PDA

View Full Version : Dak

Cooterpoot
11-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Is sucking big time tonight.

mparkerfd20
11-05-2018, 08:52 PM
1 INT is sucking? He's 5-7 for 69yds and a TD also.

Doggie_Style
11-05-2018, 08:55 PM

Dallas should be up 21-0....yea he?s sucking

msstate7
11-05-2018, 08:56 PM

Int on goal to go and missed Beasley for td. Pretty big mistakes... game over without them

maroonmania
11-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Int on goal to go and missed Beasley for td. Pretty big mistakes... game over without them

The INT was really bad into double coverage. Should be 10-0 anyway. Not Dak's fault they miss a chip shot FG.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Missed a wide open TD. Threw into double coverage for an INT in the end zone. He’s not playing well.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2018, 09:05 PM

Beasley was held, hence the flag.

Dawgology
11-05-2018, 09:05 PM

FG Miss want on him. Threw one TD. Beasley was overthrown because he was held (flag was thrown) then bad throw into double coverage

Dawgology
11-05-2018, 09:06 PM
Exactly! That’s a timing throw on that play. Would have been a TD if he wasn’t held.

Doggie_Style
11-05-2018, 09:06 PM
The INT was really bad into double coverage. Should be 10-0 anyway. Not Dak's fault they miss a chip shot FG.

Bottom line is Dak improves soon or he is on the sideline

maroonmania
11-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Beasley was held, hence the flag.

Exactly, Dak didn't miss that throw. Beasley was held from running so therefore the pass was too long. Come on people, that's not on Dak.

Leeshouldveflanked
Bottom line is Dak improves soon or he is on the sideline

On the Sideline interviewing Saban.

msstate7
I suppose as a saints' fan I'm spoiled, but you cowboys' fans don't seem to hold your qb to the same standard. I realize drew is one of the best of all time though

parabrave
11-05-2018, 09:09 PM
That INT looks like he was trying to throw it OOBs but didn't put enough air under it. He isn't the one missing the blocks on the right side of the line.

parabrave
11-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Also he wasn't the idiot who chose to wear the Blue jerseys> That guy needs to fire himself/

msstate7
11-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Dez Bryant working out for saints tomorrow

maroonmania
11-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Guess the offensive pass interference was Dak's fault too.***

State82
11-05-2018, 09:20 PM
That INT looks like he was trying to throw it OOBs but didn't put enough air under it. He isn't the one missing the blocks on the right side of the line.

Yeah. Anyone that can't read where Dallas' problems are needs to go take up needlepoint. It ain't Dak dumbasses.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 09:20 PM
If I were a titans' fan, I'd be pissed my qb got hit there.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Yeah. Anyone that can't read where Dallas' problems are needs to go take up needlepoint. It ain't Dak dumbasses.

You actually saying that int wasn't dak's fault?

parabrave
11-05-2018, 09:26 PM
You actually saying that int wasn't dak's fault?

It was Daks Fault. But I was saying that he was trying to throw it out of the endZone because of the DC and he didn't put enough air under it.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Titans gotta challenge that

LC Dawg
11-05-2018, 09:31 PM
Dez Bryant working out for saints tomorrow

That just seems like a bad idea to me. Saints are clicking right now. No need to bring in someone who can be disruptive.

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Dak isn't really lighting it up. Just a clear fact there.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 09:33 PM
That just seems like a bad idea to me. Saints are clicking right now. No need to bring in someone who can be disruptive.

Not concerned at all. If he's being a beech, cut em.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 09:35 PM
That was a nice drive... esp for my bet, titans +6 and over, 40.5. 28 first half points.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2018, 09:37 PM
10-15, 140 yards, 2 TDs, 1 int at the half.....yeah, definition of shitty**

MaroonFlounder
11-05-2018, 09:39 PM
The INT was bad. Threw into double coverage. Dak is just average as a QB right now. And it doesn't bode well in this..his contract year.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 09:41 PM
The INT was bad. Threw into double coverage. Dak is just average as a QB right now. And it doesn't bode well in this..his contract year.

Jerry Jones traded the 1st round pick, so dak can sleep a little better at night. If the cowboys had a top 12 or so pick, they might have gone qb

Dawgology
11-05-2018, 10:02 PM
To me Dallas’ OL sucks. Big time. I’m not the most knowledgeable of football guys but it seems they struggle there.

Dawgology
11-05-2018, 10:03 PM
That’s 15 yards worth of penalties from the OL on this drive

Cooterpoot
11-05-2018, 10:06 PM
And he fumbles. He fumbles a lot trying to do too much.

BeardoMSU
11-05-2018, 10:09 PM
To me Dallas’ OL sucks. Big time. I’m not the most knowledgeable of football guys but it seems they struggle there.

They do suck.

msudawglb
11-05-2018, 10:11 PM
And he fumbles. He fumbles a lot trying to do too much.

Yeah, Dak is going to find himself as a backup in a year or two if he keeps this up. He?s been very average this season.

parabrave
11-05-2018, 10:11 PM

They fired the OLine coach last week. Lavel Collins is a penalty machine always doing something stupid at the wrong time.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 10:14 PM
They fired the OLine coach last week. Lavel Collins is a penalty machine always doing something stupid at the wrong time.

May be penalty machine, but check this out...

https://youtu.be/f_z8E6E3iYo

msstate7
11-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Jerry trading that 1st is looking dumber by the minute

maroonmania
11-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Booger does make a good point about the Dallas offense being so predictable. Titans playing 100% run on every Dallas first down.

maroonmania
11-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Game is being lost on 3rd down for Dallas. Cowboys can't stop any 3rd downs, even 3rd and long.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Witten and Boog are both ripping Linehan. And rightfully so. But Dallas is sucking all over the field after an off week. The staff needs firing. At least HC and offensive staff.

msudawglb
11-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Game is being lost on 3rd down for Dallas. Cowboys can't stop any 3rd downs, even 3rd and long.

Dallas just sucks. They are about to lose to the crappy Titans at home.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Are you kidding me? O/u at 40.5 and these clown teams can't make a fg

Pit Bull
11-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Is sucking big time tonight.

I was watching Finebaum one day and the question about how Amari Cooper could help the Boy's offense came up and they were discussing it among them. Finebaum's two sidekicks posed the question if Dak is the answer and the future for the Boys......the camera switched to Paul and he was totally silent rotating his head back and forth slowly as if to say....."sorry, but no way in hell.....Dak is a nice guy but not the QB to lead Dallas or anyone else back to the big time." The two sidekicks were a little taken aback and not much else was said. It was like Paul was trying to be nice to Dak and his fans and let them down easy. As far as I am concerned, I think he can make it with the right team, but not Dallas. If Dak was with Seattle or New Orleans as the heir apparent to Russell Wilson or Drew Brees respectfully, I think he would fit in perfectly. Just my opinion of course.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 10:58 PM
The pick for cooper will end up a top 10. Unbelievable

Bothrops
11-05-2018, 11:01 PM
I was watching Finebaum one day and the question about how Amari Cooper could help the Boy's offense came up and they were discussing it among them. Finebaum's two sidekicks posed the question if Dak is the answer and the future for the Boys......the camera switched to Paul and he was totally silent rotating his head back and forth slowly as if to say....."sorry, but no way in hell.....Dak is a nice guy but not the QB to lead Dallas or anyone else back to the big time." The two sidekicks were a little taken aback and not much else was said. It was like Paul was trying to be nice to Dak and his fans and let them down easy. As far as I am concerned, I think he can make it with the right team, but not Dallas. If Dak was with Seattle or New Orleans as the heir apparent to Russell Wilson or Drew Brees respectfully, I think he would fit in perfectly. Just my opinion of course.

Maybe Brees, too much time to wait on Wilson.

bulldawg28
11-05-2018, 11:07 PM
They waste downs trying to force the ball to Zeke

Cowbell
11-05-2018, 11:11 PM

I live an hour from the stadium and I?m ready to see him get traded. These are the worst fans in all of football. They really have zero patience and don?t know enough about the game to know who?s to blame so they just put it all on Dak. The offensive play calling does not play to Daks strengths at all and there is little creativity. He would do better somewhere else with more realistic expectations with what is around him.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2018, 11:12 PM
They waste downs trying to force the ball to Zeke

Yep, they've become so predictable any one could call defense against them. Zeke gonna get a carry on first down and third and long a screen to zeke.

Homedawg
11-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Jerry Jones traded the 1st round pick, so dak can sleep a little better at night. If the cowboys had a top 12 or so pick, they might have gone qb

As I said when they traded for Cooper, it was dumb then and dumb now. He isn't going to fix all their problems and they gave up too much for him. Wayyyy too much. And he played ok. But Jerry gonna Jerry.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2018, 11:16 PM
As I said when they traded for Cooper, it was dumb then and dumb now. He isn't going to fix all their problems and they gave up too much for him. Wayyyy too much. And he played ok. But Jerry gonna Jerry.

Biggest problem in Dallas: Jerry Jones

Percho
11-05-2018, 11:29 PM
Head coaching record Jason Garrett
Team Year Regular season Postseason
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
DAL* 2010 5 3 0 .625 3rd in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2011 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2012 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2013 8 8 0 .500 2nd in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2014 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Green Bay Packers in NFC Divisional Game
DAL 2015 4 12 0 .250 4th in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2016 13 3 0 .813 1st in NFC East 0 1 .000 Lost to Green Bay Packers in NFC Divisional Game
DAL 2017 9 7 0 .563 2nd in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2018 3 4 0 .429 2nd in NFC East – – – –
Total[28] 69 57 0 .543 1 2 .333

whosyourdawgy
11-05-2018, 11:30 PM
You are saying Beasley was wide open? Yes he over threw him but to say he was wide open is ludicrous

CJDAWG85
11-05-2018, 11:30 PM
Play calling is too predictable. Don’t utilize Dak and Zeke’s running abilities with zone read anymore.

Dallas got dominated in the trenches.

Coaches made no adjustments at halftime in a tie game.

Titans 11-14 on 3rd down.

Garrett and Co. got completely out coached by new staff.

WinningIsRelentless
11-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Mike golic said it best this morning when he said the cowboys line is horrible and play calling is just as bad.

Bully13
11-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Biggest problem in Dallas: Jerry Jones

this. Even Jerry Jones admitted that if he were not the GM, as an owner, he would fire himself. The most selfish bastard in the history of the NFL. 17 u Jerruh.

msstate7
11-06-2018, 08:48 AM
Maybe Brees, too much time to wait on Wilson.

Saints have bridgewater. I think they're essentially the same player. 87-89 rated passer, and bridgewater cheaper.

WSOPdawg
11-06-2018, 09:08 AM
Yep, they've become so predictable any one could call defense against them. Zeke gonna get a carry on first down and third and long a screen to zeke.

Bingo!!! Cowboys are 31st in the league on 1st down with regards to mixing plays up as they are that heavily skewed to a run play to Zeke. Everybody stacks the box forcing 2nd and long then pressure 3rd down like crazy leaving only the short screens to Zeke.

The OC Linehan needs to be gone yesterday but this doesn't excuse Garrett for allowing the BS to be repeated weekly.

WSOPdawg
11-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Bingo!!! Cowboys are 31st in the league on 1st down with regards to mixing plays up as they are that heavily skewed to a run play to Zeke. Everybody stacks the box forcing 2nd and long then pressure 3rd down like crazy leaving only the short screens to Zeke.

The OC Linehan needs to be gone yesterday but this doesn't excuse Garrett for allowing the BS to be repeated weekly.

And Dak is also to blame because his counterpart (Marcus Mariotta), on 5 separate occasions, ran for a 1st down last night. The one game Dak ran the ball, the rolled at home, but then regressed back to Dak no running.

thf24
11-06-2018, 09:16 AM
this. Even Jerry Jones admitted that if he were not the GM, as an owner, he would fire himself. The most selfish bastard in the history of the NFL. 17 u Jerruh.

Then Jerry, why not fire yourself and hire a GM? Beyond being selfish, this admission says to me he's more in it at this point for a personal pastime than he is to run the most successful organization possible.

parabrave
11-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Then Jerry, why not fire yourself and hire a GM? Beyond being selfish, this admission says to me he's more in it at this point for a personal pastime than he is to run the most successful organization possible.

Actually I think he hired a new GM a few years ago. His son is now the GM****/

BeardoMSU
11-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Dak is getting grilled this morning. He deserves some of the blame, sure, but until the coaching staff/play-calling and o-line issues are fixed, he won't have a chance to really show how good he can be.

thf24
11-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Dak is getting grilled this morning. He deserves some of the blame, sure, but until the coaching staff/play-calling and o-line issues are fixed, he won't have a chance to really show how good he can be.

I keep hearing he's not getting comfortable with pressure like an NFL QB has to, but I don't think the vast majority of NFL QB's have to deal with at least one rusher bearing down on him right off the snap because the blocker whiffed or got destroyed every one out of three dropbacks. Brady or Rodgers would have trouble getting in a rhythm dealing with that, much less a 3rd year guy with barely anyone who can get open to throw to.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2018, 11:56 AM
I keep hearing he's not getting comfortable with pressure like an NFL QB has to,

Lolz...No NFL QB ever really gets comfortable with pressure (that's why they call it pressure), especially, like you said, when they get it literally every time the ball is snapped. Their rookie RG was getting absolutely mauled last night. And when they're not giving up pressure, they give up a penalty. That group is one of the most overrated and inconsistent position groups in the entire NFL.

msstate7
11-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Talking about pressure... here's an article showing qb pressure %. Cowboys are among the worst in the nfl.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/31/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-least-pressured-quarterback-nfl/

What's interesting though is Watson (100.8) and Wilson (108.6) are still significantly better at rating than dak (88.9). I also see that the leaders on that list have qbs with very quick releases and read time. I definetely think dak could benefit from better blocking and wr play, but I do think he needs to improve too. Through 8 games, he has 7 fumbles (4 lost) and 5 ints... got to take care of ball better. If he throws a td last night inside the 10 instead of an int, the cowboys go up 14-0 and most likely win

Tbonewannabe
11-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Talking about pressure... here's an article showing qb pressure %. Cowboys are among the worst in the nfl.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/31/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-least-pressured-quarterback-nfl/

What's interesting though is Watson (100.8) and Wilson (108.6) are still significantly better at rating than dak (88.9). I also see that the leaders on that list have qbs with very quick releases and read time. I definetely think dak could benefit from better blocking and wr play, but I do think he needs to improve too. Through 8 games, he has 7 fumbles (4 lost) and 5 ints... got to take care of ball better. If he throws a td last night inside the 10 instead of an int, the cowboys go up 14-0 and most likely win

I saw an article showing WR separation. Surprise, Dallas is 2nd to the worst. The average QB was throwing to a WR with a 5 yard separation, Dak is throwing to WR with around 2.6 yards. Combine that with the Oline being hot garbage and extremely predictable play calling and it is a recipe for disaster for any QB. There probably isn't any more than a handful of QBs that could be successful in this offense how it is called right now.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Good news for Dak, if Jones is being truthful, that is...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-jones-dak-prescott-will-be-extended

NCDawg
11-06-2018, 02:56 PM
I think Jones sees that a lot of the Cowboys problems are not because of Dak. Dak makes a good play and gets it called back because of holding or some other stupid penalty.

bulldawg28
11-06-2018, 04:36 PM
I think Jones sees that a lot of the Cowboys problems are not because of Dak. Dak makes a good play and gets it called back because of holding or some other stupid penalty.

This happens far too much.

Commercecomet24
11-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Brady couldn't even make it work with this offense. The ol is horrid, the receivers are second rate. Losing Travis Fredrick was huge. It's Dak and zeke and that's it. Sometimes Dak tries to do to much cause he knows their scoring chances are so limited.

ETA the game planning and play calling suck too. They had found a scheme that worked great against the jags a couple of weeks ago and haven't tried it since. Smh