PDA

View Full Version : Fitz's Home vs Away Passing Numbers In SEC Games For His Career

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2018, 05:57 PM
I was curious, so I spent 10 min today tallying this up. It goes without saying that Fitz will need to probably play the best game of his MSU career for us to have a legitimate chance to win Saturday in Tuscaloosa. That being said, he's a 5th SR, with tons of experience, & should be used to pressure at this point. There were younger guys that played in the Super Bowl last year & most recent World Series.

That being said, for whatever reason & it's certainly more than just him, Fitz has really struggled to throw the ball in SEC road games for his career. He'll need to overcome that to play well on Saturday.

I'd be curious if we see similar trends for most SEC QBs that have started a ton of games in their career.

Comp Int TD
Home 58.52% 6 13
Away 45.90% 12 9

Pretty substantial drop off on the road. Need to Nick & everyone else to step up this week!

BeardoMSU
11-05-2018, 06:16 PM
You had me messed up reading INT's before TD's, lol. Good info, though.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Talking with a buddy today...last years game should have done a lot for these guys to go into this game and not be intimidated by the name on their jersey. We have a lot of guys who played in that game and I will be surprised if we go over there and not lay it all on the line. I'm expecting us to give every ounce that we have this weekend. Will it be enough? The odds are against it, but crazier things have happened. I will be highly satisfied if we just play up to our potential in all phases of the game. Similar to last year....I was disappointed, but I was satisfied that every guy had given everything he had. Unlike last year, I'm hoping this years coach keeps his foot on the gas and doesn't cower down like a 5th grade girl like the other coach did every time we played Bama. You know the look I'm talking about...the one on Mullen's face every time we played Bama....I sure as hell won't miss that going forward.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Talking with a buddy today...last years game should have done a lot for these guys to go into this game and not be intimidated by the name on their jersey. We have a lot of guys who played in that game and I will be surprised if we go over there and not lay it all on the line. I'm expecting us to give every ounce that we have this weekend. Will it be enough? The odds are against it, but crazier things have happened. I will be highly satisfied if we just play up to our potential in all phases of the game. Similar to last year....I was disappointed, but I was satisfied that every guy had given everything he had. Unlike last year, I'm hoping this years coach keeps his foot on the gas and doesn't cower down like a 5th grade girl like the other coach did every time we played Bama. You know the look I'm talking about...the one on Mullen's face every time we played Bama....I sure as hell won't miss that going forward.

Completely agree. Great post.

I just want to see Mississippi State play it's best. I also wasn't upset about last year because I felt we gave them our best shot.

What I don't want to see is another LSU, Georgia last year, and Auburn last year type performance.

Todd4State
11-06-2018, 12:00 AM

This is how I feel too. We may not win- but I want us to at least give a respectable effort and have a chance to win.

QuadrupleOption
11-06-2018, 12:07 PM
I just want to see Mississippi State play it's best. I also wasn't upset about last year because I felt we gave them our best shot.

What I don't want to see is another LSU, Georgia last year, and Auburn last year type performance.

Well I think it's much more likely that we have another game like that this weekend than not. I love my team but we are outmatched at pretty much every position when you talk about their D versus our O. I think our Defense will slow them down but not stop them and I'd look at what they did against LSU as a barometer for what they will do to us.

Sure, we'll give it our best shot but I don't think it'll make much difference.

And I'd LOVE to eat a giant plate of crow come late Saturday night.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Well I think it's much more likely that we have another game like that this weekend than not. I love my team but we are outmatched at pretty much every position when you talk about their D versus our O. I think our Defense will slow them down but not stop them and I'd look at what they did against LSU as a barometer for what they will do to us.

Sure, we'll give it our best shot but I don't think it'll make much difference.

And I'd LOVE to eat a giant plate of crow come late Saturday night.

Very reasonable opinion.

TrapGame
11-06-2018, 12:14 PM
This is how I feel too. We may not win- but I want us to at least give a respectable effort and have a chance to win.

This 100%.