PDA

View Full Version : Basketball game vs Hartford 4pm Sunday

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 12:55 AM
Hartford made it to their conference semifinals last year but they've gotten off to a rough start (0-2). Got blown out by a good Utah State team. This game shouldn't be close. Game is on the SEC Network and Watch ESPN.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Wanna see improvement in 2 areas today, assist to TO ratio and rebounding. We were 16:12 assist to TO Friday, which isn't awful, but needs to be better to be a real contender. We outrebounded them 35 to 34... way too close

biggun
11-11-2018, 04:15 PM
On SEC Network, good deal

Bully13
11-11-2018, 04:25 PM
611 on DirecTV . Thanks for the heads up 61

Bully13
11-11-2018, 05:02 PM
So now I'm first informed our volleyball team sucks. Sad.

****edit to say I don't give a 17.

Big4Dawg
11-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Looking good. Up by 14 at half

Bully13
11-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Half court D & O?

MarketingBully
11-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Played like shit to finish the game. Not worried but we have to play better then we did today. Didn’t look like we were invested in most of the game especially towards the end.

RougeDawg
11-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Ado does not look any better this year. He I still making boneheaded mistakes and cannot hold On to the ball. Still looks weak and needs to find the weight room.

That being said Perry is going to be good. Can already see it, just needs minutes.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Sloppy today. Poor substitution patterns can make you look out of synch.

RougeDawg
11-11-2018, 06:48 PM
Played like shit to finish the game. Not worried but we have to play better then we did today. Didn?t look like we were invested in most of the game especially towards the end.

I wonder if playing on a Sunday had anything to do with the 2nd half sleep walking? Definitely felt odd watching it. I can?t imagine playing on a day you don?t normally play.

BeardoMSU
11-11-2018, 06:48 PM
Ado does not look any better this year.

Well he hasn't fouled out, so that is definitely an improvement. We don't need him for his offense. We need him to play good post D and grab boards. He does that, without getting into foul trouble every game within the first 2 minutes, he'll have done his job and then some.

BeardoMSU
11-11-2018, 06:49 PM
So now I'm first informed our volleyball team sucks. Sad.

****edit to say I don't give a 17.

Lolz.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsUJ44ffpnAW7Dy/source.gif

MarketingBully
11-11-2018, 06:53 PM
I wonder if playing on a Sunday had anything to do with the 2nd half sleep walking? Definitely felt odd watching it. I can?t imagine playing on a day you don?t normally play.

That and the Hump was a ghost town. We really do need to do something about the attendance situation. We have to fill up the Hump. Playing at the Hump today probably had the feeling of a neutral site game which gives the underdog a huge advantage.

RougeDawg
11-11-2018, 07:04 PM
That and the Hump was a ghost town. We really do need to do something about the attendance situation. We have to fill up the Hump. Playing at the Hump today probably had the feeling of a neutral site game which gives the underdog a huge advantage.

It?s a Sunday during football season. Probably the lowest attendance day of the week around Starkville. Yesterday and the outcome didn?t help spirits of the fan base either. I?m hoping to get off work early enough Friday to make LBSt game since it?s a 8 pm start and 4.5 hour drive.

MarketingBully
11-11-2018, 07:10 PM
It?s a Sunday during football season. Probably the lowest attendance day of the week around Starkville. Yesterday and the outcome didn?t help spirits of the fan base either. I?m hoping to get off work early enough Friday to make LBSt game since it?s a 8 pm start and 4.5 hour drive.

If this were a woman’s game 4-5k would be there. I’m not talking about out of towners. There were plenty of Men’s Basketball fans that lived in the Starkville area to at least make it half full. My fear is the women’s team cannibalized the men’s attendence and the Starkville fans. When I lived in Starkville, I made every game. When you live out of town, I get you can’t make games but there’s no excuse when you live in Starkville and you would have made a women’s game on the same day.

RougeDawg
11-11-2018, 07:15 PM
If this were a woman?s game 4-5k would be there. I?m not talking about out of towners. There were plenty of Men?s Basketball fans that lived in the Starkville area to at least make it half full. My fear is the women?s team cannibalized the men?s attendence and the Starkville fans. When I lived in Starkville, I made every game. When you live out of town, I get you can?t make games but there?s no excuse when you live in Starkville and you would have made a women?s game on the same day.

Good point. I?ll add that all the years of suckage under the Rick Ray project, got a lot of in towners out of the habit of attending any games.

Jacksondevildog
11-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Friday at 8pm during high school playoff season with NWR, MC, Pearl, Brandon, and Starkville all playing that night will definitely kill the attendance for that game and people will still come on here and bitch. If we are drawing 3k during SEC play and ranked in the top 15, I'll then say we have a problem.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 07:24 PM

These games are always ghost towns. They always have been and they always will be. They were like that even in 96.

MarketingBully
11-11-2018, 07:29 PM
These games are always ghost towns. They always have been and they always will be. They were like that even in 96.

We used to average 3-4k in ooc. There were hundreds of people at the game tonight. There’s no comparison.