PDA

View Full Version : Rooting interests for this week

Gomez09
11-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Who should we be rooting for this week to help out our bowl pecking order?

Dawgbite
11-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Whomever is playing Ole Miss.

parabrave
11-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Need Dan and Gus to lose. But we all know that Gus gonna lose to Bama and of course Dans gonna shit the Bed against FSU.

WSOPdawg
11-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Need Dan and Gus to lose. But we all know that Gus gonna lose to Bama and of course Dans gonna shit the Bed against FSU.

Need the following:

1) USCe over Florida
2) UT over UK
3) Arky over LSU

gravedigger
11-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Need the following:

1) USCe over Florida
2) UT over UK
3) Arky over LSU

1. good chance
2. very outside chance
3. no chance

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Need the following:

1) USCe over Florida
2) UT over UK
3) Arky over LSU

UK and LSU losing puts them out of NY6 bowls probably knocking us down a bowl slot unless they lose again or we beat Bama. If LSU loses two then it puts A&M equal to us which might push us down a bowl. UK would have to lose to MTSU or Louisville which isn't happening.

For us to get Citrus, we need UF to lose 1 to 2 games and everyone else above us to win. That puts us at 8-4 along with UF and SC. Then Bama, UGA, LSU, and UK are all in NY6/Playoff Bowls. UF and SC could still get the Citrus but we would have a chance.

WSOPdawg
11-08-2018, 09:54 AM
UK and LSU losing puts them out of NY6 bowls probably knocking us down a bowl slot unless they lose again or we beat Bama. If LSU loses two then it puts A&M equal to us which might push us down a bowl. UK would have to lose to MTSU or Louisville which isn't happening.

For us to get Citrus, we need UF to lose 1 to 2 games and everyone else above us to win. That puts us at 8-4 along with UF and SC. Then Bama, UGA, LSU, and UK are all in NY6/Playoff Bowls. UF and SC could still get the Citrus but we would have a chance.

With UF losing last week to Mizzou, followed by a loss this week to SC (fingers crossed), followed by a potential loss to Florida State at the end of the year would make for a pretty hard nosedive from Merlins' country club crew. I could see us jumping them in the bowl pecking order.

But also see the logic in having UK and LSU maintain their standings for NY6 bowl games (which helps us).

MedDawg
11-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Whomever is playing Ole Miss.

As far as the bowl pecking order, OM beating Texas A&M helps us.

I posted on another board that I kind of wanted OM to beat A&M and then lose to Vandy and State. But now I think I'd just as soon them lose all 3.

WSOPdawg
11-08-2018, 11:10 AM

I posted on another board that I kind of wanted OM to beat A&M and then lose to Vandy and State. But now I think I'd just as soon them lose all 3.

It may help us a little bit, but I can't pull for those cheating bastards. Agree, let them lose all 3. :)

dantheman4248
11-08-2018, 11:17 AM
We win out, we’re in NY6. Only rooting interest we should worry about this weekend is our own. (And for Jimbo, because **** ole miss.)

Johnson85
11-08-2018, 11:24 AM

OM beating A&m doesn't help us unless you are expecting them to beat LSU, in which case LSU will drop out of the NY6 and we're going to be in the Pool of 6 bowls no matter what outside of winning out. If they aren't beating LSU, they are going to top out at 7-5 with a loss to us.

All that really matters to us is that UK win out, LSU win out, and Florida lose as much as possible. If Florida doesn't lose at least one out of the last three and probably two of them, they are going to get slotted to Citrus ahead of us. If UK or LSU lose again, they are probably going to drop out of the NY6 and ensure we are behind them for the Citrus.

MetEdDawg
11-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Yeah we need to root for LSU to win out. They are going to finish ahead of us no matter what, so we need them to take up a NY6 bowl spot.

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Yeah we need to root for LSU to win out. They are going to finish ahead of us no matter what, so we need them to take up a NY6 bowl spot.

The same with UK, need them in the NY6 bowl spot. UF would have to probably lose to SC and FSU for us to get the Citrus over them. UF to the Citrus barring some great lobbying from us is almost a given unless they lose to SC and FSU to finish 7-5. I doubt FSU can beat UF unless that team spirals into the shitter. FSU is REALLY BAD right now. Any decent team with a heart beat should win that game.

RocketDawg
11-08-2018, 06:14 PM

That will be difficult this year for even Dan to do, despite all his experience doing so in big games.

RocketDawg
11-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Probably wouldn't hurt for Central Florida to lose one. Otherwise, they're in line for a high bowl. But doesn't the best G5 get a New Year's Day bowl?

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Probably wouldn't hurt for Central Florida to lose one. Otherwise, they're in line for a high bowl. But doesn't the best G5 get a New Year's Day bowl?

I think they do if they are in the top 16 or so.

WSOPdawg
11-08-2018, 07:09 PM

That is correct -- 1 NY6 spot is reserved for the top G6 team in the playoff rankings. That said, I'd like to see UCF win out to throw more chaos into the playoff mix with hopes that it facilitates / expedites the move to an 8-team playoff in the near future.

Gutter Cobreh
11-08-2018, 08:19 PM
That will be difficult this year for even Dan to do, despite all his experience doing so in big games.

I'm with Para, Dan will lose to FSU this year.

FSU has more talent and Taggart just handed over the play calling duties. I suspect when they meet up, FSU comes to play.

Cooterpoot
11-08-2018, 11:08 PM
NC State just took a terrible loss at home to WF. Damn the ACC is a joke outside of Clemson.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2018, 10:33 AM
NC State just took a terrible loss at home to WF. Damn the ACC is a joke outside of Clemson.

That helps us.