PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty negative on Mhead, here's my positives..

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 10:03 PM
1. We didn't get shutout. We scored 7 points. Everyone knows the Thomas call was BS.

2. The flea flicker was a Great call. It was a TD. Fitz just didn't see Thomas streaking down the field.

3. We had 2 positive plays, one was a 3rd down conversion where our TE's simply dropped the ball. Nothing you can do there but recruit. We didn't lose many players from last year but we did lose Thomas.

4. The 2 bad snaps were drive killers. I'm not sure how much you can blame mhead for those.

5. Another 3rd down conversion play, Fitz slides feet first when anything else moves the chains. Fitz is going to regret that decision for a long time.

I'm still pretty down on Mhead but there were plenty of plays to be made and he doesn't deserve all the blame.

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Very legit, rational post.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-10-2018, 10:22 PM
I’m disappointed most in
1.OL play... we should be a lot better up front instead of a big mess. You can’t have as many false starts and missed blocks.
2. Special teams... we got a lot of $ invested in coaching special teams and they stink.

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 10:41 PM
I’m disappointed most in
1.OL play... we should be a lot better up front instead of a big mess. You can’t have as many false starts and missed blocks.
2. Special teams... we got a lot of $ invested in coaching special teams and they stink.

Be interesting to see if we have some staff shakeup. There have been a lot of issues with the Oline.

Bass Chaser
11-10-2018, 10:46 PM
I'll add you can't muff or fumble punts in big games.

DownwardDawg
11-10-2018, 10:48 PM

That was a back breaker.

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 10:50 PM

Yes but that didn't really have much to do with our offensive performance.

viverlibre
11-10-2018, 11:53 PM
1. We didn't get shutout. We scored 7 points. Everyone knows the Thomas call was BS.

2. The flea flicker was a Great call. It was a TD. Fitz just didn't see Thomas streaking down the field.

3. We had 2 positive plays, one was a 3rd down conversion where our TE's simply dropped the ball. Nothing you can do there but recruit. We didn't lose many players from last year but we did lose Thomas.

4. The 2 bad snaps were drive killers. I'm not sure how much you can blame mhead for those.

5. Another 3rd down conversion play, Fitz slides feet first when anything else moves the chains. Fitz is going to regret that decision for a long time.

I'm still pretty down on Mhead but there were plenty of plays to be made and he doesn't deserve all the blame.

SloMo should have long ago realized that Fitz doesn't read defenses well, holds the ball too long, is very iffy on throws over 15 yards and, when he does make a good throw, the receiver drops it as often as catches it.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2018, 12:36 AM
Moorhead's offense will work in time but we aren't sniffing beating Bama until we have a QB that can make quick decisions. Dak is a slow decision maker and Fitz is horrifically slow. Fitz is a great talent and is awesome under the right circumstances, but once quick, quality decision making is needed, he just can't do it. I'm sure he's a bright guy, but he lacks feel for the pocket, ability to read defenses, and doesn't know how to get rid of the ball and avoid sacks. Until we get a McSorely type that can do those things, we don't stand a chance.

Todd4State
11-11-2018, 12:45 AM
Be interesting to see if we have some staff shakeup. There have been a lot of issues with the Oline.

I think most of the issues go back to recruiting. Signing three o-linemen a year has resulted in us having to start two sophomores at tackle. And our RT should be a guard. I highly doubt we have much staff shake up in the offseason.

Moorhead's offense will work in time but we are sniffing beating Bama until we have a QB that can make quick decisions. Dak is a slow decision maker and Fitz is horrifically slow. Fitz is a great talent and is awesome under the right circumstances, but once quick, quality decision making is needed, he just can't do it. I'm sure he's a bright guy, but he lacks feel for the pocket, ability to defenses, and doesn't know how to get rid of the ball and avoid sacks. Until we get a McSorely type that can do those things, we don't stand a chance.

Getting a QB that can make those quick decisions is priority one for us in the offseason. If Key can't make those quick decisions of course. It doesn't help that our receivers are average at best either. That and fixing the tackle position should be proiorities 2 and 3 in the offseason.

Todd4State
11-11-2018, 12:46 AM
SloMo should have long ago realized that Fitz doesn't read defenses well, holds the ball too long, is very iffy on throws over 15 yards and, when he does make a good throw, the receiver drops it as often as catches it.

I think the problem is Fitz is the best we have right now so we don't have a lot of options.

CJDAWG85
11-11-2018, 12:50 AM

You’re a ****ing moron if you blamed Fitz here.

CJDAWG85
11-11-2018, 12:52 AM
I think the problem is Fitz is the best we have right now so we don't have a lot of options.

Fitz isn’t the problem. The OL got dominated and we were on the wrong side of every call.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Fitz isn’t the problem. The OL got dominated and we were on the wrong side of every call.

Fitz's slow decision making is absolutely the problem. He simply cannot execute a passing offense when decision making is involved. Hes absolutely the issue in game where quick decision making is demanded

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2018, 01:02 AM
You’re a ****ing moron if you blamed Fitz here.

You're making it black and white. There is a lot of blame to go around, but Fitz is a horribly slow decision maker and reader of defenses and that has been the main problem with the offense the year.

Now, it's completely fair to say Moorhead should adapt more, ask him do different things, etc but Fitz lacks the instincts and mental capacity to run Moorhead's offense.

It's obvious. Absolutely obvious

HoopsDawg
11-11-2018, 01:18 AM
I think most of the issues go back to recruiting. Signing three o-linemen a year has resulted in us having to start two sophomores at tackle. And our RT should be a guard. I highly doubt we have much staff shake up in the offseason

Todd it's the exact same Oline that put 45 on UK last year. They started 4 games together. And 4 of the 5 started every game.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Todd it's the exact same Oline that put 45 on UK last year. They started 4 games together. And 4 of the 5 started every game.

To be fair, they had much better coaching last year

HoopsDawg
11-11-2018, 01:23 AM
To be fair, they had much better coaching last year

I laughed.

CJDAWG85
11-11-2018, 01:24 AM
Shotgun - You clearly don’t know football. Good try though. Please post your opinion a little more though. You clearly know what the **** you’re talking about.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2018, 01:27 AM
You clearly don’t know football. Good try though. Please post your opinion a little more though. You clearly know what the **** you’re talking about.

Don't take my word for it. Just watch every top team in the country and see how quickly their QB reads the defense and gets the ball out of his hands. It's not rocket science and obvious. Fitz doesn't read defense quickly, lacks pocket presence, and ducks before taking a sack without throwing the ball away. It's completely obvious.

He's a tremendous player but extremely limited between the ears when the game requires it.

CJDAWG85
11-11-2018, 01:30 AM
Seriously stop trying to act like you know anything about football. Fitz was the least of problems. Why don’t you start another thread dumbass.

bulldawg28
11-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Fitz isn?t the problem. The OL got dominated and we were on the wrong side of every call.

Fitz is a problem. He could have thrown the ball away several times and avoided sacks. He can only read one route and rarely improvises which athletic QBs should. He negates the total utilization of a dual Qb unless running the read option for him.

Todd4State
11-11-2018, 08:07 AM

And the same line that put up 29 on UMass last year.

Need I mention their performances against Auburn and Georgia last year again?

What we did against a 7-6 UK team at home last year is irrelevant to this year. And it was 38 because Gerri Green scored a touchdown but who's counting?

Todd4State
11-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Fitz isn?t the problem. The OL got dominated and we were on the wrong side of every call.

Fitz isn't THE problem but he's part of the problem. He has missed wide open receivers all year long. He has improved.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Seriously stop trying to act like you know anything about football. Fitz was the least of problems. Why don’t you start another thread dumbass.

Now I'm a know it all. Pretty clear your argument has dried up when you can longer debate the subject but begin to attack people personally

Dawgfan77
11-11-2018, 08:26 AM
The OL is not the problem. Our backs were averaging 4 and 7 yds per carry. Our dumpster fire of a HC will not commit to the run. Our OL is doing all it can but our coach who is the play caller never commits to the running of the football

Cooterpoot
11-11-2018, 08:50 AM
Nobody on this team, play caller included, can identify blitzes pre snap. It?s like a damn Chinese fire drill when teams blitz.

Dawgfan77
11-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Nobody on this team, play caller included, can identify blitzes pre snap. It?s like a damn Chinese fire drill when teams blitz.
I was against the whole Kelly Bryant transfer but joes gotta go all in on a transfer now

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2018, 09:11 AM
Anyone have any idea why we suck so bad on the road?

This is my biggest fear about the Egg Bowl. We've shown no competence on the road.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Anyone have any idea why we suck so bad on the road?

This is my biggest fear about the Egg Bowl. We've shown no competence on the road.

Presnap penalties are a problem for one thing.

Lance Harbor
11-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Bama RBs carried the ball 37 times. State RBs 14 times. Plus Fitz 14 carries. Something about best players touching the ball and what not.

The OL is not the problem. Our backs were averaging 4 and 7 yds per carry. Our dumpster fire of a HC will not commit to the run. Our OL is doing all it can but our coach who is the play caller never commits to the running of the football

tcdog70
11-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Bama RBs carried the ball 37 times. State RBs 14 times. Plus Fitz 14 carries. Something about best players touching the ball and what not.

Dude 5 of the 14 carries were sacks. If you know you QB is slow with his reads, then call a play and run it. In a blitz situation forget slow developing plays. Swing passes and screens. If we ran the ball more then a play action would work. Fitz isn't a pocket passer, so why do we continue to run those plays.

DudyDawg
11-11-2018, 11:28 AM

Dude, Fitzgerald stinks out loud.

MarketingBully
11-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Dude 5 of the 14 carries were sacks. If you know you QB is slow with his reads, then call a play and run it. In a blitz situation forget slow developing plays. Swing passes and screens. If we ran the ball more then a play action would work. Fitz isn't a pocket passer, so why do we continue to run those plays.

Um, all of the plays have an outlet if his reads aren’t open. He held on to the ball way too often and just sits there in the pocket and doesn’t take off until it’s too late. You can blame the OL all you want but you aren’t getting more then 1-2 seconds in the pocket. Problem was multiple receivers were wide open and he didn’t “see” them. The flea flicker was a disaster and his main read was wide open streaking down to the end zone. That’s one where you get rid of the ball as soon as you get it. We even practiced that play a lot in last week. So yes, our offensive problems are Fitz and JoMo’s non-understanding on what best way to use him.

Bubb Rubb
11-11-2018, 11:33 AM
That was a back breaker.

IF we don't muff that point, and IF that blown call on the block in the back doesn't happen, it's a 14-7 game with a shaky third stringer playing QB against an elite defense in the 4th quarter.

This game was a lot closer than the score, and that's why those missed calls and avoidable mistakes were huge.

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2018, 11:33 AM

Go look at the pic I posted on the thread about Bama having no penalties. Pretty easy to get dominated when the DL you're assigned to block is already beind with you with a full head of steam when the ball is snapped.

viverlibre
11-11-2018, 01:02 PM
It's not that Fitz is bad or dumb, it's that his strengths don't fit this particular offense. In Mullen's offense, Fitz would be having a near Heisman year, Mullen realized what Fitz couldn't do and stayed away from his weaknesses.