PDA

View Full Version : Sloppy Joe - Lack of Challenge on Fumble

CapitalCityDawg
11-10-2018, 10:01 PM
I understand the refs screwed the pooch on the first fumble, but Sloppy Joe can't review? He is in over his head as of now. Hope it changes.

Really Clark?
11-10-2018, 10:05 PM
I understand the refs screwed the pooch on the first fumble, but Sloppy Joe can't review? He is in over his head as of now. Hope it changes.

The coaches up stairs missed that and they didn’t think there was a fumble

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 10:06 PM

That's on the replay official, the SEC office, and our coaches in the booth. Not on Joe.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Coaches up stairs told JoeMo knee was down.

msstate7
11-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Sloppy joe is the worst, and yet the funniest nickname yet

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Just watched his post-game interview on 24/7. Jo needs to start hating some other SEC coaches. Sounded like a Saben/bama lovefest.

DancingRabbit
11-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Didn't Joe call a time-out on a bad call in the K-State game and the (SEC) refs used the opportunity to get a drink or trade recipes?

mstatefan91
11-10-2018, 10:34 PM
He depends on the coaches in the booth to tell him whether to challenge or not. They told him not to. It was a bang bang play and required zoomed in cameras to see. Yes he fumbled and yes the officials blew it but it isn?t on Joe if his people in the booth tell him it?s not a fumble. It?s on the people in the booth and they need to be talked to

Jack Lambert
11-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Head coaches should not be OC or DC. It distract them from taking care of other things. What was he doing when it was going on. He was occupied dealing with up coming offensive seris.

LC Dawg
11-10-2018, 10:47 PM
I agree that the coaches upstairs should have told Moorhead to challenge the fumble but 9 out of 10 times, or more, that is called a fumble and the refs let the replay overturn if needed. The 1 out of 10 is when it affects Bama.

NCDawg
11-10-2018, 10:48 PM
He depends on the coaches in the booth to tell him whether to challenge or not. They told him not to. It was a bang bang play and required zoomed in cameras to see. Yes he fumbled and yes the officials blew it but it isn?t on Joe if his people in the booth tell him it?s not a fumble. It?s on the people in the booth and they need to be talked to

Well then he should chew out some of his coaches in the booth. Were they asleep or were they looking at the game? Pretty obvious it was a fumble.

DancingRabbit
11-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Head coaches should not be OC or DC. It distract them from taking care of other things. What was he doing when it was going on. He was occupied dealing with up coming offensive seris.

Generally, I agree - but this has nothing to do with that play. Our coaches in the booth and SEC officials are to blame.

tireddawg
11-10-2018, 11:28 PM

Why isn't it on Joe? He's the head coach and watching the same shit I am. If he can't tell that was a fumble from the sideline and act accordingly....
The booth coaches must be Bama fans.

mstatefan91
11-10-2018, 11:29 PM
Why isn't it on Joe? He's the head coach and watching the same shit I am. If he can't tell that was a fumble from the sideline and act accordingly....
The booth coaches must be Bama fans.

Oh you were standing exactly where Joe was and could see the ball fumbled? OK

TimberBeast
11-10-2018, 11:31 PM
Did y’all ever see mullen challenge a call? It was one of the many things I hated about him. From what I’m seeing we have dan 2.0

viverlibre
11-10-2018, 11:35 PM
In the first half, on a big play that goes againt you, you have to err on the side of calling the TO.

Jack Lambert
11-10-2018, 11:39 PM
I am 100% sure if it was Miss State running the ball and that exact fumble took place you would have seen that white bag come out of the Refs pocket.

SaintDawg
if your f***ing players come up acting like they got a ball after a possible fumble vs the #1 team in the nation and you aint sure?!?! check it out!!! ******* the stupidity!!!

Captain Falcon
Y’all are assuming the refs would’ve overturned it if we had challenged it. Those clowns probably would’ve upheld it and then found a way to tack on a 15 yard penalty just for the heck of it.

yjnkdawg
11-10-2018, 11:46 PM
I agree that the coaches upstairs should have told Moorhead to challenge the fumble but 9 out of 10 times, or more, that is called a fumble and the refs let the replay overturn if needed. The 1 out of 10 is when it affects Bama.

The only way the referees would call that a fumble on the field, in Bryant Denny Stadium, is if we were the ones that were running the ball.

DancingRabbit
11-10-2018, 11:55 PM
Y’all are assuming the refs would’ve overturned it if we had challenged it. Those clowns probably would’ve upheld it and then found a way to tack on a 15 yard penalty just for the heck of it.

Whoever is our "guy" in the booth that makes that call screwed up. As did the refs. That one is not on Joe. But maybe he should change whoever is his "guy" in the booth.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-11-2018, 12:01 AM
There?s no way in hell anyone standing on our sideline could tell if that was a fumble or not. You had to watch it closely in slow motion, zoomed in, to see if it was or not. Going full speed with players flying all over and standing 25-30 yards away is impossible to have determined if that was out before his knee touched down. JoMo only had one choice and that was to ask coaches upstairs who should have been looking at the same replay we were whether it was out or not. How they concluded it wasn?t, I have no idea. Whoever the coach(es) were that said don?t challenge are the ones who need cussing, not JoMo.

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 12:15 AM

Joe is evidently a realist. If you idiots think that we would have won a review you know nothing about SEC football.

Saltydog
11-11-2018, 12:16 AM
and shit but the chessmaster ain't nowhere near the coach Mullen is. #truth

TimberBeast
11-11-2018, 12:18 AM
and shit but the chessmaster ain't nowhere near the coach Mullen is. #truth

From what I’ve seen so far he’s the same exact thing, just have to see the difference in recruiting

Goldendawg
11-11-2018, 12:34 AM
Something said in this thread just hit me. JoMo calls all the offensive plays. How many other SEC or P5 coaches do this? Sounds like too much thinking to me in the heat of a big game. Can or do the two co-exist and who does a great job at it?

Liverpooldawg
11-11-2018, 12:44 AM
One more time, we would NOT have won that review. The rest of the game proved that. I don't think we could have won that game, but the SEC made sure we had no chance. How long will the other 13 teams put up with this crap?

Cloak
11-11-2018, 01:25 AM
Lol. Sloppy Joe. I like it

Lord McBuckethead
11-11-2018, 07:57 AM
Whoever is our "guy" in the booth that makes that call screwed up. As did the refs. That one is not on Joe. But maybe he should change whoever is his "guy" in the booth.

Even Gary saw it. Case closed.

msbulldog
11-11-2018, 09:39 AM
There?s no way in hell anyone standing on our sideline could tell if that was a fumble or not. You had to watch it closely in slow motion, zoomed in, to see if it was or not. Going full speed with players flying all over and standing 25-30 yards away is impossible to have determined if that was out before his knee touched down. JoMo only had one choice and that was to ask coaches upstairs who should have been looking at the same replay we were whether it was out or not. How they concluded it wasn?t, I have no idea. Whoever the coach(es) were that said don?t challenge are the ones who need cussing, not JoMo.

I admit the first replay I thought his knee was down, watching the next in slo-mo I could see the ball coming loose prior to his knee being down,

dawgday166
11-11-2018, 09:42 AM
Even Gary saw it. Case closed.

That game was the first time I ever saw Gary at a loss for words. The officiating tempered his glorification of Bama yesterday to some extent. You could tell even he was bothered by the phantom block in the back call.

Rawdawg
11-11-2018, 09:44 AM
He hired them and put them in the booth to do this very job.