PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas at 11:00 AM

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2018, 02:08 PM
CBS loves them some Tennessee. Good lord. I think Tennessee has been on CBS 3 times this year. Just awful TV

The good news is that we all get to go home and watch that OM vs Vandy tussle

https://twitter.com/sec/status/1059520835076177920?s=21

msstate7
11-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Fine with me. Short week for egg bowl... get all the time we can get before Thursday

Coursesuper
11-05-2018, 02:17 PM
I really couldn’t care less if we ever play on CBS, I’m pretty convinced they would rather not come to Starkville and will only come if they have to.

mstatefan91
11-05-2018, 02:19 PM
We got passed up for some pretty horrible games later that night.. lol

msstate7
11-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Delete

Mobile Bay
11-05-2018, 02:32 PM
We got passed up for some pretty horrible games later that night.. lol

Yep, UAB at Texas A&M gets prime time and we get 11AM, WTF is that bullcrap?

Really Clark?
11-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Yep, UAB at Texas A&M gets prime time and we get 11AM, WTF is that bullcrap?

I don’t have problem with that game at all. Best scoring defense in the country in a 1 loss UAB, after being shut down a few years ago. Can they hold an SEC team down? Pretty compelling story line and could be a possible upset.

UNM Vandy game I get that argument but not ATM

mstatefan91
11-05-2018, 02:43 PM
I don’t have problem with that game at all. Best scoring defense in the country in a 1 loss UAB, after being shut down a few years ago. Can they hold an SEC team down? Pretty compelling story line and could be a possible upset.

Don't forget the mighty 1-9 Rice Owls taking on the Tigahs

Really Clark?
11-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Don't forget the mighty 1-9 Rice Owls taking on the Tigahs

Yeah. Some of this depends on which network we end up on as well.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2018, 03:08 PM
They'll probably put us on the SEC Alternate.

TrapGame
11-05-2018, 03:29 PM
That CBS slot is to spotlight Mizzou not UT. Lock and Mizzou getting some love now.

Matty Dispatch
11-05-2018, 03:35 PM
That will be Tennessee's 4th time to be on CBS this year. 4th!

CBS started airing the SEC in 1996. But from 1996-2000 it was a Regional broadcast and they had a Big East game on at the same time. Since 2001, it's been a national broadcast. This week's game vs. Bama will be State's 10th time to be on CBS since 2001. One of those times it was the B squad (the clowns who did the UGA/UK game). Four of the 10 were in 2014. They have come to Starkville 3 times since 2001.

In case you were wondering, from 1996-2000, State was on CBS 3 times, twice in Starkville.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Got to know our place. CBS doesn't want to fool with us unless we're playing AL.

msu15
11-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Good with me, get that skull drag out of the way early.

Pit Bull
11-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Tennessee has about a 3x bigger fanbase than we do......TV ratings follow that. 11:00 AM is fine with me this time of year. Could be snowing that day for all we know. Now, I can cancel that Sat. night hotel reservation and just drive back to Memphis. Get ready for our bowl game somewhere in late December.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Tennessee has about a 3x bigger fanbase than we do......TV ratings follow that.

I think everyone knows this & understand that it's exactly the reason.

It's just the realization of how bad of football they don't mind televising just to get ratings that's funny

Pit Bull
11-05-2018, 04:49 PM
I think everyone knows this & understand that it's exactly the reason.

It's just the realization of how bad of football they don't mind televising just to get ratings that's funny

I dont think the networks mind at all showing bad football like Tennessee as long as their fans watch it. And I guess, apparently they do. If we were something like UT or worse, I'm sure I could find better things to do.

Todd4State
11-05-2018, 05:41 PM

UAB is really good. And a pretty good story considering that they were shut down two years ago. Now they're probably going to win C-USA. Plus is UCF loses that game gets a little more interesting.

MedDawg
11-05-2018, 05:56 PM
That will be Tennessee's 4th time to be on CBS this year. 4th!

CBS started airing the SEC in 1996. But from 1996-2000 it was a Regional broadcast and they had a Big East game on at the same time. Since 2001, it's been a national broadcast. This week's game vs. Bama will be State's 10th time to be on CBS since 2001. One of those times it was the B squad (the clowns who did the UGA/UK game). Four of the 10 were in 2014. They have come to Starkville 3 times since 2001.

In case you were wondering, from 1996-2000, State was on CBS 3 times, twice in Starkville.

In 2000 State was on CBS for back-to-back games vs Florida and Auburn, both in Starkville.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-05-2018, 06:50 PM
I'm with mstate7, get our game over with at home and start planning towards OM. Let OM play a late game at Nashville and get home in the early hours of the morning. Hopefully it's cold as hell that night as well. Late in the season with nothing to play for, a team tends to quit more easily when it's cold. I look for every edge I can get.

I'm also looking forward to our head coach and rest of staff game planning for OM instead of being on the phone all week looking for other jobs. That will be nice for a change.

RocketDawg
11-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Tennessee has about a 3x bigger fanbase than we do......TV ratings follow that. 11:00 AM is fine with me this time of year. Could be snowing that day for all we know. Now, I can cancel that Sat. night hotel reservation and just drive back to Memphis. Get ready for our bowl game somewhere in late December.

Me too. I'll be able to drive down and back in the same day now. First time this year.

RocketDawg
11-05-2018, 07:14 PM
UAB is really good. And a pretty good story considering that they were shut down two years ago. Now they're probably going to win C-USA. Plus is UCF loses that game gets a little more interesting.

They're also getting a new stadium in a couple of years.

Homedawg
11-05-2018, 07:39 PM
It's not always game time that matters. Sec network out our game vs la tech at 6:30 not because it was a better game or better draw, but the opposite. They put the worst game actual and ratings, on the docket, at that time because it was going heads up w Bama LSU on cbs. Had to have a game on at that time and chose the one that had the fewest viewers to do so. Smart thinking on their part. That's why some crappy games end up on sec network at 3 or 3:30. Same principle.

RocketDawg
11-05-2018, 08:28 PM
It's not always game time that matters. Sec network out our game vs la tech at 6:30 not because it was a better game or better draw, but the opposite. They put the worst game actual and ratings, on the docket, at that time because it was going heads up w Bama LSU on cbs. Had to have a game on at that time and chose the one that had the fewest viewers to do so. Smart thinking on their part. That's why some crappy games end up on sec network at 3 or 3:30. Same principle.

We've been on at the same time with Bama more than once this year. I guess that's because they don't figure many will watch our game anyway.

Homedawg
11-05-2018, 11:17 PM
We've been on at the same time with Bama more than once this year. I guess that's because they don't figure many will watch our game anyway.

I do t remember how many times we've been the same time as Bama. Can't be many. They've been at 2:30 numerous times. But last week that's what it was.

Todd4State
11-06-2018, 12:03 AM
They're also getting a new stadium in a couple of years.

They deserve it. I hope we play them some in the future. It should be about time for them to rotate back on since the last time we played them was 2011 I believe. Birmingham isn't a bad place to go for our fans.