PDA

View Full Version : Irony- The end of the Ole Miss leg hunting defense?

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 09:13 PM
An article from Saturday Down South.

Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa absorbed a couple of low hits around his legs during the 24-0 win over Mississippi State, and coach Nick Saban was not pleased with the injuries.
Tagovailoa was already dealing with a knee injury over the last few weeks, but he took a serious shot to his quad in the third quarter on Saturday.
Tagovailoa was replaced by third-string quarterback Mac Jones, and was seen on an exercise bike late in the game.
Saban was asked about the repeated hits.
?The NFL has a rule for that,? Saban said shrugging. ?The NFL has a lot of rules to protect people. Some of which people complain about. I think we have a lot of capable people in the NCAA to make decisions about, ?What are good rules relative to player safety.? I?ve always been supportive of those rules and I think someone else should really make a decision about whether there?s anything wrong with what happened in this game today. I?m not complaining about it. Football is football, and it is what it is. We need to do a better job of protecting our QB so people don?t get a chance to hit him.?
Now that the issue is raised about a high-profile player on the No. 1-ranked team in the country, it?ll be interesting to see if it is addressed with offseason rule changes, or at least responded to by Commissioner Greg Sankey or anyone else in the SEC office.

I suspect that this means there will be an emphasis on calling low hits next season possibly.

Jarius
11-10-2018, 09:14 PM
**** Nick Saban

IMissJack
11-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Wasn't Saban bitching that hurry up offenses were not fair a couple of years ago?

WSOPdawg
11-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Waaaaaaaa! Poor lil Nicky Saban shedding tears b/c his crimson-paid refs couldn't protect his star QB?

Tell him to GTFO with that crap! Wait till Carville brings the ref story up tomorrow or Monday b/c that story is far from dead.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Wasn't Saban bitching that hurry up offenses were not fair a couple of years ago?

Yes.

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 09:18 PM
It wasn?t even that low of a hit and you already can?t hit high

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 09:24 PM
As the original Jack Lambert said many years ago about QB's, "might as well put a dress on 'em". Saban always wants rules to help his team what ever the moment brings and bama already has the refs. The $EC will always protect them and it is ruining the competition in the games.

RocketDawg
11-10-2018, 09:27 PM

Yes he was.

RocketDawg
11-10-2018, 09:30 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with the hits. At the time, the QB had already been limping a little so why even have him in the game when it was almost certainly a win for them. He was taking a risk by leaving him in the game.

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Whiny little turd. After the help he got and he's bitching.

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2018, 09:33 PM
17 that midget. If he hit was above his belly button he would have been called for targeting. He hit him in the thigh. He wasn't going for his knees. But now I guess next year there will be a new rule in place that you have to hit the qb in a 7" square area or it's a penalty.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Saban is such a baby back bitch

Dawg61
11-10-2018, 09:38 PM
17 that midget. If he hit was above his belly button he would have been called for targeting. He hit him in the thigh. He wasn't going for his knees. But now I guess next year there will be a new rule in place that you have to hit the qb in a 7" square area or it's a penalty.

Which Bama will never get punished for. They sack QBs more than anyone else. Saban is a crybaby bitch. Let's kick out Bama and replace them with NC State.

WildDawg
11-10-2018, 09:47 PM
That boy was getting beat up and sacked a lot by that point. He was wanting out of that game.

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Bama hits QBs high. They hit them low. They facemask them, target them etc. And Saban crying about a legit hit to a thigh, not a knee a thigh. SMFH. That's Saban for you.

There'll be a new rule next year and everyone will get called for it except Bama.

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Question. If Um goes low for Nick's ankles this year, will it lead to the worse on the field brawl in MSU/UM history or will the SEC's last ranked crew that will call that game take care of it?

Dawgology
11-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Didn’t see the dick head complaining about his players repeatedly punching a guy after a play during a game. NCAA has rules for that also...that they didn’t enforce.

Dawg61
11-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Question. If Um goes low for Nick's ankles this year, will it lead to the worse on the field brawl in MSU/UM history or will the SEC's last ranked crew that will call that game take care of it?

There's no if about it. OM will 100% go after his ankles again. This is our Egg Bowl strategy this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHMi-j7W2gM

DownwardDawg
11-10-2018, 10:45 PM
There's no if about it. OM will 100% go after his ankles again. This is our Egg Bowl strategy this year.

Outstanding!

Bubb Rubb
11-10-2018, 10:59 PM
What was his opinion on being gifted a couple of non-call on fumbles, or on the phantom block in the back?

I think refs need to focus on the basics before we start looking to implement new rules for the QB.

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 11:00 PM

I love that movie!

mstatefan91
11-10-2018, 11:04 PM

Yes and as a result they?ve pretty much been nullified with the substitution rules in place now

BrunswickDawg
11-11-2018, 09:46 AM
This is the horseshit we need to push back against as much or more than the refs. Saban speaks it into the world, and the press buys in. https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Nick-Saban-players-weigh-in-on-Mississippi-States-hits-on-Tua-Tagovailoa-124570769/

There wasn't a damn thing dirty about the hits on Tua. He's just Glass Joe and they panicked because without him, they don't have the offense needed to win.