PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to the defense

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2018, 08:30 PM
They knew early on we weren't going to win the game, but dammit they never came close to quitting. They spent all game taking turns knocking 5-0's dick in the dirt until he had to leave the game. They played all game with their backs against the wall due to piss poor officiating, a special teams mistake, and an offense that could not get much at all going. To hold an offense as high powered as that to 24 under those circumstances was amazing. It'll haunt me the rest of my days wondering what this season could have been with just a serviceable offense. Make no mistake this is a national championship caliber defense. I would put them up against any other unit in the nation.

Homedawg
11-10-2018, 08:36 PM
While the defense was "great" In totality, the fact they let them mash it down our throat the first two drives and end any hope of us winning can't make this a great performance. Sorry just can't. They whipped out ass for a quarter and that's all it took and we were done. Everyone knew it. Them, you, us

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 08:58 PM
While the defense was "great" In totality, the fact they let them mash it down our throat the first two drives and end any hope of us winning can't make this a great performance. Sorry just can't. They whipped out ass for a quarter and that's all it took and we were done. Everyone knew it. Them, you, us

Really? I mean really? First off, they forced a fumble on the first drive. Second, our offense went 3 and out, 3 and out. And finally, you are talking about the best offense in the country. Just a horrible take by you.

sandwolf
11-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Really? I mean really? First off, they forced a fumble on the first drive. Second, our offense went 3 and out, 3 and out. And finally, you are talking about the best offense in the country. Just a horrible take by you.
+1

mstatefan91
11-10-2018, 09:04 PM
With the fumble discounting a TD, they gave up 17.. that’s damn good given how long they were on the field. Short field also gave Bama a TD. Defense showed up. Offense is just horrible to watch

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2018, 09:10 PM
They gave up a legitimate 10 points and under 300 yards of offense to a team averaging 40 points and 500+ yards of offense a game. I'd call that pretty damn salty.

Homedawg
11-10-2018, 11:36 PM
With the fumble discounting a TD, they gave up 17.. that’s damn good given how long they were on the field. Short field also gave Bama a TD. Defense showed up. Offense is just horrible to watch

We got screwed on the fumble, yes. But let them score after that. Stop w the that.

tcdog70
11-11-2018, 10:39 AM
We tried early on to play straight up. We started clicking and dominating once we started blitzing. You ask you D to create turnovers they did create a fumble but the Refs 17ed it up. We also had a bogus pass interference call on 24. Bama didn't have a single penalty, mind blowing , when you consider you can sit on the couch and see them hold on every play. So that only makes you know our defense had no help from the zebras and did it all by themselves.

Plus, the D holds forces a punt, we muff the punt. That isn't on the D. It there an unwritten rule that if we muff a punt it will be against Bama.

The no call on the fumble changed the whole complexion of the game. Who knows what would have happened.