PDA

View Full Version : Dan Heefner, Dallas Baptist Head Coach...

HoopsDawg
11-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Here's what I got to see with DBU today and why they mash.

Every rep was either measured for EV or in some form of competition.

Tons of weighted bats and different movement ideas.

In 3 hours of practice Heefner stopped things once for 90 seconds to talk mechanics.

Damn it Cohen. Can't believe you didn't interview this guy.

Cooterpoot
11-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Hitting is all about biomechanics and not just a swing now. It's movement assessment & technology, thrown in with strength. Hitting philosophy is old school.

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Heefner is damn good.

Will likely only leave for another Christian U though because of stuff he like to do with his team.

HoopsDawg
11-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Hitting is all about biomechanics and not just a swing now. It's movement assessment & technology, thrown in with strength. Hitting philosophy is old school.

Little different than my day. Hit down on the ball!

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Little different than my day. Hit down on the ball!

Yep, I was taught to keep a level swing and try to hit the top half.

Cooterpoot
11-07-2018, 01:05 PM
But, even with all he changes, it's still about getting on plane and hitting the ball hard. Nothing different than Ted Williams taught really. Just different and better ways to assess how to get there.

MedDawg
11-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Here's what I got to see with DBU today and why they mash.

Every rep was either measured for EV or in some form of competition.

Tons of weighted bats and different movement ideas.

In 3 hours of practice Heefner stopped things once for 90 seconds to talk mechanics.

Damn it Cohen. Can't believe you didn't interview this guy.

Should have spent the whole practice bunting

Backspin
11-07-2018, 02:25 PM
But, even with all he changes, it's still about getting on plane and hitting the ball hard. Nothing different than Ted Williams taught really. Just different and better ways to assess how to get there.

Excellent post!

CoachT14
11-07-2018, 02:37 PM
One of the most underrated and best coaches out there. He's built that program into a powerhouse using hitting biomechanics. I've seen him talk hitting twice. He's brilliant.