PDA

View Full Version : Tider Insider predicts a 2-score game (good write-up)...

WSOPdawg
11-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Tider Insider predicts a 2-score game and they do a decent job of breaking down position-by-position each team's respective groups. It has the usual home-team slant regarding who has the advantage at the end of each group, but they are #1 in the nation (so there's that).

Their prediction is 28-13 Bama (which is much closer than I was expecting). Here's the link:

https://news.tidefans.com/2018/11/09/msu-preview-bulldogs-could-be-tides-biggest-regular-season-test/

And for the record, the former coaching staff (Merlin and the country club) pissed their pants during the past 9 years against Bama, and THAT reason alone was why I was glad for the change of coaches. Now I'm not the biggest JoMo fan, but what he does Saturday could definitely sway me back to his side after sh!tting the bed against UK and UF. JoMo doesn't have to win the game, but I need to see more that 6 or 7 points scored and see us being more competitive than any team Bama has faced this season.

Hail State and GOTHOM!!!

msstate7
11-09-2018, 05:53 PM
28-13 would really impress me

Jarius
11-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Their own homer insiders give us more of a chance than most of our fan base. We have a chance tomorrow but most of our people act like it would take some sort of miracle. We have the best defense in college football and we have seen offenses worse than ours move the ball and score points on them. It would certainly be a big upset but people are going overboard with how much luck they think we need to win the game.

Dawgowar
11-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Their own homer insiders give us more of a chance than most of our fan base. We have a chance tomorrow but most of our people act like it would take some sort of miracle. We have the best defense in college football and we have seen offenses worse than ours move the ball and score points on them. It would certainly be a big upset but people are going overboard with how much luck they think we need to win the game.

Providing we don't get rattled and shit the bed early/often - I think we win. There, said it.

Jarius
11-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Providing we don't get rattled and shit the bed early/often - I think we win. There, said it.

The first possessions of the game for each team will tell me everything I need to know about how the game will go. If we come out looking lost on offense with false starts and shit and they march down and score on us easily it is already over, just like LSU. If we move the ball some and hold them down it will be a game.

msstate7
11-09-2018, 06:16 PM

We're a bigger dog than la tech was vs us last week. We've played 2 good teams on the road and we lost by 21 and 16. Now we play the best team in the country in the road. What exactly should we base optimism on?

NCDawg
11-09-2018, 06:20 PM
The first possessions of the game for each team will tell me everything I need to know about how the game will go. If we come out looking lost on offense with false starts and shit and they march down and score on us easily it is already over, just like LSU. If we move the ball some and hold them down it will be a game.

You are correct. If they kick off to us and we don't move the ball and are forced to punt, we're in big trouble right off the bat.

defiantdog
11-09-2018, 06:24 PM
28-13? Not a chance..... this will be closer to 45-9. Sorry guys, but we just aren't a road team. And our offense is sporadic at best.

Jarius
11-09-2018, 06:24 PM
We're a bigger dog than la tech was vs us last week. We've played 2 good teams on the road and we lost by 21 and 16. Now we play the best team in the country in the road. What exactly should we base optimism on?

Because we have shown life on offense at times. The Kentucky game was a complete shit show in a monsoon and the LSU game was the worst gameplan on offense I have ever seen. I’m not telling you to be optimistic. I’m telling people to stop acting like if we play well we can’t hang with them. We may not play well. In fact, that is probable....but damn, it’s not going to take Armageddon for us to win and that is what most of our fans think.

WSOPdawg
11-09-2018, 06:37 PM
28-13? Not a chance..... this will be closer to 45-9. Sorry guys, but we just aren't a road team. And our offense is sporadic at best.

I won't be surprised if it's 45-9 or 45-0, but I also think that at some point this year, the Bulldogs defense will come up with a 3- or 4-turnover game. If this happens Saturday, Bama doesn't sniff 45 points while we blow way past 21 points.

Something else to keep an eye on is Tua supposedly has a gimpy knee that could prove troublesome. With Hurts already relegated to emergency-play only because of injury, WHAT IF the injury bug bites Bama early in the game and Tua is unable to compete at his expected norm?

Highly intriguing scenarios that if either (or both) occur, this game could be tighter than many expect.

WSOPdawg
11-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Because we have shown life on offense at times. The Kentucky game was a complete shit show in a monsoon and the LSU game was the worst gameplan on offense I have ever seen. I’m not telling you to be optimistic. I’m telling people to stop acting like if we play well we can’t hang with them. We may not play well. In fact, that is probable....but damn, it’s not going to take Armageddon for us to win and that is what most of our fans think.

Yep, I fully expect this to be Bama's closest game so far in the season.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Jo-Mo will not have a puckered up ass like Mullen. Our offense is going be no holds bar. What do they have to lose? Everyone is picking Bama. Arkansas scored 21 on them.

Jarius
11-09-2018, 07:29 PM
Jo-Mo will not have a puckered up ass like Mullen. Our offense is going be no holds bar. What do they have to lose? Everyone is picking Bama. Arkansas scored 21 on them.

Arkansas scored 31

TUSK
11-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Arkansas scored 31

Yup... ULL lit us up late, too..

Bammer has struggled defensively in the 4th...

I_Spy
11-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Tirrrrred of Bama, Bama has always been easier to beat early in the season rather than in November. Saban excels in a lot of areas but team toughness and preparation late is what I would envy. He’s running scared this week, talking about complacency so pubically, I think.

msstate7
11-09-2018, 08:09 PM

Even if we play our absolute best we have to hope they don't play well. If they play well, it doesn't matter what we do

Jarius
11-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Yup... ULL lit us up late, too..

Bammer has struggled defensively in the 4th...

You gave up 17 points on Arkansas in the first 3 quarters. 14 in the first half. If we score that many it will be a really good game.

Jarius
11-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Even if we play our absolute best we have to hope they don't play well. If they play well, it doesn't matter what we do

If they play well it’s because we didn’t play our best, and vice versa. If we play our best and they play their normal game we will beat them. I don’t expect us to play our best on either side of the ball, especially on the road. They will have a lot to do with that.

Jarius
11-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Tirrrrred of Bama, Bama has always been easier to beat early in the season rather than in November. Saban excels in a lot of areas but team toughness and preparation late is what I would envy. He’s running scared this week, talking about complacency so pubically, I think.

That is not true. The team that has beaten them most since Saban arrived is the last team on their schedule every year. The reason we never beat them late in the year is because they are always way better than we are.

I_Spy
11-09-2018, 08:49 PM
I meant as a team, they looked shakey early on during some of sims, Coker years back. They should be beaten down by the end of the schedule though. Maybe Saban is weak EOY. Lol

TUSK
11-09-2018, 08:50 PM
You gave up 17 points on Arkansas in the first 3 quarters. 14 in the first half. If we score that many it will be a really good game.

You're right.... Arkie kept it close up until the Half....

Jarius
11-09-2018, 09:01 PM
No one said they kept it close, smartass. I said your defense got scored on by offenses worse than ours and it was not in the 4th quarter. We may or may not score 14 in the first half like the worst team in the SEC did on you, but if we do it will be a good game. Unlike them, we have a defense. A better one than you have, actually.

TUSK
11-09-2018, 09:04 PM
No one said they kept it close, smartass. I said your defense got scored on by offenses worse than ours and it was not in the 4th quarter. We may or may not score 14 in the first half like the worst team in the SEC did on you, but if we do it will be a good game. Unlike them, we have a defense. A better one than you have, actually.

I was just effin with ya, man... lighten up...

I do disagree about the defenses, however...

Jarius
11-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Cool.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

TUSK
11-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Cool.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Don't do "stats" with me, buddy... that's my bag...

Dawgfan77
11-10-2018, 08:04 AM
If we come out in joeMo air afraid then Katy bar the door. However if we try and establish the run and don?t panic ala UK and LSU then it will be a close game. This will not only be the beat Defense they have played but it will be the best OL as well. Field position will be key no doubt but I really think we can run the ball on the Bama. We come out throwing stuff out our ass. Well it could get ugly. I like what joe has done against AM and Tech but I still don?t trust him.

basedog
11-10-2018, 08:41 AM
I was just effin with ya, man... lighten up...

I do disagree about the defenses, however...

Tusk my man, I know you are laughing inside and holding your tongue, good for you I suppose. LOL

As far as defenses, Bama has a big advantage when comparing Msu to Bama on defense, it's Bama's offense. Bama scores so quick and so much it changes everything for the opposing team when it comes to play calling, it's call let's catch up, LOL!

I'm pretty sure IF Bama and Msu swapped offenses Msu would be #1, Bama would be ranked thou! LOL!

Oh, Bama has been so good for so long, I use to pull for the Bear a lot back in the day, not so much for Saban but that's just me. I do pull for Bama in National Championship games, I hate other conferences!

msbulldog
11-10-2018, 08:42 AM

The fact that our games remember last year and have a chip on their shoulder.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2018, 08:48 AM

That has happened every big road SEC game so far.

35-3. Bama

Jarius
11-10-2018, 09:27 AM
Tusk my man, I know you are laughing inside and holding your tongue, good for you I suppose. LOL

As far as defenses, Bama has a big advantage when comparing Msu to Bama on defense, it's Bama's offense. Bama scores so quick and so much it changes everything for the opposing team when it comes to play calling, it's call let's catch up, LOL!

I'm pretty sure IF Bama and Msu swapped offenses Msu would be #1, Bama would be ranked thou! LOL!

Oh, Bama has been so good for so long, I use to pull for the Bear a lot back in the day, not so much for Saban but that's just me. I do pull for Bama in National Championship games, I hate other conferences!

Lol

Jarius
11-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Like I said, if we scored 14 at half it would be a good game. We only really scored 7 and Bama only really scored 14. Would have been terrific to see the game fairly called. No telling what would have happened.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2018, 08:02 PM
If it would have been 14-7 at half. We would have lost 20-7.

Jarius
11-10-2018, 09:10 PM
If it would have been 14-7 at half. We would have lost 20-7.

It would have been 17-7 if things finished the exact same way. There is no telling what would have happen if our offense would have punched it in and gained confidence knowing they get the ball to start the second half...the bullshit calls turn the entire momentum of the game. It changes shit. Saying we still would have lost is not factoring in things like that. I know I would have loved to find out. Also, with Kentucky shitting the bed we needed to lose as close as possible for bowl scenarious and playoff rankings. We still had a chance at a big bowl with a really close loss.