PDA

View Full Version : Vitter resigning from the plantation.

starkvegasdawg
11-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Wonder which side this initiated from.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2018, 11:33 AM
I guess he wasn't pro KKK enough after Dan Jones started them down the path of the 21st century. Jones is the one that started getting rid of racist symbols. Vitter should have been fired for letting that walking abortion that is known as the landshart represent a public university.

TrapGame
11-09-2018, 12:57 PM
But Bdork is still there.

Lord McBuckethead
11-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Say what you want Bjork did a hell of a job. If he would have been the AD in the Redmond situation he would have had an additional 21 games to play in his career

TrapGame
11-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Say what you want Bjork did a hell of a job. If he would have been the AD in the Redmond situation he would have had an additional 21 games to play in his career

Yep, Bdork is the wheel that keeps the Network spinning. He's the perfect AD for what ole miss wants to accomplish.

Tripp McNeely
11-09-2018, 02:24 PM
“Spiritchuck” is already pimping Haley Barbour...is that a good or bad thing for us?

shannondawg
11-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Something I have notice dear Archie has not been mentioned since the rev Freeze situation reared its ugly head.

Lack of Institutional control could be a factor, or Vitter hasn't been comfortable since stepping into that rats nest, just looking for a jumping off point on that wild ride.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Wonder which side this initiated from.

Maybe Vitter just got tired of managing the trash.

SailingDawg
11-09-2018, 03:57 PM
I thought he had already been told he wouldn't be renewed?

confucius say
11-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Wasn't Vitter's choice.

He "resigned" about as much Stans "resigned."

TrapGame
11-09-2018, 04:33 PM
“Spiritchuck” is already pimping Haley Barbour...is that a good or bad thing for us?

I'm sure Haley has deep ties to the Network, if not a charter member.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-09-2018, 04:47 PM
He'll probably sleep better tonight than he has the past 2-3 years. Move to a classroom job or wherever with the same pay and ride it out until his contract ends. And laugh at the next guy try to hold on to the reins with that bunch. I'm curious to see who wants to go that route honestly. You know they will look into all that has gone on and look at Vitter's time having to pretend everything was under control and then knowing his day to day activities were nothing like a normal school President was supposed to have.

There was a reason they kept the Pillsbury doughboy as head coach. Same reason they haven't gotten rid of Djork. We'll see how it plays out with the school head. Stay tuned.

LC Dawg
11-09-2018, 04:58 PM

I think Haley Barbour would be a disaster for them. It might be a little bad for Mississippi State in the short term but long term I think we would come out way ahead.

MaroonFlounder
11-09-2018, 06:25 PM
The word is ... he was at a function and one of the biggest donors was there, and Vit had NO CLUE who the guy was.

And then after being told who he was, hit him up for another donation. The donor said it'd be a cold day in HELL before he gives another dime to the univ.

BeardoMSU
11-09-2018, 06:31 PM

That'd be hilarious if true.

Bully13
11-09-2018, 06:43 PM
17 shitbird U. They can all go to hell and die.

Dolphus Raymond
11-09-2018, 06:55 PM
I really hope they hire an Academic rather than Barbour, then fire Bjork and replace him with a well qualified AD. Let the new chancellor run the academic side and the AD run athletics. Perhaps I am too much of an idealist, but athletics and academics should not overlap. The tail should never wag the dog. In a perfect world, that is how it would be, but the world of college athletics is so far from perfect now it makes me ill.

timotheus
11-09-2018, 08:03 PM
The only thing that may be altered is the scheme of diversion.

RocketDawg
11-09-2018, 08:11 PM
I think Haley Barbour would be a disaster for them. It might be a little bad for Mississippi State in the short term but long term I think we would come out way ahead.

But he would have the right "Suthun accent" for them.

RocketDawg
11-09-2018, 08:12 PM
I really hope they hire an Academic rather than Barbour, then fire Bjork and replace him with a well qualified AD. Let the new chancellor run the academic side and the AD run athletics. Perhaps I am too much of an idealist, but athletics and academics should not overlap. The tail should never wag the dog. In a perfect world, that is how it would be, but the world of college athletics is so far from perfect now it makes me ill.

I agree, but I'd rather see US do it than them.

Dolphus Raymond
11-09-2018, 08:50 PM
I agree, but I'd rather see US do it than them.
This.

Todd4State
11-09-2018, 10:18 PM
The Network clouds things because they have so much control there but sometimes organizational changes at the top (Vitter in this case) lead to organizational changes below the ladder (Bjork).

I'm not looking for that to happen because the network runs things. Ideally for them I'm sure that they would want another Khayat.

They're a football school in the sense that the decisions with the football program dominate decisions for the whole university there- but what they have essentially done is created an almost closed chain because of how they expect things to be done there with regards to recruiting. And what that has led to is only a small pool of coaches that typically have ties to Ole Miss that are the only ones willing to work there (Freeze, Luke, Brewer). That will always limit their upward mobility in the sport.

And while they got off light with the NCAA-I highly doubt that they will ever try to recruit nationally by buying out players from under people like Georgia, Notre Dame, and Alabama ever again. Which is for them basically the only model where they can build a consistent winner that can go to NY6 bowl games.

In the meantime we've built a really good football atmosphere that is better than theirs and we will be going to our ninth bowl in a row and have a great chance to win 8 games....all the while going through a coaching staff transition.

robert
11-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Shep Smith fits old myth to a tee.

Hate to see his gay ass back in Mississipp.