PDA

View Full Version : Basketball is here!

msstate7
11-09-2018, 08:23 AM
I'm so pumped about this team. We're an 18.5 pt favorite tonight. Let's get this season started with a dominating performance. I'm calling Tyson carter for our leading scorer tonight, and our most improved player this year. I think he's gonna be the sharp shooter we've been missing

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 09:06 AM
I hope you are correct. We have been hype for three years now.

thf24
11-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Not exactly... a lot of it was wishful thinking generated by recruiting and Howland's reputation. Now we've got experience, depth, and no glaring weaknesses, so the hype is finally justified.

I'm looking forward to the opener tonight as well; I'll call a 15/10+ performance for Ado.

Dawg61
11-09-2018, 09:26 AM
I'm so pumped about this team. We're an 18.5 pt favorite tonight. Let's get this season started with a dominating performance. I'm calling Tyson carter for our leading scorer tonight, and our most improved player this year. I think he's gonna be the sharp shooter we've been missing

Carter will have some nice games this year and I think he will be on the brink of NBA potential that he'll reach next year but I think Reggie Perry is gonna really stand out as the major difference between last year and this for this team. We have some really talented freshman with Perry being the gem of the class. This time the recruiting experts were right with Perry. He is every bit a 5* player.

cheewgumm
11-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Agree!!!

I think they?re gonna be great. Can?t wait.

Will be in Vegas on 19th for Az State game.

StarkVegasSteve
11-09-2018, 09:32 AM
I'm hoping for a 20/15 type game from Peters to get his Draft hype train rolling. That's what will keep him most engaged this year. He knows he can play himself into the first round this year and if he starts seeing his name rise up I think we're going to get some special performances out of him.

thf24
11-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Carter will have some nice games this year and I think he will be on the brink of NBA potential that he'll reach next year but I think Reggie Perry is gonna really stand out as the major difference between last year and this for this team. We have some really talented freshman with Perry being the gem of the class. This time the recruiting experts were right with Perry. He is every bit a 5* player.

Agreed. Until I saw him in the exhibition, I was under the impression he was a lanky stretch 4 who mostly looks to shoot from outside. Very pleasantly surprised to see he's built to play inside and was skilled on the block in addition to draining some outside shots. Huge potential.

Fader21
11-09-2018, 09:40 AM
I rarely watch b-ball until after football season. Since I'm not going to a HS game tonight, is the game on TV?

msstate7
11-09-2018, 09:43 AM
I rarely watch b-ball until after football season. Since I'm not going to a HS game tonight, is the game on TV?
Secn+

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-09-2018, 10:54 AM
This team has top 5 experience and top 15 talent, add in coaching consistency and a well ballanced roster and there's 0 reason we can't make the sweet 16/ be a 4 seed.

Ado is a solid 4, Holman is a + at 4, Perry should be solid front court backup, Woodard looks to be an above average 3, the Spoons and Peters are about as good of a 3 guard set as is in the country, and we have depth

fishwater99
11-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Over/under on # of Dunks tonight?

Big4Dawg
11-09-2018, 11:00 AM

We haven't been anywhere close to being ranked

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 11:25 AM
We haven't been anywhere close to being ranked

All I was saying was the past three season on this message board everyone has been fired up. I hope it is real. I don't want another let down.

tcdog70
11-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Holman will shine--points-rebounds and blocks.

MCsMGs
11-09-2018, 01:02 PM
All I was saying was the past three season on this message board everyone has been fired up. I hope it is real. I don't want another let down.

There has been good reason to be fired up for the last three years. Some had unrealistic expectations when Howland brings in his first class of 7 that was a top 10 class and thought we should immediately be a tourney team. As talented as that group is, we had no experienced leadership on the floor and those guys weren't top 10 talent. . Howland has continued to bring in quality talent, cull the under performers and develop the leadership to be a quality team. We are now in a position to perform at a high level.

Shouldn't be a surprise or a mystery...

LC Dawg
11-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Often the teams to make big moves in the tourney are teams with seniors that have played all four years. We have that in Q and Holman. If we do make the tourney, which we should, I think we make some noise - like Sweet 16 at least.
I look for Holman to have a big year. You can tell he's got the tools and he's had flashes the last three years but I think it all comes together for him this year.