PDA

View Full Version : Through 3 sec road games, we're avg 3.3 points per game

msstate7
11-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Joe, whatever the hell you're doing, do something else

Leroy Jenkins
11-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Ouch, the stove is hot. Ouch, the stove is hot. Ouch, the stove is hot. Ouch, the stove is hot. Ouch, the stove is hot. Ouch, the stove is hot.

MetEdDawg
11-10-2018, 07:21 PM
Well he's playing Bama and LSU on the road in his first year in the SEC. not exactly a favorable lineup. Plus Kentucky has a much improved defense.

We should have done better, but if you go back in the history books, Mullen has done awful in Tuscaloosa and has done only slightly better in Death Valley.

Leroy Jenkins
11-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Well he's playing Bama and LSU on the road in his first year in the SEC. not exactly a favorable lineup. Plus Kentucky has a much improved defense.

We should have done better, but if you go back in the history books, Mullen has done awful in Tuscaloosa and has done only slightly better in Death Valley.

How many years P.M. (Post-Mullen) before we can not reference what Mullen did as a barometer for success? 2 years 5 years? 10 years?

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:25 PM

It's not like Jimbo Fisher is our coach or anything.**

Pretty funny today that when Ole Miss was winning against A&M he was trying to belittle our win over them- which at the same time was as much or more of an indictment against his boy Jimbo.

He'll get his weak points using betting lines and transient scores this week- but then look ignorant again for two weeks just like after we lost to LSU and then beat A&M and La Tech.

Lance Harbor
11-10-2018, 07:26 PM
That's impressively sad. However the execution takes a large portion of the blame.

msstate7
11-10-2018, 07:27 PM
It's not like Jimbo Fisher is our coach or anything.**

Pretty funny today that when Ole Miss was winning against A&M he was trying to belittle our win over them- which at the same time was as much or more of an indictment against his boy Jimbo.

He'll get his weak points using betting lines and transient scores this week- but then look ignorant again for two weeks just like after we lost to LSU and then beat A&M and La Tech.

How'd that line work out for Kentucky? How many did tenn score on them? More than 7?

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:28 PM
How many years P.M. (Post-Mullen) before we can not reference what Mullen did as a barometer for success? 2 years 5 years? 10 years?

Probably 2-3 years. By then his players should be gone completely. Some of our fans don't like to talk about it- but the reality is these players are pretty much all recruited by Dan. And the only way to beat someone like LSU or Alabama on the road is to recruit like we have on defense on the offensive side of the ball. I think we're seeing a LOT of where Dan's recruiting deficiencies are showing up against the elite teams of the SEC at WR and OL this year. It's very obvious when you compare the recruiting rankings of our defensive players vs our offensive players.

Thankfully we have two four star WR's committed for 2020 so we're starting to change things hopefully.

Dawgfan77
11-10-2018, 07:29 PM
You Moorehead supporters are as blind as the genespagers when croom was the HC.
Moorehead better go all in on a grad transfer at qb and wr

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:31 PM
How'd that line work out for Kentucky? How many did tenn score on them? More than 7?

You have been wrong about Kentucky all season long. I don't think you want me to point out the other 10 weeks. Or the fact that I had been saying for awhile that their floor was 8 wins- and it looks like they are going to easily win 9.

Not to mention that the playoff committee also agrees with me about Kentucky and it just makes you look even worse.

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 07:31 PM

Yeah, that top 10 program, Kentucky has looked great the last two games.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Need upgrade at OL, WR and ST coaches as well....

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:33 PM
You Moorehead supporters are as blind as the genespagers when croom was the HC.
Moorehead better go all in on a grad transfer at qb and wr

It sounds like he is at the QB position. At least per rumor. WR probably depends on what we pull in recruiting this year and how that plays out.

MetEdDawg
11-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Yeah, that top 10 program, Kentucky has looked great the last two games.

Kentucky is a mirror image of our We Believe season. Good, but inflated and doesn't know how to handle the pressure. Our wheels fell off after we got throttled. So have theirs

What I will say is that I'm still stunned that people on here can't see that we aren't supposed to just magically beat the shit out of everyone every game. Hardly anyone actually understands context of losses or why teams play the way they play.

I don't want to use Mullen as a barometer, but a crap ton of people are doing that to bash Moorhead. If we play Kentucky this weekend we would wax them. But at the time we hadn't learned the offense as well, and Kentucky still had big time hopes of competing. Now they don't and they don't know how to deal with it. Two completely different times of the season and I'm stunned you and a mess of others don't get that.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Kentucky is a mirror image of our We Believe season. Good, but inflated and doesn't know how to handle the pressure. Our wheels fell off after we got throttled. So have theirs

What I will say is that I'm still stunned that people on here can't see that we aren't supposed to just magically beat the shit out of everyone every game. Hardly anyone actually understands context of losses or why teams play the way they play.

I don't want to use Mullen as a barometer, but a crap ton of people are doing that to bash Moorhead. If we play Kentucky this weekend we would wax them. But at the time we hadn't learned the offense as well, and Kentucky still had big time hopes of competing. Now they don't and they don't know how to deal with it. Two completely different times of the season and I'm stunned you and a mess of others don't get that.

Rep given. I think what happened this year may pay off next year even though our defense won't be as elite. A lot of our fans overrated our offensive players and things that we hoped would happen just haven't- Fitz catching on, Guidry catching on quickly, and Eiland playing like he did last year.

Dawgfan77
11-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Moorehead panics in big games. Gets down a score and tries to make it up. Mullen May have clampt up in big games and was ultra conservative but he had a plan and stuck to it. Joe has no plan, panics, and doesn?t put players in a position to be successful. Don?t give me that Penn State bs. Franklin overruled him and said. No we are gonna give it to Barkley. What joe has done with this OL and these RB is criminal

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 07:46 PM

We lost to a team that we had beaten nine of the last ten years and by 45 to 7 (?) last year. We had just as many starters back as them and played a terrible game. , 35 passes in the rain. Hail Air State!

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Moorehead panics in big games. Gets down a score and tries to make it up. Mullen May have clampt up in big games and was ultra conservative but he had a plan and stuck to it. Joe has no plan, panics, and doesn?t put players in a position to be successful. Don?t give me that Penn State bs. Franklin overruled him and said. No we are gonna give it to Barkley. What joe has done with this OL and these RB is criminal

You mean like Texas A&M or Auburn?**

msstate7
11-10-2018, 07:51 PM

Those are good wins. Moorhead on the road though is just straight up pathetic

MetEdDawg
11-10-2018, 07:52 PM
We lost to a team that we had beaten nine of the last ten years and by 45 to 7 (?) last year. We had just as many starters back as them and played a terrible game. , 35 passes in the rain. Hail Air State!

Have we thrown 35 since? No we haven't. We gave everyone the blueprint what not to do. And Moorhead just didn't know. Now he does and has modified his offense. It sucks man. Get the hell past it. We aren't the same team then as we are now. Moorhead has adjusted. That's what we needed to see when those of us who actually get this game realized our ceiling with Fitz and Moorhead was lower than with Fitz and Moorhead

Dawgfan77
11-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Road games.... point is he is not a good fit for us. Hopefully he won?t run the program in the ground to far in two years

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 07:56 PM

Where were those game plans tonight cause I didn't see either one of them. And IMO either one of them would've gotten us some points.

Instead what I saw was the old reliable, very dependable LSU game plan, the one Moorhead seems to revert to when overwhelmed by the moment ... except Fitz actually would've completed close to 75% if he doesn't have about 4 drops, with no ints. Moorhead had Fitz tip toeing into the line for 1 yd gains. He tells Fitz to ball out against TAM, Fitz balls out. He tells him to be careful, no turnovers against Bama, Fitz plays careful.

This was Mullen vs Bama 2014 with Dak.

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Have we thrown 35 since? No we haven't. We gave everyone the blueprint what not to do. And Moorhead just didn't know. Now he does and has modified his offense. It sucks man. Get the hell past it. We aren't the same team then as we are now. Moorhead has adjusted. That's what we needed to see when those of us who actually get this game realized our ceiling with Fitz and Moorhead was lower than with Fitz and Moorhead

What does that last sentence mean? Sorry I don't "actually get this game" like you. Family has only had season tickets 50 plus years and been going 55. Beat Arky, UM, and win a good bowl and it's a good year with the coaching transition. Hail State!

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Speaking of Mullen?s recruiting on the offensive side of the ball, it really is amazing that he couldn?t recruit better on that side of the ball since he was the offensive guru. Compare that to the defensive side and the players we signed who didn?t know who the def. coordinator was going to be one year to the next.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Where were those game plans tonight cause I didn't see either one of them. And IMO either one of them would've gotten us some points.

Instead what I saw was the old reliable, very dependable LSU game plan, the one Moorhead seems to revert to when overwhelmed by the moment ... except Fitz actually would've completed close to 75% if he doesn't have about 4 drops, with no ints. Moorhead had Fitz tip toeing into the line for 1 yd gains. He tells Fitz to ball out against TAM, Fitz balls out. He tells him to be careful, no turnovers against Bama, Fitz plays careful.

I also didn't see Alabama's defense wearing A&M or Auburn uniforms in those games either? Crooked officials in either one of those games? Players matter. Where the game is played matters (Starkville vs. Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge). I saw a an o-line that could not block Alabama's d-line for the most part. If that is disrupted up front we are going to get behind the sticks no matter whether we call a pass or run.

MetEdDawg
11-10-2018, 08:05 PM
What does that last sentence mean? Sorry I don't "actually get this game" like you. Family has only had season tickets 50 plus years and been going 55. Beat Arky, UM, and win a good bowl and it's a good year with the coaching transition. Hail State!

8-4 is good with me. I wanted more but Fitz can't do more in this offensive scheme. It took him half a season in high school to throw the number of passes he threw against kentucky. You can't have a successful SEC QB with that background.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Speaking of Mullen?s recruiting on the offensive side of the ball, it really is amazing that he couldn?t recruit better on that side of the ball since he was the offensive guru. Compare that to the defensive side and the players we signed who didn?t know who the def. coordinator was going to be one year to the next.

Just extremely lazy on Dan's part.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:06 PM
8-4 is good with me. I wanted more but Fitz can't do more in this offensive scheme. It took him half a season in high school to throw the number of passes he threw against kentucky. You can't have a successful SEC QB with that background.

At least not on a championship level. Excited about Shrader though.

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 08:09 PM
I also didn't see Alabama's defense wearing A&M or Auburn uniforms in those games either? Crooked officials in either one of those games? Players matter. Where the game is played matters (Starkville vs. Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge). I saw a an o-line that could not block Alabama's d-line for the most part. If that is disrupted up front we are going to get behind the sticks no matter whether we call a pass or run.

Bama's defense isn't that damn good. They just ain't. Plays were there to be made and the few times we ran, we ran well. Kylin averaged 6.7 yds/carry and Aeris 4.0. And we had some drops that would've been 1st downs too.

I know you want to blame Mullen for everything ... but this offense has the personnel to be good. Pretty darn good at that. Moorhead has drawn up and been tentative in 4 or our 6 SEC games. And he even admitted that ... at least for the 1st 3 losses he did.

Goldendawg
11-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Sorry, but 8-4 will never have been good for me this year. Just not what I expected. Hoping for better in the near future. Hail State!

BankerDog
11-10-2018, 08:19 PM
You don?t bring anything at all to this board and I really question why you are even a fan of this school. All you do is bash our athletics programs; you make it seem as if you?re a modern day Knute Rockne but in reality you know nothing about schemes, etc.

By the way, I hope you uphold our bet. We?re closer to 9 wins as I suggested and have already surpassed what you said we would get after the FL game.

Really Clark?
11-10-2018, 08:20 PM
If Mullen was still the HC, does scoring less than 10 points in 4 SEC games and dragging the bottom of the league in scoring, with the same QB that scored double the previous year have posters calling to fire him even if we go 8-4? What’s the over/under of the number of melting threads and posters calling for his head?

No I am not saying we should fire Moorehead, not close to it. And I do believe his offense can work in the SEC. Also believe he has a playbook that can work with our personnel but it’s been disjointed this year because of several reasons, one is his first year in this league. This game was going to be tough without hitting on all cylinders on offense. But it is fair to not just question the coaching but to be concerned when it has happened this many times. No I didn’t think we should have scored a ton in this game, I know our personnel is plenty good enough to avg 21 points per game in this conference no matter who is coaching. And it’s not like we went from triple option to air raid in offensive change.

msstate7
11-10-2018, 08:20 PM
You don?t bring anything at all to this board and I really question why you are even a fan of this school. All you do is bash our athletics programs; you make it seem as if you?re a modern day Knute Rockne but in reality you know nothing about schemes, etc.

By the way, I hope you uphold our bet. We?re closer to 9 wins as I suggested and have already surpassed what you said we would get after the FL game.

I see you wanna include the bowl game. Ha

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Road games.... point is he is not a good fit for us. Hopefully he won?t run the program in the ground to far in two years

If he's still 8-4 after two years will you still think he has run our program in the ground? Pretty nonsensical post when you consider how some coaches- like Smart and Saban fared in year one.

Bama's defense isn't that damn good. They just ain't. Plays were there to be made and the few times we ran, we ran well. Kylin averaged 6.7 yds/carry and Aeris 4.0. And we had some drops that would've been 1st downs too.

I know you want to blame Mullen for everything ... but this offense has the personnel to be good. Pretty darn good at that. Moorhead has drawn up and been tentative in 4 or our 6 SEC games. And he even admitted that ... at least for the 1st 3 losses he did.

Bama's defense isn't good? The stats don't agree with you. They're one of the best in the SEC and are easily top three in the conference. The players "are good" for Dan's system. But the reality is even under Dan they didn't fare that well against elite SEC defenses. The other reality is we are starting a 3 star QB, two 3 star WR's, a 3 star TE, and five 3 star OL. Not coincidentally our RB's are 2 4 star players and Guidry was a 4 star and are among our best and most impactful on offense. We have to at least double our star power on the offensive side of the ball to compete with the elite consistently in the SEC. Dan never really did that on the offensive side of the ball. Our starting defense is almost entirely comprised of 4 star players except for a couple like Erroll Thompson and Cam Dantzler. So for us at this point it's more about increasing talent and finding players that fit our system.

Sorry, but 8-4 will never have been good for me this year. Just not what I expected. Hoping for better in the near future. Hail State!

8-4 with an Egg Bowl loss was good enough for many of our fans under Dan. Not necessarily you- but I find it funny that so many defended Dan for going 8-4 and are now pissed at Joe in year one for having the same type of year.

BankerDog
11-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Honestly..go look at the ?09 offense versus this offense. There?s an arguement to be made that the ?09 offense actually had more talent then this offense.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:28 PM
If Mullen was still the HC, does scoring less than 10 points in 4 SEC games and dragging the bottom of the league in scoring, with the same QB that scored double the previous year have posters calling to fire him even if we go 8-4? What’s the over/under of the number of melting threads and posters calling for his head?

No I am not saying we should fire Moorehead, not close to it. And I do believe his offense can work in the SEC. Also believe he has a playbook that can work with our personnel but it’s been disjointed this year because of several reasons, one is his first year in this league. This game was going to be tough without hitting on all cylinders on offense. But it is fair to not just question the coaching but to be concerned when it has happened this many times. No I didn’t think we should have scored a ton in this game, I know our personnel is plenty good enough to avg 21 points per game in this conference no matter who is coaching. And it’s not like we went from triple option to air raid in offensive change.

I want to wait and see how our offense does against Arkansas and Ole Miss first. Most of the other offenses ahead of us have played an easier schedule defensively to this point. I think we will be fine because we scored in the 20's against Auburn and A&M- two of the weaker defenses we've played plus we have blown out our OOC competition.

That's why this isn't like Croom to me. Because Croom struggled to score against everyone.

dawgday166
11-10-2018, 08:28 PM

I'm in this camp with you. I'm not calling for Joe to be fired this time, but I am concerned with the number of times this has happened this year. I thought he had maybe gotten over the hump with boneheaded, tentative game plans. I'm pretty concerned now about our last 2 games, especially OM.

I would love for Joe to get the offense figured out so a down day is at least 17 points or so. Cause I want this staff to stay together if possible, especially the D side of the ball. The D side coaches are doing an awesome job. Now if the O side can step up, we may be able to go farther than Mullen would've ever taken us. I believe we could at least get to where we were. Hell, we probably a couple wins better with Mullen this year, but we don't win SEC.

Homedawg
11-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Duh- it's cause it's against great defenses*****

Lance Harbor
11-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Beside the drops comment this is one of the dumbest takes I've seen.

Really Clark?
11-10-2018, 08:43 PM
I want to wait and see how our offense does against Arkansas and Ole Miss first. Most of the other offenses ahead of us have played an easier schedule defensively to this point. I think we will be fine because we scored in the 20's against Auburn and A&M- two of the weaker defenses we've played plus we have blown out our OOC competition.

That's why this isn't like Croom to me. Because Croom struggled to score against everyone.

I agree we have let it play out and I do expect it to be a good bit better. Can’t say it’s not a concern but I do want the complete picture at this point. First shut out since Croom is not good but we have had several just FG games. 4 times in one season is a concern though

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 08:47 PM
I agree we have let it play out and I do expect it to be a good bit better. Can’t say it’s not a concern but I do want the complete picture at this point. First shut out since Croom is not good but we have had several just FG games. 4 times in one season is a concern though

At this point it tells me that we aren't elite on offense. I think we're probably average on a national scale- which is not good enough to score a lot on a SEC defense a lot but good enough to beat an average SEC defense and score a lot on a G5 defense.

Really Clark?
11-10-2018, 08:57 PM
At this point it tells me that we aren't elite on offense. I think we're probably average on a national scale- which is not good enough to score a lot on a SEC defense a lot but good enough to beat an average SEC defense and score a lot on a G5 defense.

I tend to agree. We have the potential to be above avg with our personnel but the engine is just misfiring way too much. And it’s from multiple areas, coaching and players. Coupled with which I believe is an elite defense, just avg gets us to 10 wins. But that’s the past now. What I want to see is an offense that can produce to the opposition’s level. The next are giving up over 40 per game in conference. We don’t have to match that but it needs to be a much cleaner 30+ per game, that what I hope to see

Percho
11-10-2018, 09:05 PM
All I know is the play we had called on third and a yard did not have a snowball chance in hell of picking up a yard.

And I like Joe

Dawg61
11-10-2018, 09:07 PM
When't the last time we scored a SEC road touchdown?

https://media.giphy.com/media/FoH28ucxZFJZu/giphy.gif

Really Clark?
11-10-2018, 09:07 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/FoH28ucxZFJZu/giphy.gif

Kentucky

MarketingBully
11-10-2018, 09:17 PM

It would be much easier if we played teams like Kentucky and Florida later in the year when they are beat up to shit and list their depth. Kentucky has a decent starting 22 but literally no depth. Same with Florida have no depth. I have no doubt if we played either of those teams later in the year they would be easy wins.

MarketingBully
11-10-2018, 09:20 PM
All I know is the play we had called on third and a yard did not have a snowball chance in hell of picking up a yard.

And I like Joe

What about the 3rd and 3 call where Fitz slid? What was Fitz’s QBR in those road games? I know he had a 4 QBR against LSU and 9.9 against Bama. He had an 11 QBR against Florida. He had a whopping 26 against Kentucky. You aren’t winning shit when your QBR is hovering a little over single digits.

Doggie_Style
11-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Moorhead is on a surprisingly steep learning curve and at this point it really concerns me that he isn’t learning much....we go into games so unprepared and his body language is that of a sloth on Xanax

CowtownDawg
11-10-2018, 09:24 PM

Um, that would be just a few hours ago in Tuscaloosa. Or did you forget about the TD that Hill scored that was stolen from us by one of the worst calls by any SEC ref all season?

Dawg61
11-10-2018, 09:34 PM
his body language is that of a sloth on Xanax

https://media.giphy.com/media/HetW1AVRvG1fq/giphy.gif

MetEdDawg
11-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Moorhead is on a surprisingly steep learning curve and at this point it really concerns me that he isn?t learning much....we go into games so unprepared and his body language is that of a sloth on Xanax

Tell me why it's surprising. The SEC is hard. Find one coach that has come in and lit the world on fire year 1? McElwain?? Yeah he didn't make it a total of 3 seasons. It almost never happens and it's not always good when it does. Means nothing has changed. New coaches have to make changes and if you don't think Moorhead has made changes for the positive then you've made up your mind on him and even facts won't change that.

Truth is this: Fitz can't run this offense. Moorhead had to adapt and has. He didn't cut his teeth in the NCAA running this type of offense though. It might be similar but it's not the same. It's hard enough making adjustments to your style, but it's damn hard year 1 in the SEC. Look at how miserable our offense looked with Tyler Russell at QB. He didn't fit Mullen.

Moorhead got thrown into a virtual no win situation. He would have had to have won at least 10 regular season games to make the entire fan base happy. That's a damn tall task as a first time D1 Head Coach. Moorhead has struggled yes. It's only going to get better from here. Moorhead is going to get bowl practices and a healthy Key that can participate in all aspects of the offseason, unlike Fitz who was injured. Don't think that didn't make a huge difference this year. But Moorhead will get the offense right.

Really Clark?
11-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Tell me why it's surprising. The SEC is hard. Find one coach that has come in and lit the world on fire year 1? McElwain?? Yeah he didn't make it a total of 3 seasons. It almost never happens and it's not always good when it does. Means nothing has changed. New coaches have to make changes and if you don't think Moorhead has made changes for the positive then you've made up your mind on him and even facts won't change that.

Truth is this: Fitz can't run this offense. Moorhead had to adapt and has. He didn't cut his teeth in the NCAA running this type of offense though. It might be similar but it's not the same. It's hard enough making adjustments to your style, but it's damn hard year 1 in the SEC. Look at how miserable our offense looked with Tyler Russell at QB. He didn't fit Mullen.

Moorhead got thrown into a virtual no win situation. He would have had to have won at least 10 regular season games to make the entire fan base happy. That's a damn tall task as a first time D1 Head Coach. Moorhead has struggled yes. It's only going to get better from here. Moorhead is going to get bowl practices and a healthy Key that can participate in all aspects of the offseason, unlike Fitz who was injured. Don't think that didn't make a huge difference this year. But Moorhead will get the offense right.

That’s true but how many new coaches can we compare with teams that were winning and didn’t fire their coach? Smart at GA, Arkansas with Petrino, LSU after Saban left and Miles was still winning but below their standard. So few comparables to draw the correlation you are making about new coaches. Nearly all are stepping into losing programs. The Petrino deal turned into a dumpster fire. LSU did very well transitioning to Miles (won a title and played for another against Saban) and O at least stayed where they were with the last years of Miles. Smart was worse than Richt his first year, won 8. Smart may be the closest to objectively compare. And his defense did perform worse than the previous year, but not 15 points worse. 8 points worse.

NCDawg
11-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Need upgrade at OL, WR and ST coaches as well....

Particularly OL. Pretty obvious today how Alabama's DL dominated our OL.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 10:15 PM
That’s true but how many new coaches can we compare with teams that were winning and didn’t fire their coach? Smart at GA, Arkansas with Petrino, LSU after Saban left and Miles was still winning but below their standard. So few comparables to draw the correlation you are making about new coaches. Nearly all are stepping into losing programs. The Petrino deal turned into a dumpster fire. LSU did very well transitioning to Miles (won a title and played for another against Saban) and O at least stayed where they were with the last years of Miles. Smart was worse than Richt his first year, won 8. Smart may be the closest to objectively compare. And his defense did perform worse than the previous year, but not 15 points worse. 8 points worse.

Am I correct in assuming that you are using scoring defense for all games with Smart?

If so- last year we averaged 32 PPG on offense. This year we're averaging 26 PPG including today in all games. And I suspect that average will go up the next two weeks. On the season we're not far off from where we were last year.

We project to go 8-4 after going 9-4 last year if things go as expected. Miles took a 9-3 team to 11-2 the next season. Smart took a 10-3 team and went 8-5 the next year running much more similar schemes to what his personnel was built for than our team. Petrino left the team in turmoil.

Really Clark?
11-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Am I correct in assuming that you are using scoring defense for all games with Smart?

If so- last year we averaged 32 PPG on offense. This year we're averaging 26 PPG including today in all games. And I suspect that average will go up the next two weeks. On the season we're not far off from where we were last year.

We project to go 8-4 after going 9-4 last year if things go as expected. Miles took a 9-3 team to 11-2 the next season. Smart took a 10-3 team and went 8-5 the next year running much more similar schemes to what his personnel was built for than our team. Petrino left the team in turmoil.

Well No conference only games but I did miscalculate. Their conference scoring defense was identical to their overall scoring defense, 24 points in 2016. They went from a 19.9 scoring defense in 2015 in conference and to 24 points in 2016. So I was wrong but it’s actally less than what I posted. Only a 4.1 point increase instead of 8 like I posted.

MarketingBully
11-10-2018, 10:29 PM

Petrino went 5-7 his first year.

BayouDawg
11-10-2018, 10:32 PM
We all know why the offense is struggling. It was demonstrated perfectly when nick slid a yard shy of the first on 3rd down. That is a lack of situational awareness. Running an RPO the qb has to be aware and think quick. We all love Fitz but him in this offense is like oil and water.

BankerDog
11-10-2018, 10:41 PM
Fact of the matter is this...Willie Gay catches the Pick-6 and Mitchell catches the ball against FL, we win that one. We don?t go brain dead against LSU, we win that one and are sitting 7-2. We?ll finish the year 8-4 regardless.

Joe had guys running wide open tonight behind their secondary but Wonder Boy would not pull the trigger or doesn?t scan the field at all. That?s on Fitz. Sliding, etc shows me one thing..he has quit. I would be ashamed of my QB if he did that in a game.

For everyone who said we should run Mullen?s offense and if Mullen were here it?d be the same issues. Mullen rode Fitz more then Jo has. Only difference between the two is Jo will go vertical and gives more responsibility on every play to the QB; not his fault he doesn?t have a QB with a good football IQ. What baffles me is Hud running Justin Johnson and Green out there only to watch them drop passes right in the hands. Dontea Jones goes and catches his pass gains 5 and we don?t see him the rest of the game.

yjnkdawg
11-10-2018, 10:46 PM
We all know why the offense is struggling. It was demonstrated perfectly when nick slid a yard shy of the first on 3rd down. That is a lack of situational awareness. Running an RPO the qb has to be aware and think quick. We all love Fitz but him in this offense is like oil and water.

JoeMo is not running his offense which had surprised defenses up until this year. He had to adapt our offense so Fitz could run it. So all the RPO options that he wants to attack a defense with aren't there.

BayouDawg
11-11-2018, 12:47 AM
JoeMo is not running his offense which had surprised defenses up until this year. He had to adapt our offense so Fitz could run it. So all the RPO options that he wants to attack a defense with aren't there.

This is accurate

yjnkdawg
11-11-2018, 01:01 AM

He likes to post a lot and troll for argumentative responses.