PDA

View Full Version : Fitz playing does nothing for our program

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 06:31 PM
at this point. Why can't our head coach see this?

Coach007
11-10-2018, 06:32 PM

F you

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 06:48 PM
F you

Is he your son?

Coach007
11-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Is he your son?

No you are just ignorant

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2018, 06:51 PM

You need to crawl back under whatever rock you came out from under.

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 06:52 PM
No you are just ignorant

Well we scored 0 points so we probably shouldn't try to change anything

vv83
11-10-2018, 06:52 PM

Let’s sit our best QB for the next 2 very winnable SEC games lolllllll

Think man

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Let’s sit our best QB for the next 2 very winnable SEC games lolllllll

Think man

That's fine. We should win both of those games on defense alone regardless of who's playing QB.

Not throwing the flea flicker pass and sliding on the 3rd down are just mind boggling things for a 5th year senior to screw up.

BuckyIsAB****
11-10-2018, 07:00 PM

GTFO

KOdawg1
11-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Fitz was far from the issue tonight. And I've been one of Fitz's harshest critics this season. He made some good throws. Not his fault his receivers still can't catch and his center kept snapping the ball early. Only thing Fitz could've done better is get rid of the ball or roll out of the pocket to avoid some sacks. Other than that, he and the rest of the team were just simply overmatched

Dawgfan77
11-10-2018, 07:06 PM
It?s fime to go all in on Kelly Bryant sweepstakes

KOdawg1
11-10-2018, 07:08 PM
It?s fime to go all in on Kelly Bryant sweepstakes

Now, I wouldn't be opposed of this. I think Bryant would fit well here

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Fitz was far from the issue tonight. And I've been one of Fitz's harshest critics this season. He made some good throws. Not his fault his receivers still can't catch and his center kept snapping the ball early. Only thing Fitz could've done better is get rid of the ball or roll out of the pocket to avoid some sacks. Other than that, he and the rest of the team were just simply overmatched

I agree. And then there is the fact that he is a senior who has done a lot for us as a player. He doesn't deserve to sit the next three games out. And I've been a pretty harsh critic too. Winning the last two games needs to be our priority and then going to a good bowl game.

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Seriously, all you people who said "**** you," what are you seeing that I'm not? There's tons of problems across our offense, but we are handcuffing ourselves to have our problems continue to leak well into next season. Its not like we would be sacrificing big time performances. Fitz has had 2 decent to good games against power 5 teams this year.

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2018, 07:13 PM
Seriously, all you people who said "**** you," what are you seeing that I'm not? There's tons of problems across our offense, but we are handcuffing ourselves to have our problems continue to leak well into next season. Its not like we would be sacrificing big time performances. Fitz has had 2 decent to good games against power 5 teams this year.

If there was an obvious better alternative you would get some takers. You aren't getting any takers.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:19 PM

I agree that saying **** you is over the top and uncalled for. But from a sports point of view- I disagree. Think about how many people would use benching a fifth year QB against us in recruiting? One that holds the SEC record for rushing yards by a QB. It's just not the right thing to do. And very unfair to Fitzgerald. It's not like he played like Mike Henig out there today. He HAS improved as a passer even though he is never going to be where any of us would want him to be.

On top of that- we really don't know 100% for sure if Key will even be our QB next year or not.

My hope is that we do well against Arkansas and Ole Miss and we have an opportunity to work Key in some.

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 07:20 PM
If there was an obvious better alternative you would get some takers. You aren't getting any takers.

Its easy to argue we haven't seen enough to know that. What's not easy to argue is that we have seen enough to know we will likely get a shit offensive performance with what we are doing. Granted the last 2 games we should do better regardless of who we play. I just think we are doing ourselves no favors figuring out what we have a little bit more while watching performances like this.

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Also, i'm not sure there's ever been a QB play this poorly over the course of a season and not get benched at virtually any point.

Lance Harbor
11-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Bryant is not the answer

Now, I wouldn't be opposed of this. I think Bryant would fit well here

Liverpooldawg
11-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Its easy to argue we haven't seen enough to know that. What's not easy to argue is that we have seen enough to know we will likely get a shit offensive performance with what we are doing. Granted the last 2 games we should do better regardless of who we play. I just think we are doing ourselves no favors figuring out what we have a little bit more while watching performances like this.

You play the guy that gives you the best chance to win the next two games, period. That is Fitz. Look man, I've never really been a big proponent of Fitz. I'm certainly not in the system we have now, but he is still the best shot we have at the moment.

tcdog70
11-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Dude you continue to beat a dead horse. You are a number 1 Fitz hater, we get it. Our coaches see Fitz and our other QBs everyday. I think they know who to play. He has been the total offense leader in the SEC. He is the leading rusher as a QB in sec history. He threw the ball ok tonight, once again his receivers let him down. He did every thing he could do last year to Beat Bama, his Coach and the Refs, ****ed us in that 1. So lighten up on Fitz and figure out who you gonna hate when he is gone.

chef dixon
11-10-2018, 07:37 PM
Dude you continue to beat a dead horse. You are a number 1 Fitz hater, we get it. Our coaches see Fitz and our other QBs everyday. I think they know who to play. He has been the total offense leader in the SEC. He is the leading rusher as a QB in sec history. He threw the ball ok tonight, once again his receivers let him down. He did every thing he could do last year to Beat Bama, his Coach and the Refs, ****ed us in that 1. So lighten up on Fitz and figure out who you gonna hate when he is gone.

I won't deny that accusation.

I don't know. He just doesn't play the QB position well. Never really has and now his athleticism isn't what it used to be. We trust the coaches that they know who to play, but also rip them for every other decision they are making.

Todd4State
11-10-2018, 07:48 PM
I won't deny that accusation.

I don't know. He just doesn't play the QB position well. Never really has and now his athleticism isn't what it used to be. We trust the coaches that they know who to play, but also rip them for every other decision they are making.

To be fair, Key didn't look very good against A&M when given the opportunity. Small sample size, but it's what we have. Fitz is not a good technical passer- and never will be. I can respect that he has improved as the year went on. He was recruited to fit a different system where Dan wanted a guy that could be a 6'5"240 pound tank with an arm. Tebow was not a great passer either.