PDA

View Full Version : #16 in CFP poll

msudawglb
11-06-2018, 09:47 PM
For some odd reason, NC State and Syracuse jumped us in the polls.

msstate7
11-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Florida, Kentucky, and LSU all got whipped at home. Our really good losses look less good this week

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2018, 09:49 PM
And for the "teams that beat us suck" crowd:
UF #15
KY #11
LSU #7

Interesting that the polls still think they are strong teams....

msudawglb
11-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Florida, Kentucky, and LSU all got whipped at home. Our really good losses look less good this week

And Syracuse has lost to unranked Pittsburgh and NC State has lost to Syracuse. And they both have been beat by Clemson

HoopsDawg
11-06-2018, 09:54 PM
UF #15
KY #11
LSU #7

Dude, come on. We should have beaten UF and UK. We would be 7th in the country right now.

msstate7
11-06-2018, 09:56 PM
And Syracuse has lost to unranked Pittsburgh and NC State has lost to Syracuse. And they both have been beat by Clemson
I don't have a vote... email the committee. I just told you why

msstate7
11-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Dude, come on. We should have beaten UF and UK. We would be 7th in the country right now.

Nah, Kentucky and Florida are power houses and we only kept it close bc Moorhead is Saban 2.0 - Brunswick

TUSK
11-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Rk Team
1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Michigan
5 Georgia
6 Oklahoma
7 LSU
8 WSU
9 UWV
10 Ohio State
11 Kentucky
12 UCF
13 Syracuse
14 NC State
15 Florida
16 MSU
17 BC
18 Michigan St.
19 Texas
20 PSU
21 Iowa
22 Iowa St.
23 Fresno St.
24 Auburn
25 Washington

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2018, 09:58 PM
But we didn't - and we have fans that have declared they suck. Fact is they don't suck - and the poll that matters recognizes that the SEC is an incredibly close conference that beats the shit out of each other.

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Nah, Kentucky and Florida are power houses and we only kept it close bc Moorhead is Saban 2.0 - Brunswick

All teams that beat us are trash because I said so. Now I'm going to post it 10,000 times for emphasis. - msstate7

LC Dawg
11-06-2018, 10:01 PM
NC State had a game cancelled against #9 West Virginia. Pretty decent luck.

msstate7
11-06-2018, 10:02 PM
All teams that beat us are trash because I said so - msstate7

They aren't trash. They just aren't as good as us. We should've beat Kentucky and Florida. Our coach crapped the bed

BigEasyDawg
11-06-2018, 10:10 PM
How high will we rise WHEN we beat Bama :)

Homedawg
11-06-2018, 10:12 PM
UF #15
KY #11
LSU #7

Well if we would have beaten them like we should have they'd look worse. And we'd be higher.

Homedawg
11-06-2018, 10:13 PM
But we didn't - and we have fans that have declared they suck. Fact is they don't suck - and the poll that matters recognizes that the SEC is an incredibly close conference that beats the shit out of each other.

I never said any of those teams sucked- just that we should have beaten 2 of them for sure and been way closer if not won the other. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Cooterpoot
11-06-2018, 10:15 PM
College football is down all over. Lots of average teams behind AL.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Well Stricklin can not vote for State or Florida. Got to ask is that one vote the difference in Florida and Miss State being behind some of those schools.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2018, 10:28 PM
College football is down all over. Lots of average teams behind AL.

Why consider it down?

Maybe there are just more above average teams.

msstate7
11-06-2018, 10:36 PM

Like a rocket... won't happen though

Cooterpoot
11-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Why consider it down?

Maybe there are just more above average teams.

Because I’ve been watch a lot of average teams this year. The top 4 will be the weakest ever. We missed a huge opportunity.

TUSK
11-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Because I’ve been watch a lot of average teams this year. The top 4 will be the weakest ever. We missed a huge opportunity.

This is correct... CFB is a stratified pile of 'meh'...

RocketDawg
11-06-2018, 10:46 PM

We'd be the first 3-loss team to ever be in the playoffs. Either that, or they'd just cancel the playoffs because they were so shocked that Bama lost.

cheewgumm
11-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Man who started this ?I said so? narrative.

First Todd, now Brunswick. Did someone send out a memo?

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2018, 10:55 PM
Interesting comments from the CFP chairman:

https://twitter.com/brett_hudson/status/1060014794676281344?s=21

mparkerfd20
11-06-2018, 10:59 PM
We'll either be 9 or 23 next week.

HoopsDawg
11-06-2018, 11:00 PM
This is correct... CFB is a stratified pile of 'meh'...

It's Bama-Clemson then everyone else and even Clemson barely beat A&M. I personally think Notre Dame is weak. Vandy blew that game.

Homedawg
11-06-2018, 11:06 PM
It's Bama-Clemson then everyone else and even Clemson barely beat A&M. I personally think Notre Dame is weak. Vandy blew that game.

Agree. Nd isn't good. Whoever plays them first round gonna roll

msstate7
11-06-2018, 11:08 PM

Clemson has got much better since then by making the move at qb. Defense is living up to potential now too

HoopsDawg
11-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Clemson has got much better since then by making the move at qb. Defense is living up to potential now too

I think I agree but the ACC is so bad it's hard to know for sure. I do like Lawrence though.

Todd4State
11-07-2018, 12:03 AM
UF #15
KY #11
LSU #7

No we lost because Joe Moorhead wouldn't run Dan Mullen's offense that he doesn't know and we beat those teams last year because we all know teams don't change in an offseason.**

Todd4State
11-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Man who started this ?I said so? narrative.

First Todd, now Brunswick. Did someone send out a memo?

The fact of the matter is there is a LOT more evidence out there that supports Brunswick and my opinion than yours or anyone else that thinks that we should have unquestionably beat those teams.

I also find it ironic that we have so many fans pissed off at Joe for essentially doing the same thing that Dan did- and many of those same fans gave Dan a complete pass for doing the same thing.

msstate7
11-07-2018, 12:13 AM
No we lost because Joe Moorhead wouldn't run Dan Mullen's offense that he doesn't know and we beat those teams last year because we all know teams don't change in an offseason.**

Moorhead's offense scored 7, 6, and 3 in those games. We are tied with vandy for the lowest scoring output vs Kentucky. We are tied with Charleston southern for the lowest scoring output vs Florida. We only outscored se la against LSU. Why you wanna polish these turd performances, I have no idea. They were awful, and quite frankly, indefensible. Moorhead has since turned in a really solid effort vs aTm. I wanna build on that, but make no mistake, we blew a huge opportunity this year

Todd4State
11-07-2018, 12:31 AM
Moorhead's offense scored 7, 6, and 3 in those games. We are tied with vandy for the lowest scoring output vs Kentucky. We are tied with Charleston southern for the lowest scoring output vs Florida. We only outscored se la against LSU. Why you wanna polish these turd performances, I have no idea. They were awful, and quite frankly, indefensible. Moorhead has since turned in a really solid effort vs aTm. I wanna build on that, but make no mistake, we blew a huge opportunity this year

No one is saying that they were "good" performances. However, trying to say that UK, LSU, and Florida are "bad" is just flat out wrong. We had solid outings against Auburn as well as A&M. We also blew out everyone we have played OOC when we typically have a game that is much closer than it should be.

As far as the "huge opportunity"- we blew that three years ago when we didn't recruit any WR's and were only signing three o-linemen a year resulting in us having to start two sophomores at tackle this year. There were always questions about the WR's in the offseason and we all heard about how it takes 5-6 games to get Joe's offense down. Here we are after game nine and have had probably our two best offensive performances to date. There was hope that we could have a special season- but there is no way to know how it is going to turn out until the games are actually played.

I think people like you are completely missing the big picture here. Joe has a good offense and it seems to be coming together now. We're still recruiting well on the defensive side of the ball- by 2021 we will probably be starting at least four UA AA's on that side of the ball alone when they are juniors. We're also going to improve at WR when Heath (Heath and us got screwed by JPS BIG time) and Patterson are here plus Joe is bringing in a legit four star QB in Shrader that will start for us and be very good and also fits his offense. But let's bitch about how we're never going to have an "opportunity" like this again for years to come during a year where we are making a complete coaching transition. I'm sure Georgia fans aren't bitching about Kirby Smart now after he had an 8-5 year himself in year one including a three TD loss to an Ole Miss team that WE beat by 5 TD's in Oxford.

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2018, 09:01 AM
No one is saying that they were "good" performances. However, trying to say that UK, LSU, and Florida are "bad" is just flat out wrong. We had solid outings against Auburn as well as A&M. We also blew out everyone we have played OOC when we typically have a game that is much closer than it should be.

As far as the "huge opportunity"- we blew that three years ago when we didn't recruit any WR's and were only signing three o-linemen a year resulting in us having to start two sophomores at tackle this year. There were always questions about the WR's in the offseason and we all heard about how it takes 5-6 games to get Joe's offense down. Here we are after game nine and have had probably our two best offensive performances to date. There was hope that we could have a special season- but there is no way to know how it is going to turn out until the games are actually played.

I think people like you are completely missing the big picture here. Joe has a good offense and it seems to be coming together now. We're still recruiting well on the defensive side of the ball- by 2021 we will probably be starting at least four UA AA's on that side of the ball alone when they are juniors. We're also going to improve at WR when Heath (Heath and us got screwed by JPS BIG time) and Patterson are here plus Joe is bringing in a legit four star QB in Shrader that will start for us and be very good and also fits his offense. But let's bitch about how we're never going to have an "opportunity" like this again for years to come during a year where we are making a complete coaching transition. I'm sure Georgia fans aren't bitching about Kirby Smart now after he had an 8-5 year himself in year one including a three TD loss to an Ole Miss team that WE beat by 5 TD's in Oxford.

He's also missing the big picture that the SEC - despite all the teams who beat us being "trash" and the teams we beat being "paper tigers" - is hands down recognized as the most difficult league with the most talent. And that talent spreads pretty deep throughout the league. Any one of Bama, UGA, LSU, KY, UF, MSU, Auburn, or A&M would be at worst a 1 loss team in any other conference in the country right now. And the CFP committee realizes that.

What that depth of talent leads to is that right now - outside of Bama - on any given Saturday, any SEC team can lose in conference play. It's why LSU can look like "trash" against UF (and to a degree against MSU) and then blow the doors off of UGA. It's why you can't walk into Lexington and just think you are going to win because you beat Kentucky by 30 last year. It's why I wouldn't be shocked at all to see LSU lose to Arkansas this weekend, or see Ole Miss beat A&M this weekend and then lose to Vandy the next.

And, yes, I'm disappointed that we lost those 3 games that were winnable games. I'm disappointed that we got caught in transition year unexpectedly. I'm disappointed that the known deficiencies that we have (QB consistency, OL pass blocking, WR talent) had to take a step back in learning an entirely new system, instead of being able to progress in a system they knew.

But, the fact that after all of this the people who define football respect in this country through their poll still have us at #16 helps me understand that we have climbed a huge, HUGE, hurdle in public perception about where MSU is as a program and where we are in the pecking order of the SEC. Has there ever been a 3 loss MSU team given this much respect at this point in the season? Have we ever been able to say "after we take that 4th loss at Bama we will probably still be ranked"? No. Even with out best player in history, they dropped us like a bad habit after 2 losses and wrote us off as "same old MSU". We take care of business the rest of this season, and we will be set up to begin to take the next step.

msstate7
11-07-2018, 09:12 AM
He's also missing the big picture that the SEC - despite all the teams who beat us being "trash" and the teams we beat being "paper tigers" - is hands down recognized as the most difficult league with the most talent. And that talent spreads pretty deep throughout the league. Any one of Bama, UGA, LSU, KY, UF, MSU, Auburn, or A&M would be at worst a 1 loss team in any other conference in the country right now. And the CFP committee realizes that.

What that depth of talent leads to is that right now - outside of Bama - on any given Saturday, any SEC team can lose in conference play. It's why LSU can look like "trash" against UF (and to a degree against MSU) and then blow the doors off of UGA. It's why you can't walk into Lexington and just think you are going to win because you beat Kentucky by 30 last year. It's why I wouldn't be shocked at all to see LSU lose to Arkansas this weekend, or see Ole Miss beat A&M this weekend and then lose to Vandy the next.

And, yes, I'm disappointed that we lost those 3 games that were winnable games. I'm disappointed that we got caught in transition year unexpectedly. I'm disappointed that the known deficiencies that we have (QB consistency, OL pass blocking, WR talent) had to take a step back in learning an entirely new system, instead of being able to progress in a system they knew.

But, the fact that after all of this the people who define football respect in this country through their poll still have us at #16 helps me understand that we have climbed a huge, HUGE, hurdle in public perception about where MSU is as a program and where we are in the pecking order of the SEC. Has there ever been a 3 loss MSU team given this much respect at this point in the season? Have we ever been able to say "after we take that 4th loss at Bama we will probably still be ranked"? No. Even with out best player in history, they dropped us like a bad habit after 2 losses and wrote us off as "same old MSU". We take care of business the rest of this season, and we will be set up to begin to take the next step.

That's just it... we aren't set up to take a step forward next season. We aren't just gonna plug and play for guys like sweat and Simmons. Our defense will take a big step back. Apparently key is not gonna be the answer, which is why we're pursuing Bryant (nothing special at all). I do think we will be better at wr. If you don't like our oline this year, wait till you take Calhoun and Jenkins out, and God forbid, Williams leaves.

Then you look at the rest of the west. LSU will be better. Bama is bama. Auburn will be back. aTm is gonna take a monster step forward. Playing for 5th place next season. This was the year to play in a NY6

basedog
11-07-2018, 09:37 AM
That's just it... we aren't set up to take a step forward next season. We aren't just gonna plug and play for guys like sweat and Simmons. Our defense will take a big step back. Apparently key is not gonna be the answer, which is why we're pursuing Bryant (nothing special at all). I do think we will be better at wr. If you don't like our oline this year, wait till you take Calhoun and Jenkins out, and God forbid, Williams leaves.

Then you look at the rest of the west. LSU will be better. Bama is bama. Auburn will be back. aTm is gonna take a monster step forward. Playing for 5th place next season. This was the year to play in a NY6

Maybe, maybe not. You predicted the future is just wrong with a new coach. Time will tell as Joe and his staff may be much better next year.

Johnson85
11-07-2018, 09:44 AM
The fact of the matter is there is a LOT more evidence out there that supports Brunswick and my opinion than yours or anyone else that thinks that we should have unquestionably beat those teams.

I also find it ironic that we have so many fans pissed off at Joe for essentially doing the same thing that Dan did- and many of those same fans gave Dan a complete pass for doing the same thing.

Dan never did anything like this year. We were more talented than 10 teams on our schedule and we as talented as an 11th.

Had we had "normal" growing pains, we'd be ten win team this year just because our schedule set up so perfectly. Instead we shit the bed. Even if it was more do to the shortcomings of our players rather than their coaching, it was still a failure on their part to not get a more simplified plan in place, which is all that would have been necessary to beat UK or UF.

That said, it's past and no sense in not enjoying a still pretty good season. And the bedshitting doesn't mean Moorhead won't be good long term. But there's also no sense in pretending it wasn't a bedshitting. We shit the bed in a season where the stars were aligned for us (other than the coaching change) in a way that they probably won't be again until after Saban is gone. It is what it is.

msstate7
11-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Maybe, maybe not. You predicted the future is just wrong with a new coach. Time will tell as Joe and his staff may be much better next year.

Well I was wrong once this year, so who knows haha

Johnson85
11-07-2018, 09:47 AM

That is exactly what makes the bedshitting so bad. We are in the most difficult conference in teh nation and there will rarely be a time where the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best teams we play aren't a good bit better than the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best teams we played this year. And it will be even rarer that it happens when we are at the peak of a cycle talent wise.

BigEasyDawg
11-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Like a rocket... won't happen though

Speaking of which....How about those Rockets!?

msstate7
11-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Speaking of which....How about those Rockets!?

Been a great season. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we make it to next weekend though

Todd4State
11-07-2018, 02:20 PM

Well said and great point about how MSU is perceived now. Of course, back in the 1990's I think Jackie hurt our perception a little bit because the media and NCAA did not like him. I remember 1999 and it almost seemed like the media hated that we kept winning. The perception aspect is where the bowl streak has helped us immensely. People in the CFB industry are now used to us being in not only bowls- but NYD bowls in Florida. And now we are doing it with multiple different coaches- which means it isn't a situation where we have to have an elite coach to win 6-8 games a year.

This. There is a reason why they play the games. Sometimes it works out- personally I remember expecting 1998 and 2014 to be great seasons and they were. Sometimes it doesn't- this year. And sometimes we get surprised- I remember expecting 1999 to be a down year and we actually won more games than we did in 1998 with a team that IMO was less talented than the 1998 team.

Dan never did anything like this year. We were more talented than 10 teams on our schedule and we as talented as an 11th.

Had we had "normal" growing pains, we'd be ten win team this year just because our schedule set up so perfectly. Instead we shit the bed. Even if it was more do to the shortcomings of our players rather than their coaching, it was still a failure on their part to not get a more simplified plan in place, which is all that would have been necessary to beat UK or UF.

That said, it's past and no sense in not enjoying a still pretty good season. And the bedshitting doesn't mean Moorhead won't be good long term. But there's also no sense in pretending it wasn't a bedshitting. We shit the bed in a season where the stars were aligned for us (other than the coaching change) in a way that they probably won't be again until after Saban is gone. It is what it is.

I disagree. 2015 with our best player in school history immediately comes to mind. Should have beaten LSU that year, lost on the road to A&M without Manziel, had the deer in a headlights special against Alabama including running Holloway up the middle against Saban, and the Egg Bowl where Dan checked out and even after the other three losses had the chance to go to the Sugar Bowl and pretty much blew it. Went from the Sugar Bowl to the Belk Bowl. You could say the same thing about last year too. 2011 was a step back from 2010 and we actually had to win the Egg Bowl that year to go to a bowl.

The biggest difference is the reason for bedshitting this year is mainly due to transition from one staff to another plus some glaring deficiencies on offense that appear to have taken about half the season to correct. And the fact that we have improved at QB, OL, and WR is something I view as a positive. Whereas with Dan the bedshitting was due to his selfishness and being hardheaded. And if things play out the way they are projected both will end up with 8 win seasons and a nice bowl.

Turfdawg67
11-07-2018, 04:48 PM
All teams that beat us are trash because I said so. Now I'm going to post it 10,000 times for emphasis. - msstate7

Yep, he'll bleed a negative take to death. 46,000 posts... that's posting 31 times a day, EVERY DAY, for four straight years! He's such a tool.

Cowbell
11-07-2018, 11:10 PM

I approve this message. Thanks for the lengthy but excellent explanation that is being read by several but understood by few. Rep given.

StateDawg44
11-08-2018, 03:09 PM
They aren't trash. They just aren't as good as us. We should've beat Kentucky and Florida. Our coach crapped the bed

So since the team as a whole consists of players and coaches together to make the team and our coach crapped the bed. Those teams proved they were better than us this year.

If you want to argue with that then you are simply in denial. Bottomline.

msstate7
11-08-2018, 03:42 PM
So since the team as a whole consists of players and coaches together to make the team and our coach crapped the bed. Those teams proved they were better than us this year.

If you want to argue with that then you are simply in denial. Bottomline.
Best team always wins... that's a solid take. Who wouldn't argue om was better than bama those 2 years they won, USA was better than us in 2016, bucs better than saints this year, etc x 10000?

Johnson85
11-08-2018, 03:46 PM
I disagree. 2015 with our best player in school history immediately comes to mind. Should have beaten LSU that year, lost on the road to A&M without Manziel, had the deer in a headlights special against Alabama including running Holloway up the middle against Saban, and the Egg Bowl where Dan checked out and even after the other three losses had the chance to go to the Sugar Bowl and pretty much blew it. Went from the Sugar Bowl to the Belk Bowl. You could say the same thing about last year too. 2011 was a step back from 2010 and we actually had to win the Egg Bowl that year to go to a bowl. We had talent issues in 2015, particularly on the offensive line. We lost at A&M, who won 8 games with their only losses versus Bama and Auburn and at LSU and Ole Miss. The LSU game was bad, but they won 9 games that year; we didn't just out talent them. We lost to Bama and Ole Miss. That was certainly an underachieving year by Dan, but we didn't shit the bed against two teams we were more talented than. We missed an opportunity versus LSU and then lost to an A&M team and Ole Miss team that were roughly as talented as we were. We arguably shit the bed bigger in 2014 than 2015.

The biggest difference is the reason for bedshitting this year is mainly due to transition from one staff to another plus some glaring deficiencies on offense that appear to have taken about half the season to correct. And the fact that we have improved at QB, OL, and WR is something I view as a positive. Whereas with Dan the bedshitting was due to his selfishness and being hardheaded. And if things play out the way they are projected both will end up with 8 win seasons and a nice bowl.

??? We went way backwards at QB and OL and somewhat backwards at WR, before getting better. I mean us getting better again is certainly preferable to going backwards and continuing to suck, and it's understandable that we'd take a step backwards learning a new offense (not sure that much of a step is understandable though), but we are still at best where we ended up last year. I actually doubt we're that good though and suspect we'd still get shut down by LSU if we played them again.

Todd4State
11-08-2018, 05:51 PM
We had talent issues in 2015, particularly on the offensive line. We lost at A&M, who won 8 games with their only losses versus Bama and Auburn and at LSU and Ole Miss. The LSU game was bad, but they won 9 games that year; we didn't just out talent them. We lost to Bama and Ole Miss. That was certainly an underachieving year by Dan, but we didn't shit the bed against two teams we were more talented than. We missed an opportunity versus LSU and then lost to an A&M team and Ole Miss team that were roughly as talented as we were. We arguably shit the bed bigger in 2014 than 2015.

??? We went way backwards at QB and OL and somewhat backwards at WR, before getting better. I mean us getting better again is certainly preferable to going backwards and continuing to suck, and it's understandable that we'd take a step backwards learning a new offense (not sure that much of a step is understandable though), but we are still at best where we ended up last year. I actually doubt we're that good though and suspect we'd still get shut down by LSU if we played them again.

You mention 2014 as well and that's my point- there were plenty of years where we underachieved under Dan.

You also pointed out the issues we had in 2015- we knew coming into the year that there would be questions about Fitzgerald's accuracy, how he would come back, and also we were hoping Guidry would be the exception to the rule with the JUCO 6 game learning curve.

I can tolerate taking a step or two back with a new offense install as long as we are tangibly improving. If we were still having issues in year three- then there is obviously a problem.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2018, 06:04 PM
You mention 2014 as well and that's my point- there were plenty of years where we underachieved under Dan.

You also pointed out the issues we had in 2015- we knew coming into the year that there would be questions about Fitzgerald's accuracy, how he would come back, and also we were hoping Guidry would be the exception to the rule with the JUCO 6 game learning curve.

I can tolerate taking a step or two back with a new offense install as long as we are tangibly improving. If we were still having issues in year three- then there is obviously a problem.

What's funny is that everyone bashes our 2015 team, but that team was beating OM away from being in the Sugar Bowl

Johnson85
11-08-2018, 06:17 PM
You mention 2014 as well and that's my point- there were plenty of years where we underachieved under Dan. And my point was we didn't underachieve like this. 2014 is the only year we were set up like this and the only game Dan laid an egg in was Ole Miss. And he also had to deal with losing our only two competent free safeties by the end of the first series.

We didn't just take a step or two back. We turned to shit. We have any competence against Florida or UK and we win. And we are tangibly improving, but I'm not sure we're back to where we were last year.

Doesn't really matter now. We shit the bed and it's done.

Todd4State
11-08-2018, 11:56 PM
What's funny is that everyone bashes our 2015 team, but that team was beating OM away from being in the Sugar Bowl

That team was really disappointing to me and most of it was because of Dan. Play Rankin at OT, at least platoon Aeris at RB, sit Zach Jackson, and rotate Peters/McLaurin more in at safety and I think that team wins at least 10 games.

DancingRabbit
11-09-2018, 01:21 AM
And my point was we didn't underachieve like this. 2014 is the only year we were set up like this and the only game Dan laid an egg in was Ole Miss. And he also had to deal with losing our only two competent free safeties by the end of the first series.

We didn't just take a step or two back. We turned to shit. We have any competence against Florida or UK and we win. And we are tangibly improving, but I'm not sure we're back to where we were last year.

Doesn't really matter now. We shit the bed and it's done.

It all goes back to hiring an OC, and assuming there would be no transition bumps.

Things could be worse. In an alternate universe there could be bumps with having the 5th DC in 5 years or whatever it's been. Looks like Joe made a good hire there. Keep Joe and Shoop together a few years and I could see them making some waves.

It's pretty cool to be ranked this high with 3 losses. We've edged up a little in the perception of the program.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 09:11 AM
It all goes back to hiring an OC, and assuming there would be no transition bumps.

Things could be worse. In an alternate universe there could be bumps with having the 5th DC in 5 years or whatever it's been. Looks like Joe made a good hire there. Keep Joe and Shoop together a few years and I could see them making some waves.

It's pretty cool to be ranked this high with 3 losses. We've edged up a little in the perception of the program.

And if we lose tomorrow we will be a four lose ranked team.

msstate7
11-09-2018, 09:13 AM

We will. It'll be really hard to move up any after tomorrow though.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2018, 09:17 AM
We will. It'll be really hard to move up any after tomorrow though.

It's possible but we have to win out and get some people in front of us to lose. Hell last year we did not drop one bit after the Bama lose.

RocketDawg
11-09-2018, 10:11 PM

If we were to get blown out I'm not sure we would be ranked. Depends to a degree how Kentucky, Florida, and LSU do. Keep it reasonably close and we should be OK.

Win and we'll be the only 3-loss team ever in the playoffs. **