PDA

View Full Version : Simmons says DBlock coming to play

Cowbell
11-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Saturday and felt the game would be won in the trenches. Also said the o-line would be carrying a lot of weight because it?s important for us to run it down their throat. I hope this is what we are planning to do.

Said not many people giving them a chance but they are coming to play. Some of our fans need to get in this boat instead of being the ?outside noise?.

I got plenty of time to mope on Sunday if needed, no need to start today. Hail state!

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2018, 10:21 PM
I expect us to play our ass off & play really well.

Issue is that the margin for error with this Bama is so small. One miss-step or missed tackle & they take it to the house.

It's going to be tough.

Our best chance to give us a chance is if our DL comes & plays to their tip-top potential thus giving Tua very little time.

TUSK
11-07-2018, 10:24 PM
I'm down with this...

I think the match-up that will most influence the outcome is MSU OL v Bammer DL...

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2018, 10:27 PM
I'm down with this...

I think the match-up that will most influence the outcome is MSU OL v Bammer DL...

Agree. We could be the best defense in America on Saturday & give up 28 points.

However, our offense isn't scoring anywhere near that many unless our OL plays their ass off.

Ezsoil
11-07-2018, 11:00 PM
I saw Simmons at the Women's game and told him to make some money Saturday....just as Fletcher Cox parlayed his play in the Alabama game to a first round selection.

Homedawg
11-07-2018, 11:48 PM
Saturday and felt the game would be won in the trenches. Also said the o-line would be carrying a lot of weight because it?s important for us to run it down their throat. I hope this is what we are planning to do.

Said not many people giving them a chance but they are coming to play. Some of our fans need to get in this boat instead of being the ?outside noise?.

I got plenty of time to mope on Sunday if needed, no need to start today. Hail state!

Clearly we have to be able to run. But they haven't let fitz run or dak ever. Need to be able to run the tb and pass as scary as that sounds. Wo it we have zero shot. Need a d score or little shot

Homedawg
11-07-2018, 11:48 PM
I'm down with this...

No question

Jarius
11-08-2018, 07:00 AM
I'm down with this...

Yep. It was the reason the game was different last year. If state gets a push up front it will be a ballgame.

msbulldog
11-08-2018, 07:16 AM
LSU's DL forced Tua out of the pocket last week causing his first interception of the season and the first time he was below 50% completion ratio. I know our DL is way better than LSU's.

TUSK
11-08-2018, 07:34 AM
LSU's DL forced Tua out of the pocket last week causing his first interception of the season and the first time he was below 50% completion ratio. I know our DL is way better than LSU's.

huh?

I think you may have meant 60%....

Dawgfan77
11-08-2018, 08:40 AM
I'm down with this...

Not only is this the best DL Bama has faced its probably the best OL as well

gravedigger
11-08-2018, 08:56 AM

They only way we win this game is by not being predictable on offense and the defense making some spectacular plays to keep it within a score. I'm afraid the dumbed down offense we are stuck with now isnt going to provide us with much ability to be unpredictable. The defense, however can keep us in it. I'm rooting hard for a great game, but I'm not expecting it to turn out that way.

If we hold Bama to their lowest point total while scoring 14 or more ourselves we will effectively be considered to have held serve with the ranking committee. Fitz must not get loose with the ball. Our defense will have to play to defend the deep ball all game no matter the down and distance and rely on the front 4-5 to keep bama's run game from gashing us.

Dawgology
11-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Problem is we won’t score more that 10 points (if any) and our offensive line is susceptible to bonehead penalties in hostile environments. This has been their calling card all year. We get behind the chains on the road. We have a great defense but Bama has a great offense and their is just no way to keep them out of the end zone the entire game. It will probably be kind of close until the half and then the game will get away from us. Plus...Moorhead’s first visit to Ttown=not good.

I’m actually skipping this game. Have some family stuff lined up and just treating it as a known quantity and moving on. Bama kind of kills interest in the SEC for me. If the money from the SEC wasn’t so good I’d consider a conference move for State. I know a lot of other programs would consider it as well. There is simply no parity in the upper tiers in college football anymore. Makes for a boring sport.

Thick
11-08-2018, 09:33 AM
We still have to cover their receiving corp. I’m not saying that we cannot, but aTm dropped quite few passes and La Tech’s QB was scared shitless. We have to play the PERFECT game, not just on the field, but on the sidelines and in the booth as well. I think last year’s game opened our eyes that WE could beat them.

DawgFromOxford
11-08-2018, 10:02 AM
We still have to cover their receiving corp. I’m not saying that we cannot, but aTm dropped quite few passes and La Tech’s QB was scared shitless.

This is what I'm worried about. Auburn and A&M both slipped a WR downfield and just over threw him completely. We can't let that happen. The defense has been blessed by some dropped passes at times. Lastly our screen defense has gotten better but we still get gashed at times. I'm not worried about the defensive line doing their job. It's our DB's and linebackers that will have to step up.

preachermatt83
11-08-2018, 10:11 AM
I am afraid you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment. Hope I'm wrong but I see 34-10 type game at best.

GreenheadDawg
11-08-2018, 10:15 AM
I am afraid you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment. Hope I'm wrong but I see 34-10 type game at best.

Yeh I’m all for optimism but I also live in reality. I’m happy as long as we don’t get blown out

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2018, 12:36 PM

That would still be Bama's closest game this year which is pretty pathetic. There is a reason a lot of media is saying this is Saban's Best Overall team Ever. He has always had a pretty dominant defense but now has added one of the best Offenses in SEC History.

To win this game, we need some turnovers.

msbulldog
11-08-2018, 01:23 PM
huh?

I think you may have meant 60%....

Yep my bad.