PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tua..

Jack Lambert
11-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Watching the LSU game I notice that he doesn't say shit before the play or before the ball is snap. When someone moves he starts waving for that guy to move after that guy starts to move. He looks straight down the field never observing the Defense. In the first quarter two times Saban called time out to change the play. One time LSU moved a guy up to blitz at the last minute and Saban did not get the time out in time and the play got blown up.

I don't think the guy can read defenses and make changes. Looks like they just call the play and run it. Looks like they have three plays. They are run a little different and the receivers are running the same routes every time. It also looks like they try to hide this a little.

Just a observation. Could be wrong.

TUSK
11-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Watching the LSU game I notice that he doesn't say shit before the play or before the ball is snap. When someone moves he starts waving for that guy to move after that guy starts to move. He looks straight down the field never observing the Defense. In the first quarter two times Saban called time out to change the play. One time LSU moved a guy up to blitz at the last minute and Saban did not get the time out in time and the play got blown up.

I don't think the guy can read defenses and make changes. Looks like they just call the play and run it. Looks like they have three plays. They are run a little different and the receivers are running the same routes every time. It also looks like they try to hide this a little.

I'm not a Scout by any stretch, and I don't know how much Pre/Post Snap reading he does... But I do know this: He goes through his progressions exceptionally fast (if his first option isn't running wide open) and his accuracy/anticipation are excellent... Those things may make up for some perceived deficiencies...

Another thing I dig about him is how he almost never gives up on a pass (see J Hurts) and that he is deceptively fast and powerful for a QB.

I'm watching the Bammer/LSU game again... and it appears that when there is no motion, he takes a quick, subtle look both ways and then zones in strait ahead (like you mentioned)...

Token Bammer
11-05-2018, 09:47 PM
I'm not a Scout by any stretch, and I don't know how much Pre/Post Snap reading he does... But I do know this: He goes through his progressions exceptionally fast (if his first option isn't running wide open) and his accuracy/anticipation are excellent... Those things may make up for some perceived deficiencies...

Another thing I dig about him is how he almost never gives up on a pass (see J Hurts) and that he is deceptively fast and powerful for a QB.

I'm watching the Bammer/LSU game again... and it appears that when there is no motion, he takes a quick, subtle look both ways and then zones in strait ahead (like you mentioned)...

Not bad for a dude who pushes a shot put...

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2018, 09:50 PM

Must be the language barrier. He is from
Hi-y-ya you know.

basedog
11-05-2018, 09:53 PM
If Tua has issues then I wish we had one just like him. Dude is so good and makes Bama offense their best ever.

TUSK
11-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Not bad for a dude who has a noodle arm...

FIFY

preachermatt83
11-05-2018, 10:26 PM
He's the best qb in college football regardless of what he does presnap

I_Spy
11-05-2018, 10:35 PM
The best are only the best if they are allowed to be successful. We know Tua can be gotten to and dropped, if we are determined, whether Tua is the best or is not the best won’t even be discussed. It won’t be easy but certainly can be done by our D.

Apoplectic
11-06-2018, 04:25 AM
i think i could do pretty well with 7 secs to pass and freaks running free in the secondary

Token Bammer
11-06-2018, 01:46 PM
FIFY

Thanks. Maybe I can get right. Noodle armed shot putters don't get drafted 1st round, but this one will.

shannondawg
11-06-2018, 01:58 PM
I asked my ole missy buddy if we could borrow one of his ankle breakers for this game, he said they were saving them for last game. Told him we would return them after sat.

TUSK
11-06-2018, 02:16 PM
I asked my ole missy buddy if we could borrow one of his ankle breakers for this game, he said they were saving them for last game. Told him we would return them after sat.

Heck, even breaking his ankle may not be enough... He outran LSU's rockstar secondary with a gimpy knee and 2 broke coconuts.*

shannondawg
11-06-2018, 02:24 PM
You are probably right about that, would only put another qb on the field w two natty's under his belt.

Now I know what lower body injury means, I kinda figured that , but now have it from a reliable source.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2018, 02:29 PM
You are probably right about that, would only put another qb on the field w two natty's under his belt.

Now I know what lower body injury means, I kinda figured that , but now have it from a reliable source.

Isn't Hurt hurt as well?

Jack Lambert
11-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Not bad for a dude who pushes a shot put...

Or a noodle dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLy2082f2EY

TUSK
11-06-2018, 02:31 PM

Here it is... what made it really bad was the play was blown dead from a false start:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1058877170465021952

TUSK
11-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Isn't Hurt hurt as well?

Yep, he had a procedure on his ankle bout 2 weeks ago... he wasn't going to be able to play vs LSU... I dunno what his run ability will be come Saturday...

My guess is Mac Jones will be #2...

NCDawg
11-06-2018, 04:37 PM
He's the best qb in college football regardless of what he does presnap

He probably is. Extremely accurate passer, plus he has great receivers. We are going have to have a good pass rush and our DB's will really have to play great to stop him.