PDA

View Full Version : in the past Dan has played Bama like a chicken shit

tcdog70
11-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Seems like just not getting beat badly was His goal. Now, JoMo (for the good or bad) will go for it. It might cause Us to be destroyed or it might give us a chance. I would rather go down guns blazing than playing to keep it respectable.

we will need for our defense to up the pressure on Tua. Hit Him every chance we get. He looked a little loose with the ball against LSU but only had 1 INT. We need to go for it on any fourth and 1. I think our defense will give them trouble. So , that being said We should be fired up for the chance to Show the World--little ole MSU can whip that Tide Ass.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Playing to keep from losing was what DM used to do in the big games. I don't know how the outcome will be, but I'm pretty sure that JoeMo will have an aggressive offensive game plan going forward.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Playing to keep from losing was what DM used to do in the big games. I don't know how the outcome will be, but I'm pretty sure that JoeMo will have an aggressive offensive game plan going forward.

Like LSU?

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2018, 12:20 PM
I hate to say this, but we honestly need to take the Hugh Freeze approach to playing them, Lock the gates and look for a fight.

yjnkdawg
11-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Like LSU?

NO

msstate7
11-05-2018, 12:24 PM
I hate to say this, but we honestly need to take the Hugh Freeze approach to playing them, Lock the gates and look for a fight.

Don't understand this thinking. The strength of our team is playing defense and running the ball. You guys want us to throw and try and get in a shoot out? We probably can't overpower them, but we damn sure can't outskill them. Our only shot is to play to our strengths

yjnkdawg
11-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Don't understand this thinking. The strength of our team is playing defense and running the ball. You guys want us to throw and try and get in a shoot out? We probably can't overpower them, but we damn sure can't outskill them. Our only shot is to play to our strengths

If you can't show Bama, that you can throw the ball, with some consistency, then you won't be able to run against them. It will take a mixture of both. That doesn't mean we are going to win, but at least it shows that we are trying to win.

msstate7
11-05-2018, 12:30 PM
If you can't show Bama, that you can throw the ball, then you won't run against them. It will take a mixture of both. That doesn't mean we are going to win, but at least it shows that we are trying to win.

Let's come out and straight drop back... fitz will throw an int early and we in a hole ASAP just like LSU. We had chances to hit big plays on bama last year on PA... that's how we should approach it imo

dawgday166
11-05-2018, 12:36 PM

I lean this way heavily too. Unless somehow Guidry, Mitchell, and Co can REALLY come up big. Plus Fitz has to have time ... so max protect is probably in order with ... Kylin??

But ... I don't and didn't expect to win this one anyway so ... let's see what Joe comes up with heah. We're not winning West anyway so nothing to lose. May set the stage for future encounters when Bama REALLY has a great D.

Maybe we'll be surprised (shocked?) and WRs will make 5 or 6 explosive plays downfield while having Bama DBs hanging on them when they make the catch and run for TDs **

msstate7
11-05-2018, 12:40 PM
I'd like to take shots downfield on 2nd and 3rd and short when we're around midfield. For the most part though, I wanna try and lean on our defense. I don't think we hold up, but maybe Tua throws us a couple

tcdog70
11-05-2018, 12:46 PM

If we just try to line up and run--then we have no chance--We can beat some teams doing that--but Bama ain't one of them. Just go back and see how Bama has lost in the past. That is the game plan we need to use.

Dual Threat QB is a must--We have one. A great defense is a must--we have one. Wide out that can make plays against press coverage--now , this is something that remains to be seen. Pressure on the QB, but containing Him(this has cost us in the past.) Great special team play--another big ? We must create turnovers--if we don't a loss is very likely. Are physical enough-Damn right--are we skilled enough--maybe.

Then you have the dagger to the throat-that has killed us numerous times in the past--a Phantom call by the Refs--a Blatant miss call by he Refs--a shitty no call by the Refs. So Refs must not be a factor if we are to pull upset.

dawgday166
11-05-2018, 12:50 PM
If we just try to line up and run--then we have no chance--We can beat some teams doing that--but Bama ain't one of them. Just go back and see how Bama has lost in the past. That is the game plan we need to use.

Dual Threat QB is a must--We have one. A great defense is a must--we have one. Wide out that can make plays against press coverage--now , this is something that remains to be seen. Pressure on the QB, but containing Him(this has cost us in the past.) Great special team play--another big ? We must create turnovers--if we don't a loss is very likely. Are physical enough-Damn right--are we skilled enough--maybe.

Then you have the dagger to the throat-that has killed us numerous times in the past--a Phantom call by the Refs--a Blatant miss call by he Refs--a shitty no call by the Refs. So Refs must not be a factor if we are to pull upset.

You gotta mix it up some. But if we do that well we can run on them I believe. When didn't just run last year ... we mixed it up well and passed efficiently.

MadDawg
11-05-2018, 01:21 PM
We never lost to Bama because they were the better team - it was always because Dan was "shopping" himself around. I hope we win this game as much as anyone, but I also hope that we don't start looking for excuses or someone to blame if we don't win.

TUSK
11-05-2018, 01:25 PM
We never lost to Bama because they were the better team - it was always because Dan was "shopping" himself around. I hope we win this game as much as anyone, but I also hope that we don't start looking for excuses or someone to blame if we don't win.

You left out "REC doin' werk."... otherwise, solid post.

dawgday166
11-05-2018, 01:30 PM

No ... that's why we lost to OM teams when we had 8 wins or more. I don't believe, outside of last year and maybe 2014, that anyone on this board ever thought we should've beat Bama.

ETA: You a closet Bammer?? Or you sitting around doing meth with Tusk?

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2018, 01:39 PM

Wasn't saying we need to play like Freeze, more of the mentality that we're not going to back down because they're Bama. I'd prefer us to never throw it if we don't have to, but I'm not dumb enough to think that'll happen.

gravedigger
11-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Like LSU?

Nothing like that. LSU was Joe trying to use the offense we used vs Auburn and LSU was ready.

I dont know what will be dialed up in this game. I know this: it doesnt matter what plays are called. If our skill position players play scared, it wont matter what play is called.

What I hope is we dont try to get to Tua with more than 4-5 players. We MUST keep 5-6 in the secondary at all times and force bama to beat us with the run.

dawgday166
11-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Nothing like that. LSU was Joe trying to use the offense we used vs Auburn and LSU was ready.

I dont know what will be dialed up in this game. I know this: it doesnt matter what plays are called. If our skill position players play scared, it wont matter what play is called.

What I hope is we dont try to get to Tua with more than 4-5 players. We MUST keep 5-6 in the secondary at all times and force bama to beat us with the run.

LSU Fitz was used as a battering ram, mostly in empty backfield set if I recall correctly. Didn't use hardly at all the AU game plan of motioning backs into backfield then running read option ... and also didn't make LSU defend width of field. Most of it was Fitz up the middle.

NCDawg
11-05-2018, 02:35 PM

I disagree. In 2016, Alabama was much the better team. They beat us 51-3, and it could have been much worse had not Saban put in his substitutes in the 2nd half and just ran the ball to hold down the score.

mstatefan91
11-05-2018, 02:39 PM
LSU Fitz was used as a battering ram, mostly in empty backfield set if I recall correctly. Didn't use hardly at all the AU game plan of motioning backs into backfield then running read option ... and also didn't make LSU defend width of field. Most of it was Fitz up the middle.

And Moorhead himself even said that he called the game way too conservatively in the first half.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2018, 02:56 PM
I don't care how he plays them. Just play them tough.