented on D, but not as talented as how we're playing on the backend. Shoop and his staff can create excellent gameplans, but also can call an outstanding game and make in game adjustments too. For some reason Joe can't do that. Joe is like Dan ... I have my plan and it should be working cause I'm the smartest mfer out here, and I'm gonna keep doing it till it does work.

Ari Gold
11-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Franklin isn’t going to USC.
And based on the last few coaches at the once almighty Trojans who ****ing knows who they go after but odds are it will be a failure.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Idk if it's just wishful thinking but everyone links Franklin to every job that opens. Dude looks pretty happy in happy valley to me.

I don't know how happy or unhappy Franklin is, but a chance to be at a premier program and not have to deal with harbaugh, dantonio, and urban in the same division has to at least merit listening

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Nope you aren't the resident USC fan. Sark isn't drunk anymore so they could hire him away from the Falcons. Watch them go get Ken Briles and win a billion games while everyone else is worried about how bad his daddy would make them look.

Lol, you are getting predictable. Fight On! They won't hire Sark again.

tcdog70
11-11-2018, 10:58 AM
They made big mistake not keeping O.

coachnorm
11-11-2018, 03:38 PM
I want to introduce some info to fellow Elite Doggers. First I would like to state that USC is not a university at heart, USC is a money making cooperation for its owners being managed by a Board Of Trustees. Sports are not an important asset in the eyes of the true ownership of the cooperation. Southern California has never made an elite hire in its history. Even Pete Carroll was not elite at the time of its hire. USC is interested in global cooperate expansion for the purpose of profit making for its ownership being managed by its B.O.T., that is why the band is sent to places like London, Rome, Shanghai, and Buenos Aires etc? USC does not support athletics with passion because it is a distraction from its cooperate vision. In spite of athletic indifference, USC jacked up its tuition profoundly when Pete Carroll brought hype to the cooperation? Also in spite of athletic indifference, USC is poised to cash in huge profits from "World Cup" and "Olympics" when they come calling?

NCDawg
11-11-2018, 03:48 PM

Would make a lot MS State fans happy right now.

Bothrops
11-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Would make a lot MS State fans happy right now.

So we could lose our recruiting class and hire another coach that would have similar results in year one??

Quaoarsking
11-11-2018, 06:11 PM
USC hired its current coach from Florida Gulf Coast, and he had no ties to the West Coast or to college basketball at all other than his 2 years at FGCU.

So I'll throw out a random guess and say Lance Leipold of Buffalo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Leipold

RougeDawg
11-11-2018, 07:47 PM
So we could lose our recruiting class and hire another coach that would have similar results in year one??

A wet paper bag on the sidelines would be 7-3 right now at worse. Probably 8-2. Any poster on this board could be completely inebraiaged for all 10 of the games we have played this season and had 7 or 8 wins. I think that?s why everyone is pissed. We threw away one of our best teams ever and are struggling to 8 wins.

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 09:33 PM
USC hired its current coach from Florida Gulf Coast, and he had no ties to the West Coast or to college basketball at all other than his 2 years at FGCU.

So I'll throw out a random guess and say Lance Leipold of Buffalo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Leipold

Their self made millionaire coach married to the supermodel screamed Hollywood when FGCU was making its run in the tourney. That was a match made in heaven and USC saw it.

msbulldog
11-12-2018, 09:02 AM
I want to introduce some info to fellow Elite Doggers. First I would like to state that USC is not a university at heart, USC is a money making cooperation for its owners being managed by a Board Of Trustees. Sports are not an important asset in the eyes of the true ownership of the cooperation. Southern California has never made an elite hire in its history. Even Pete Carroll was not elite at the time of its hire. USC is interested in global cooperate expansion for the purpose of profit making for its ownership being managed by its B.O.T., that is why the band is sent to places like London, Rome, Shanghai, and Buenos Aires etc? USC does not support athletics with passion because it is a distraction from its cooperate vision. In spite of athletic indifference, USC jacked up its tuition profoundly when Pete Carroll brought hype to the cooperation? Also in spite of athletic indifference, USC is poised to cash in huge profits from "World Cup" and "Olympics" when they come calling?

I think you mean 'corporation'.

coachnorm
11-12-2018, 11:18 AM
I think you mean 'corporation'.

I think you are correct. Damn spell check let me down again?