PDA

View Full Version : WTH?

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Alabama VS:

Miss State- 102 times. It will be 103 this weekend.
Tenn-101 times
Auburn-66 times but it will be 67
Ole Miss-66 Times.
GA-68 times. Will be 69 here pretty soon.

Take out 28 for the west schools because they were forced to play Alabama the past 28 season and you get.

Mississippi State-75
Auburn-39
Ole Miss-38

Another kick in the balls State has only played 22 of those games in Starkville But played 52 in Tuscaloosa, 9 in Birmingham and 1 in Montgomery.

Hell even LSU has played Bama more then Auburn.

Really Clark?
11-09-2018, 11:32 AM
Auburn and Bama didn?t play for 41 years because of issues with player per diems and officiating. The State Legislature threatened to withhold funding unless they renew the rivalry, which they did in 1948

tcdog70
11-09-2018, 11:32 AM
they didn't play for years-big fight caused a discontinue.. hell Ole Miss played Chattanooga in place of Bama and it counted as a SEC game.

Homedawg
11-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Alabama VS:

Tenn-101 times
Ole Miss-66 Times.

Take out 28 for the west schools because they were forced to play Alabama the past 28 season and you get.

Mississippi State-75
Auburn-39
Ole Miss-38

Another kick in the balls State has only played 22 of those games in Starkville But played 52 in Tuscaloosa, 9 in Birmingham and 1 in Montgomery.

That damn LT............

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2018, 02:00 PM
This is why to honestly compare how we stack up against the rest of the SEC, just compare the last 30 or so years. I would say that when we started actually playing games in Starkville consistently in the 90s that is a good starting point.

Matty Dispatch
11-09-2018, 02:24 PM
This is why to honestly compare how we stack up against the rest of the SEC, just compare the last 30 or so years. I would say that when we started actually playing games in Starkville consistently in the 90s that is a good starting point.

Agree. We played with one hand behind our back for a long time. There is a long stretch of games vs. LSU in Baton Rouge only. Even right up to JWS we played Florida every year in either Gainesville, Tampa or Orlando from 1987-1992. But in 1986 and 1992 when they came to Starkville we won the games.

RocketDawg
11-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Alabama VS:

Tenn-101 times
Ole Miss-66 Times.

Mississippi State-75
Auburn-39
Ole Miss-38

Montgomery? When did that happen? They only have a high school size stadium.

For the record, we played a few games against Ala in Jackson.

TUSK
11-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Montgomery was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, buddy....

Bammer used to play OM & MSU in Jackson only... I was at the 86 game in Vegas and Bammer didn't play in Oxford til 1993...

RocketDawg
11-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Montgomery was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago, buddy....

Bammer used to play OM & MSU in Jackson only... I was at the 86 game in Vegas and Bammer didn't play in Oxford til 1993...

When I was in school all our "home" games were in Jackson, except the really crappy ones. Still can't understand why.

TUSK
11-09-2018, 10:18 PM
When I was in school all our "home" games were in Jackson, except the really crappy ones. Still can't understand why.

Bammer did the same thing back in the day... LSU, AU and Tennessee were in B'ham and the rest were in TTown...

It had a lot to do with stadium capacities and TV was less influential then... IMO

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 10:21 PM

Yes they did play in Jackson but you are giving up a true home field advantage. Hell State had to travel just as far as Bama for that game.

Pit Bull
11-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Alabama VS:

Tenn-101 times
Ole Miss-66 Times.

Mississippi State-75
Auburn-39
Ole Miss-38

I know one thing......the MSU games in Jackson turned the Natchez Trace into one of the most dangerous highways in the world AFTER the games when everyone was scooting back to Vegas! I saw a bunch of vehicle fatalities involving students. Going 50 mph was too tempting for the Nascar Boys to try and pass. Saw cars hit head on into other cars, into trees, into deer, and even saw one go into Ross Barnett and submerged.....occupants had to be pulled out before the car went under. I picked up a couple speeding tickets too boot. Rangers could hide better than any other cop I have ever seen!!

TUSK
11-09-2018, 10:55 PM
I know one thing......the MSU games in Jackson turned the Natchez Trace into one of the most dangerous highways in the world AFTER the games when everyone was scooting back to Vegas! I saw a bunch of vehicle fatalities involving students. Going 50 mph was too tempting for the Nascar Boys to try and pass. Saw cars hit head on into other cars, into trees, into deer, and even saw one go into Ross Barnett and submerged.....occupants had to be pulled out before the car went under. I picked up a couple speeding tickets too boot. Rangers could hide better than any other cop I have ever seen!!

Hey Pit, did you ever happen to take the Old Highway 82 (it's called "30", now) between MS and Tuscaloosa.... If so, you prolly remember "Dead Man's Curve".... it was almost a right angle in a US Highway, on stilts, over a slough...