PDA

View Full Version : Our Secondary

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 07:00 PM
As good as our DL has been our secondary has improved by leaps and bounds. We shutdown bama big play receivers all day! Dantzler is a shutdown corner. Shoop has done wonders! We need to pay the man!

msstate7
11-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Shoop is a BA

BuckyIsAB****
11-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Smitherman and Dantzler are SEC corners.

Peters is good depending on who he sees. He will blow up at the combine but he isnt very good against smaller guys like Bama has. He plays hard though.

We should be fine vs OM.

Coursesuper
We play very good team defense for sure.

Thick
That was my biggest concern, was covering their receiving corp. They were impressive

Cooterpoot
11-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Smitherman and Dantzler are SEC corners.

Peters is good depending on who he sees. He will blow up at the combine but he isnt very good against smaller guys like Bama has. He plays hard though.

We should be fine vs OM.

Peters is waaay better than Smitherman. Not close.

msstate7
11-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Oh, and open up the checkbook for shoop. We absolutely cannot lose him

BuckyIsAB****
11-10-2018, 07:05 PM

I know you like to think you are always right but you are wrong on this one. Peters struggles vs smaller receivers. Smitherman doesnt. He can defend both

Kingbarkus
11-10-2018, 07:06 PM
As good as our DL has been our secondary has improved by leaps and bounds. We shutdown bama big play receivers all day! Dantzler is a shutdown corner. Shoop has done wonders! We need to pay the man!

Good post. I?ve been critical of our secondary but they have improved. I thought the PI was iffy. Good coaching.on that side of the ball.

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Oh, and open up the checkbook for shoop. We absolutely cannot lose him

Absolutely! Open up the vault Cohen

bulldawg28
11-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Not true. Smitherman is the real deal.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Not true. Smitherman is the real deal.

I think all three- Peters, Dantzler, and Smitherman are the real deal.

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 07:39 PM
The secondary as a whole has been great. Also Morgan #29 played extremely well today in his first extended playing time. Shoops a difference maker at dc.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:45 PM
The secondary as a whole has been great. Also Morgan #29 played extremely well today in his first extended playing time. Shoops a difference maker at dc.

Gives me some hope for next year when we lose Sweat, Simmons and our defensive line.

Interestingly enough we return all of our linebackers, two corners who have started and played well and while we lose our safeties we have a couple of nickle/star players that can maybe slide over to safety next year and fill the void as seniors.

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Gives me some hope for next year when we lose Sweat, Simmons and our defensive line.

Interestingly enough we return all of our linebackers, two corners who have started and played well and while we lose our safeties we have a couple of nickle/star players that can maybe slide over to safety next year and fill the void as seniors.

Agreed. Also Shoop is great at making in game adjustments. After the first quarter we shut bama down. Also this maybe small to some but in years past we'd of given up that td at the end.

Saltydog
11-10-2018, 07:59 PM
corner. Wait until he doesn't have that Dline next year and see if you say the same thing.

bulldawg28
11-10-2018, 08:02 PM
I think all three- Peters, Dantzler, and Smitherman are the real deal.

Agreed

Commercecomet24
11-10-2018, 08:03 PM
corner. Wait until he doesn't have that Dline next year and see if you say the same thing.

He was very good last year as a freshman he's been great this year I expect him to continue learning and his upward trajectory. While the dl helps watch him in coverage. He's a blanket. Guess time will tell