PDA

View Full Version : I continue to be amazed our RBs can?t get the ball

cheewgumm
11-10-2018, 06:14 PM
I hope Moorhead?s offense works out in the long run, but if We aren?t gonna get the ball to Hill I don?t get it.

Bass Chaser
11-10-2018, 06:54 PM
I believe Fitz is being selfish and not giving it up.

Coursesuper
11-10-2018, 06:56 PM
You folks need to go to YouTube and do some research on zone blocking and the RPO. It will help you.

Bass Chaser
11-10-2018, 08:26 PM
Give me the Cliff's Notes version. I think he's making the wrong read.

Coursesuper
11-10-2018, 08:30 PM
Give me the Cliff's Notes version. I think he's making the wrong read.

It's just not that simple. There are pre and post snap reads involved. Take the time sometime it will really open your eyes. I'm not saying that Fitz is prefect by any stretch here.

HoopsDawg
11-10-2018, 08:33 PM
It's just not that simple. There are pre and post snap reads involved. Take the time sometime it will really open your eyes. I'm not saying that Fitz is prefect by any stretch here.

How can Fitz make a pre-snap read when he has to check with SLO-mo before every snap.

Bass Chaser
11-10-2018, 09:13 PM
How can Fitz make a pre-snap read when he has to check with SLO-mo before every snap.

No difference than checking like Dak did with Mullen.

Remember Dak,5th year Sr at home, against LSU with Mullen being here 7 years and we get a delay of game call that cost us the game.

Coursesuper
11-10-2018, 09:21 PM

Every team in the country does check with me in some form.

AlSwearengen
11-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Assuming that Fitz is making the correct reads, if I were a dc, I would take away the rb and make Fitz keep it. He isn’t as dangerous as he was pre-injury.

msstate7
11-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Every team in the country does check with me in some form.

Ours is especially slow. We were 113th in the country in number of offensive plays entering today. We were 17th last year

Saltydog
11-11-2018, 01:07 AM
just doesn't understand what it takes to win at an SEC program like MSU. We're never gonna have the biggest or the fastest so you'd better figure out what they do well and build around that. So far the stubborn SOB hasn't shown the ability to do that. We should be running the read option.

Goldendawg
11-11-2018, 01:08 AM
Ours is especially slow. We were 113th in the country in number of offensive plays entering today. We were 17th last year

Sometimes a "genius" thinks about things longer than others. These stats are a case in point. Einstein ever a OC?

Goldendawg
11-11-2018, 01:10 AM
just doesn't understand what it takes to win at an SEC program like MSU. We're never gonna have the biggest or the fastest so you'd better figure out what they do well and build around that. So far the stubborn SOB hasn't shown the ability to do that. We should be running the read option, not the rpo.

Yeah, we keep doing the same things over and over against fast, strong SEC defenses and expecting a different result. That is insanity, not genius.

Cooterpoot
11-11-2018, 04:07 AM
The offense is damn awful. There?s no argument about it. It?s a terrible ass offense with the players we?ve got and we keep pounding our heads against the wall trying to make it work. And honestly, I don?t think it will ever work here, but we?ll see.

Maroonthirteen
11-11-2018, 06:42 AM
We have two games left vs the 80th and 124th ranked defenses. These next two games will define JoMos inaugural season.