PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clark and UAB do it again...

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 11:28 PM
Beat USM and are 9-1. How are you 9-1 at UAB. Could have had him Cohen.

MarketingBully
11-10-2018, 11:31 PM
Yep, and he’s the guy I wanted. Has been a winner at every level he’s coached and has done wonders at UAB.

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Yep, and he’s the guy I wanted. Has been a winner at every level he’s coached and has done wonders at UAB.

He was 106-11 as a high school coach.

Saltydog
11-11-2018, 12:38 AM
whip.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 12:54 AM
whip.

Not as smart as Cohen though... no one is, and that's how we outsmarted everyone to get sloppy joe

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 12:59 AM
He was 14-11 at UAB when we were hiring a coach. Everyone would of shit a brick if Cohen hired this guy with that record at a G5 school. Don't be dumb.

Saltydog
11-11-2018, 01:03 AM
Fordham.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 01:08 AM

So what's his best win? Is it USM? If so.....,,,,ok.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2018, 01:11 AM

S-M-H.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 01:12 AM
Probably at la tech. Beat them by 3 tds

Goldendawg
11-11-2018, 01:12 AM

Agree with this, but in turn, what is our best win of the six to date looking at their records?

HoopsDawg
11-11-2018, 01:14 AM
He was 14-11 at UAB when we were hiring a coach. Everyone would of shit a brick if Cohen hired this guy with that record at a G5 school. Don't be dumb.

For you not to know how impressive that 14-11 was shows your complete ignorance. He was CUSA coach of the year last year.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 01:16 AM
Agree with this, but in turn, what is our best win of the six to date looking at their records?

Well, there is a school called Auburn. I think one is called Texas A&M. Of course the immortal 10, or is it 12, at USM trump that!

msstate7
11-11-2018, 01:18 AM
Well, there is a school called Auburn. I think one is called Texas A&M. Of course the immortal 10, or is it 12, at USM trump that!

I think both of those wins are good, but both are 6-4. Neither will be ranked, and we were a preseason top 20 team

HoopsDawg
11-11-2018, 01:22 AM

They are UAB. Their program was eliminated. Bill Clark winning at Tulane and at USM is like us winning at LSU and UK if not more impressive. Sad that I feel compelled to explain this.

Goldendawg
11-11-2018, 01:26 AM
They are UAB. Their program was eliminated. Bill Clark winning at Tulane and at USM is like us winning at LSU and UK if not more impressive. Sad that I feel compelled to explain this.

Beating the dead horse again, but we used to win home and away against KY for most of the last decade.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 01:28 AM

So who do they play again? Are they in the same league as Millsaps? Delta State? MUW? I honestly don't know, or care.

Bothrops
11-11-2018, 01:30 AM
Don't understand the need for this argument right now. It's bizarre to be honest.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 01:33 AM

So who do they play again? Are they in the same league as Millsaps? Delta State? MUW? I honestly don't know, or care.

Cooterpoot
11-11-2018, 04:01 AM
CUSA is the worst conference in America and they loaded up on jucos. He?s not a bad coach but UAB isn?t good. They play A&M next week.

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 08:44 AM

What's sad is how stupid your post is comparing a win at Tulane equal to us winning at LSU. Everyone remembers UAB shut down football for like two seasons. Bill Clark didn't suddenly become Belichick because he signed 85 jucos.

MetEdDawg
11-11-2018, 09:12 AM
What's sad is how stupid your post is comparing a win at Tulane equal to us winning at LSU. Everyone remembers UAB shut down football for like two seasons. Bill Clark didn't suddenly become Belichick because he signed 85 jucos.

These are the kind of posts that some on here are using to justify their hatred. Oh Mullen would 100% be 9-1 right now. Should have hired Bill Clark. He would absolutely be 9-1 and a hell of a lot better hire. Winning at Tulane is like winning at LSU.

All actions have consequences. No Moorhead, no Charles Huff. Probably no Bob Shoop. No clue how recruiting is going without Huff because we know how instrumental he has been in that regard. And regardless of how some of you perceive us doing, if it ended today we would finish 19th (don't at me with Ole Miss in 17th because they have like 7 more commits than we do).

No one should be happy with the offense. But I'll say it again. Don't let your preconceptions of what you thought should happen this year interfere with what logic says did happen. Fitz would have been some much of a better QB if Mullen were still here. Why? He already knows the offense he has to run. And with an injury preventing him from getting reps under Moorhead he couldn't even work with Moorhead or Briener on getting reps until after spring. That's a huge deal. But there are some on here that think that shouldn't matter at all. All those checks at the line, all the audibles and coverage reads to get into the right play or make the right decision and he missed months of that after being in the offense of Mullen for 4 years.

Lots of blame to go around. But you have to be objective and say obviously it will get better and obviously Moorhead has made adjustments. We scored 7 last night. Muffed punt cost us one of our best field positions of the night. We did what this offense was capable of against that defense. "Well Joe Burrow sucks and we should do better than him". Why? That dude played QB in high school. That dude was at Ohio State. Fitz played QB one year and three 70 passes in high school and played a glorified RB position for Mullen.

Quit comparing to justify arguments. Look at what we are and make it make sense. We might win 10 games if we played Kentucky and Florida at the end of the season after we made our adjustments. We didn't. But Moorhead has made the adjustments. I think we blow out Arkansas and Ole Miss and then win the bowl game. 9-4. I'll take that considering.

Gutter Cobreh
11-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Excellent post MetEdDawg.

Cooterpoot
11-11-2018, 09:30 AM
I?m not saying Jo needs to be fired but here is why people are pissed:

1. We?ve gone from around 30 a game to around 15 a game scoring.
2. We?re ranked about 115 in offensive plays run. We were top 20 last year.
3. Mullen teams never failed to score 10+ more than twice in a season. We?ve done it 4 times this year.
4. We sit a 1000 yard rusher for a more explosive guy and neither touch the ball.

Just so much bad on offense and Jo can?t adapt. He was called an offensive genius but it?s just not true. This has been Croomesque fall off on offense. Plus, special teams have been shitty.
If Jo loses one of the next two, it?s going to really divide the fans. And not in his favor.

Dawgology
11-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Not as smart as Cohen though... no one is, and that's how we outsmarted everyone to get sloppy joe

This. Pride goeth before a fall.

Coursesuper
11-11-2018, 09:59 AM

From where that program was those numbers are miraculous.

gravedigger
11-11-2018, 10:00 AM

I was a pretty good TBall coach and they passed on me for MSU baseball.

Just sayin

gravedigger
11-11-2018, 10:10 AM

I apologize. I mistakenly took you for an adult. You are just an unmedicated depressed adolescent.

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 10:32 AM
From where that program was those numbers are miraculous.

Not really. UAB basically used a get out of jail free card to wipe their roster totally clean and start anew. They aren't fooling me. They hated their shitty ass roster so they just quit football completely for two years and then woahla let's go sign 85 football players we like better than the bums rotting up the building right then.

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 10:35 AM

3. Mullen teams never failed to score 10+ more than twice in a season. We?ve done it 4 times this year.
4. We sit a 1000 yard rusher for a more explosive guy and neither touch the ball.

Just so much bad on offense and Jo can?t adapt. He was called an offensive genius but it?s just not true. This has been Croomesque fall off on offense. Plus, special teams have been shitty.
If Jo loses one of the next two, it?s going to really divide the fans. And not in his favor.

If you want points like I do hire Ken Briles or Mike Leach. We'll never be boring on offense. We will never be Bama so might as well score as much as possible and be entertained for 13 games a year.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 10:36 AM
I apologize. I mistakenly took you for an adult. You are just an unmedicated depressed adolescent.

Apology accepted.

BrunswickDawg
11-11-2018, 11:00 AM

And all a lot of us are saying is that Dan did all of those things (except #4) and still was just as likely to go 8-4 as 10-2 with this team. He did that just last year with this same team. And the offense has been bad, but some people are just more willing to give a new coach in a transition year the benefit of the doubt. There is nothing wrong with that.

As for #4 - having 2 very good RB is almost as bad as having 2 QBs. If you actually look at carries over the last 5 years (and some during the Relf seasons) our RBs typically have gotten 14-18 carries a game, and the QB got about the same. For the most part this season, we have 2 guys splitting roughly the same number RB carries. Throw in that in almost every game, Gibson or Lee have gotten 2-3 carries and touches per player go way down - but total carries between RBs and QB are about equal. That's not a big deal. What is a big deal is that I think it prevents the RB from getting into a rhythm and becoming an integrated part of the offense. It makes each back situational - and telegraphs what you are doing before the play even starts. If I saw Aeris in the backfield, I'd know if it's a run it will be inside. If Kylin is in, more than likely it will be to the outside. That's what should be the criticism of our running approach.

However, I've said this a couple of times this year - Our OL blocking scheme is also bad and not geared toward road grading. We do not open holes agressively like in the past - which is a major issue. Our QB and RBs are having to wait for the hole to develop - and you see the tip toeing that some people have written about. That also might be realated to talent on the OL as well as scheme as it seems to be more of an issue against better DL.

Coursesuper
11-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Not really. UAB basically used a get out of jail free card to wipe their roster totally clean and start anew. They aren't fooling me. They hated their shitty ass roster so they just quit football completely for two years and then woahla let's go sign 85 football players we like better than the bums rotting up the building right then.

There is no way you are a real person, this account has to be a broken bot.

Dawg61
11-11-2018, 11:41 AM
There is no way you are a real person, this account has to be a broken bot.

How long was UAB without football? How many football players were they able to add when they added their program back? How convenient.

gravedigger
11-11-2018, 11:55 AM

That is all one complaint. Moorhead is not the same as Mullen comparing Mullen?s 9th year to Moorhead?s incomplete 1st year. That it hasn?t been all we expected is not that much of a concern. Moorhead has work to do.

Cooterpoot
11-11-2018, 11:59 AM
It’s the same damn team. It’s Peter Sirmon like improvement. But Dan averaged 25 per game year one with Tyson Lee at QB and about a quarter of the talent we’ve got as a team.

Bubb Rubb
11-11-2018, 12:06 PM

Huh?? Most were calling for him to be hired at the time because most of us knew that 14-11 record was nothing short of amazing when you consider what the UAB football program had gone through.

We should have hired him then, and now it's too late because we are stuck with our guy and Clark is about to get snatched up by somebody.

BuckyIsAB****
11-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Neal Brown is also is going to be a good hire for someone. I think Auburn makes the move on one of them and gets Kelly Bryant