PDA

View Full Version : Zien Williamson is the best basketball player in the nation

Political Hack
11-06-2018, 11:37 PM
Haven't seen everybody else. Don't need to. He's the best college player in the country.

Political Hack
11-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Err... Zion.*

Ifyouonlyknew
11-06-2018, 11:41 PM
He's not the best basketball player on his team

state66
11-06-2018, 11:50 PM
RJ Barrett

msstate7
11-06-2018, 11:54 PM

You really think jack white is better?**

whosyourdawgy
11-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Good Lord. Duke is gonna be hard to beat. Reggie Perry and Robert Woodard looked really good in their debut but holy smokes! Zion Williams and RJ Barrett are just on another level. Duke has 108 pts w over 3 minutes to go. Freshmen have 86 of those points

Ifyouonlyknew
11-07-2018, 12:17 AM
Good Lord. Duke is gonna be hard to beat. Reggie Perry and Robert Woodard looked really good in their debut but holy smokes! Zion Williams and RJ Barrett are just on another level. Duke has 108 pts w over 3 minutes to go. Freshmen have 86 of those points

There's a huge gap between Top 5 NBA lottery Freshmen & contributing Freshmen.

ZedFedder
11-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Nobody even talks about Reddish who is also really good. The point guard is a perfect fit for who he has around him. On top of those guys they have a bunch of others who are just really solid players.

TUSK
11-07-2018, 12:25 AM
Duke has ruined college basketball.

hopsondawg22
11-07-2018, 12:32 AM

That’s gold coming from you.

TUSK
11-07-2018, 12:35 AM
That’s gold coming from you.

woooooooooooooooooosh!

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2018, 08:45 AM

Cecil Hurts knockoff Tweet.

Big difference because of NCAA tournament.

WSOPdawg
11-07-2018, 09:05 AM

118-84 Duke roasts UK!

Johnson85
11-07-2018, 09:33 AM

REp given.

But it really is different. College basketball benefits from having five or six dominant teams. The product is just so much different from an entertainment aspect when you put good teams on the floor. Football is a different animal. If you have 100 teams and spread the talent out equally, the product looks just as good. People can still throw and catch, still block and run, still tackle, etc. All you miss out on is some people enjoy watching dominance over the course of a season rather than parity, but the individual games are still good or possibly better.

In basketball, if you spread the talent over 100 teams equally versus heavily weighting the talent in the top say 5 or 6 teams, you get a different product on the floor. And that's the real reason college basketball sucks, is that there is not enough talent to go around, and chasing the real talent pretty much requires that you don't do anything more complicated than can be installed in an off season, because it's so unlikely that you will both get elite talent and that elite talent will be able to pick up and execute in a fall after being raised in the AAU environment.

Homedawg
11-07-2018, 10:03 AM

yet they, haven't gone crazy winning titles. Neither them nor Uk since the one and done era. Duke has won one title w mostly freshmen 2015(2010 they were an old team) and so has UK. Villanova during the same span has 2..............

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2018, 10:12 AM
yet they, haven't gone crazy winning titles. Neither them nor Uk since the one and done era. Duke has won one title w mostly freshmen 2015(2010 they were an old team) and so has UK. Villanova during the same span has 2..............

The tournament and the dynamic that in any given game a less talented team can shoot 80% from 3 point range, changes things completely.

Yes, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and UNC are always the favorite, but the gam itself offers many more teams a legitimate chance.

Football doesn't work that way.

Political Hack
11-07-2018, 10:25 AM

I'll go toe to toe with any basketball evaluator in the country on this one. Nobody touched Williamson last night. Not even close. He was, by far, their best player last night.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-07-2018, 10:52 AM
I'll go toe to toe with any basketball evaluator in the country on this one. Nobody touched Williamson last night. Not even close. He was, by far, their best player last night.

He's their most explosive & athletic. Barrett is clearly the better player. Barrett's game doesn't have a weakness there are still plenty areas Zion can improve. He's so big strong athletic & fast it's hard for a team to exploit those weaknesses. The crazy thing is Cam Reddish May have the highest ceiling of all 3.

State82
11-07-2018, 11:31 AM

Nice

Political Hack
11-07-2018, 11:49 AM
He's their most explosive & athletic. Barrett is clearly the better player. Barrett's game doesn't have a weakness there are still plenty areas Zion can improve. He's so big strong athletic & fast it's hard for a team to exploit those weaknesses. The crazy thing is Cam Reddish May have the highest ceiling of all 3.

There's no doubt the other two are insanely talented and are more complete basketball players, but no one will be able to match up with williamson this season. He's too strong and too fluid in the post. And he can run the floor and dish it. He's the guy that's going to give coaches nightmares. You have to collapse on him in the paint. You have no choice, but that leaves everyone else open and the ball in the hands of a guy who can see the court and make the pass to an open shooter. He's what's going to make them go on offense and defense. His help side is sick.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-07-2018, 11:52 AM
There's no doubt the other two are insanely talented and are more complete basketball players, but no one will be able to match up with williamson this season. He's too strong and too fluid in the post. And he can run the floor and dish it. He's the guy that's going to give coaches nightmares. You have to collapse on him in the paint. You have no choice, but that leaves everyone else open and the ball in the hands of a guy who can see the court and make the pass to an open shooter. He's what's going to make them go on offense and defense. His help side is sick.

Now this I agree with. He's the ultimate mismatch. Too strong for any wing but way too quick for any big. He's a good & willing passer so the offense could run through him a lot. In crunch time though when they need a basket there's no doubt in my mind that ball is going to Barrett to get a bucket or make a play.

StarkVegasSteve
11-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Now this I agree with. He's the ultimate mismatch. Too strong for any wing but way too quick for any big. He's a good & willing passer so the offense could run through him a lot. In crunch time though when they need a basket there's no doubt in my mind that ball is going to Barrett to get a bucket or make a play.

This is true. No one is getting the ball but Barrett or Reddish when they have to have a bucket. Although after watching them last night I don't know how many games they'll be in a situation where they absolutely have to have a basket in a tight game. That team is filled with mismatches.

sonofozarka
11-07-2018, 01:28 PM
I disagree, I think with the way that Zion can handle the ball and pass, I think he just as easily be the primary option to put the ball in his hands when things get tight. He can get to the rim and handle it just as well as Barrett, plus he's much more physical so he should get to the FT line more often.

On Duke as a whole though, I think this 1 game is getting overhyped. I would say they won't win the title, and may be bounced before the Final 4 like they have been before with loaded rosters. Mainly because none of the freshman are great outside shooters. If someone packs it in and can force them to shoot 3's, their inconsistency will hurt them

Political Hack
11-07-2018, 01:34 PM
I hope it's overhyped because if they play like that all season, the seasons already over.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-07-2018, 01:43 PM
I disagree, I think with the way that Zion can handle the ball and pass, I think he just as easily be the primary option to put the ball in his hands when things get tight. He can get to the rim and handle it just as well as Barrett, plus he's much more physical so he should get to the FT line more often.

On Duke as a whole though, I think this 1 game is getting overhyped. I would say they won't win the title, and may be bounced before the Final 4 like they have been before with loaded rosters. Mainly because none of the freshman are great outside shooters. If someone packs it in and can force them to shoot 3's, their inconsistency will hurt them

His handle isn't as tight as Barrett's but when guarded by a big it doesn't have to be. I do think this game was Duke on 10 & they will have some game where they're on 6 or 7. Remember in March it only takes 1 bad day for 40 minutes to be over.

Political Hack
11-14-2018, 10:00 PM
Y'all see that dunk? Wow. Kid is the best player on the floor.