PDA

View Full Version : Moving forward

msstate7
11-10-2018, 08:01 PM
This season won't be what a lot of hoped, but it can be a decent season. We have 2 games that we should win quite easily. Take care of business, Moorhead. I wanna believe in you, and taking care of business in these 2 and the bowl would go a long way.

gravedigger
11-10-2018, 08:03 PM
This season won't be what a lot of hoped, but it can be a decent season. We have 2 games that we should win quite easily. Take care of business, Moorhead. I wanna believe in you, and taking care of business in these 2 and the bowl would go a long way.

Good post. Credit where it?s due

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Agreed. Need to win the last 2, the bowl and finish recruiting strong.

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 08:05 PM
I wanna believe too and I hope he learns. I was at least hoping that if we went down today, we would go down swinging and flying around making some plays, even if we made mistakes while trying to do that. Shoop had D up for that. Moorhead didn't hold up his end of the bargain tho. He seems to get real tentative and lost in somewhat big SEC games so far. Maybe he can overcome that.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:12 PM

Surprisingly good post. Still fascinates me that you believe so much in Jimbo Fisher but not Moorhead.

I wanna believe too and I hope he learns. I was at least hoping that if we went down today, we would go down swinging and flying around making some plays, even if we made mistakes while trying to do that. Shoop had D up for that. Moorhead didn't hold up his end of the bargain tho. He seems to get real tentative and lost in somewhat big SEC games so far. Maybe he can overcome that.

It's not so much about learning. It's about getting the right personnel in that fits his offense.

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Surprisingly good post. Still fascinates me that you believe so much in Jimbo Fisher but not Moorhead.

It's not so much about learning. It's about getting the right personnel in that fits his offense.

Oh bullshit! Tell that to Morris in Arkansas who put up 31 on Bama earlier this year. Or the goober (as everyone on this board likes to think of him as) in Tenn who put up 21 on them. Neither of those coaches have half the offensive personnel we have.

Saltydog
11-10-2018, 08:25 PM
thinking it's going to be so much better next year you're delusional. It may very well be worse than what it is now.

BrunswickDawg
11-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Oh bullshit! Tell that to Morris in Arkansas who put up 31 on Bama earlier this year.
Arkansas lost by 34 and played half the game against Bama's 3rd and 4th string. They were down 41-14 at the half. They got their ass whipped.

MSU and LSU are the only 2 teams to have seen Bama starters in the second half - let alone the 4th quarter.

Some of y'all need a little perspective about what we did against the best football team of the 21st century.

Losing sucks, but statements about "how good Arkansas did" show how little some people know.

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Arkansas lost by 34 and played half the game against Bama's 3rd and 4th string. They were down 41-14 at the half. They got their ass whipped.

MSU and LSU are the only 2 teams to have seen Bama starters in the second half - let alone the 4th quarter.

Some of y'all need a little perspective about what we did against the best football team of the 21st century.

Losing sucks, but statements about "how good Arkansas did" show how little some people know.

Alright ... they score 7 in 1st and 7 more in 2nd qtr. And you can't argue Arky is improving some and they are very deficient in personnel on the O side of the ball. Let's change it over the Tenn then ... they scored 14 in 2nd on Bama. That coach everyone on here thought would be terrible. Not saying he will be great but ... they just smoked KY and that vaunted D.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Oh bullshit! Tell that to Morris in Arkansas who put up 31 on Bama earlier this year. Or the goober (as everyone on this board likes to think of him as) in Tenn who put up 21 on them. Neither of those coaches have half the offensive personnel we have.

What's really bullshit is transient scores.

cheewgumm
11-10-2018, 08:38 PM
This offense has been a disaster. No other way to sugar coat it.

Even Joe agrees.

Leroy Jenkins
11-10-2018, 08:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbkhoc-3I48

IMissJack
11-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Agreed. Need to win the last 2, the bowl and finish recruiting strong.

What happens to the fanbase if this does not happen? Legit question, because I know how I will react.

msstate7
11-10-2018, 08:53 PM
What happens to the fanbase if this does not happen? Legit question, because I know how I will react.

If he loses to ark or om, he should be gone. No excuses. None

Pit Bull
11-10-2018, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;1023057]This season won't be what a lot of hoped, but it can be a decent season. We have 2 games that we should win quite easily. Take care of business, Moorhead. I wanna believe in you, and taking care of business in these 2 and the bowl would go a long way.[/QUOTE

Not sure if "win quite easily" is the term I would use, but yes, we should win provided we don't beat ourselves. Ole Miss has looked pretty good recently and I expect a relatively tight game up there until late in the game. I expect them to stack the box all night long and press us to pass. Hopefully, Nick can connect. Arkansas, IMO, should be much less challenging than Ole Miss. Glad for the fans we play that one in the warmth of day!! At Oxford could be downright cold that late at night.

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 09:36 PM

Won't happen, but I agree.

NCDawg
11-10-2018, 09:42 PM

He should be, but he won't be. Too much money to buy him out. If he goes, Cohen should go too.

Doggie_Style
11-10-2018, 10:10 PM

Completely agree....get you shit together Joe or get gone!

BuckyIsAB****
11-10-2018, 10:39 PM

Agreed. They are probably the two worst teams in the conference. I think Vandy beats OM next week

cheewgumm
11-10-2018, 10:41 PM
Once he gets his players, we?ll be fine.

I?m not sure why it would matter if we beat Arkansas or Ole Miss.

These aren?t his players. Shouldn?t be judged on this year.

BuckyIsAB****
11-10-2018, 10:47 PM

Good players are good players. If you cant win with good players you cant win at all. We have good players

99jc
11-10-2018, 11:45 PM

You are an ignorant 17er.

cheewgumm
11-10-2018, 11:47 PM
Agree

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Good players are good players. If you cant win with good players you cant win at all. We have good players

Naw man ... it's Merlin's fault cause they ain't no talent on O. ****** 26 points against SEC teams last year went "poof" in the night"

Seriously ... I'm gonna hang with Joe for a little bit but ... this does concern me a good bit cause yea, we have good players.

yjnkdawg
11-10-2018, 11:56 PM

They also didn't play them at Bryant Denny Stadium either.

yjnkdawg
11-11-2018, 12:32 AM

There were a few issues at FSU before he took the TAMU job, but I doubt 7 would have any clue about that. Let's just see how things go at TAMU.